• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Only

Sorry - one more question. I sent in the DV admin payment on April 19th and my bank just told me it was cashed on the 28th though I haven't received an email notification? Is it normal for that to be delayed? Perhaps there's someone I can call about that, I know it's important to have it in my application and I'm worried its gone to my spam as I automatically delete all of it
Try to contact KCC about it, asking for information or to email the receipt. They do not send by email, unless some issue occurred and the physical mail (with the receipt copy) is lost.
I received mine after more than 3 weeks. I would suggest though, to get in touch with them. Question: did you include a self addressed envelope along with the payment?

Hi @Sm1smom, I think I worded my last question poorly so I wanted to re-ask it more clearly: Would a pending I-129 application (for amendment of status) cause problems with an AOS application, where the applicant is in status and is lawfully present?

I hope that's a bit clearer!

Hi @Sm1smom, I think I worded my last question poorly so I wanted to re-ask it more clearly: Would a pending I-129 application (for amendment of status) cause problems with an AOS application, where the applicant is in status and is lawfully present?

I hope that's a bit clearer!
I don’t know like I already answered.

Try to contact KCC about it, asking for information or to email the receipt. They do not send by email, unless some issue occurred and the physical mail (with the receipt copy) is lost.
I received mine after more than 3 weeks. I would suggest though, to get in touch with them. Question: did you include a self addressed envelope along with the payment?
Interesting! Ok, I'll email. Thank you!

An AP card for returning to the US is not required as long as the AOS application has not been filed.
Understood. I guess this is more a question for the class - has anyone traveled recently and had an issue with having already filled out the DS-260 which displays immigrant intent? It's for work so I'm not sure I can avoid international travel though this does make me nervous.

Understood. I guess this is more a question for the class - has anyone traveled recently and had an issue with having already filled out the DS-260 which displays immigrant intent? It's for work so I'm not sure I can avoid international travel though this does make me nervous.
None that I know of.

Hi! How can a lawyer help? Can he go to the LA field office and move your file up to get you an interview date ? My biometrics were on 14 th March but still no interview date. I need to know what my lawyer can do at this stage.
Thanks

Hi! How can a lawyer help? Can he go to the LA field office and move your file up to get you an interview date ? My biometrics were on 14 th March but still no interview date. I need to know what my lawyer can do at this stage.
Thanks
Why are you not directly asking your lawyer to let you know precisely what they can do for you, after all you are paying them?

Why are you not directly asking your lawyer to let you know precisely what they can do for you, after all you are paying them?
I will ask him when I see him on Monday but I was just wondering what to say if he says ‘we just have to wait.’ Can I insist on his intervention ?

I will ask him when I see him on Monday but I was just wondering what to say if he says ‘we just have to wait.’ Can I insist on his intervention ?
He can’t intervene in the way you seem to hope. No, he cannot make them move you up the queue.

Thanks Susie. I just feel what’s the point of having a lawyer when there’s nothing he can do. Can he get any information for me ?
From my understanding, you don’t need a lawyer to go through this process. Using this forum, you have all the information you need and moderators here tend to be more knowledgeable than the lawyers since DV cases filed via AOS are rare and most lawyers are not familiar with this specific process.

From my understanding, you don’t need a lawyer to go through this process. Using this forum, you have all the information you need and moderators here tend to be more knowledgeable than the lawyers since DV cases filed via AOS are rare and most lawyers are not familiar with this specific process.
I guess you are right Sharon. One thing I don’t understand is why would a field office schedule all cases together for an interview when there are barely any? Why wait towards the end of summer when they know this is time bound ?

I think somewhere should be link to "Patreon" or so, so we could say "thank" for all support and information from this forum :) IMO

I read on this thread a few weeks ago that citizens of certain countries may experience longer time after biometric before they get scheduled for interviews. I’m a citizen of one of the countries that were mentioned in that post. However, I had multiple backgrounds checks (some of which were through FBI fingerprint cards) that came back clear in a short period of time without any issues. I also received instant visa approval from US embassies (which I assume means that I already passed some form of vetting). Should I still expect delays in my AOS process?

Thank you

I guess you are right Sharon. One thing I don’t understand is why would a field office schedule all cases together for an interview when there are barely any? Why wait towards the end of summer when they know this is time bound ?
There is a huge backlog. Trust me I am also struggling with how slow the whole process is. The FOs that seem to batch the DV interviews toward the end of fiscal year seems to be the busier FOs just my opinion looking at the processing times.

Last edited:
I think somewhere should be link to "Patreon" or so, so we could say "thank" for all support and information from this forum :) IMO
Completely agreed :) Gladly pay the fees I would have given to lawyers to moderators in this forum. Fingers crossed we all get a GC at the end of this.

Another thing I am not sure of is, will I for sure get my green card by Sept 30 or will visas run out considering that CP processing is going quite fast too and our field office is very slow in sending interview letters. At the moment 34,000 visas are issued and ready to be slotted by consulates abroad. This leaves only 16,000 visas until now and sept 30. I am one of those ( through AOS though) so What are my chances?

Hello, could you please provide me information about how long does it take for USCIS to send Receipt notifications my file was send by my lawyer 2 weeks ago for AOS DV

Thanks Susie. I just feel what’s the point of having a lawyer when there’s nothing he can do. Can he get any information for me ?
I don’t know, what did you think the point of having a lawyer was when you hired him? Almost everyone on this site does AOS , I want to say DIY but it is really “DIY using mom’s amazing spreadsheet”.