• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Only

I guess you are right Sharon. One thing I don’t understand is why would a field office schedule all cases together for an interview when there are barely any? Why wait towards the end of summer when they know this is time bound ?
It can make a lot of sense for the field office because (1) DV AOS is rare so they will generally have one officer who does them all, and it might be easier in some instances to have him/her do them all around the same time (2) what difference does it actually make to them to rush anyone , as long as the interviews are done before FY end? They are still meeting the deadline and still prioritizing DV over other AOS applicants who in some cases wait over two years for an interview.

It can make a lot of sense for the field office because (1) DV AOS is rare so they will generally have one officer who does them all, and it might be easier in some instances to have him/her do them all around the same time (2) what difference does it actually make to them to rush anyone , as long as the interviews are done before FY end? They are still meeting the deadline and still prioritizing DV over other AOS applicants who in some cases wait over two years for an interview.
It does make a difference because while we’re waiting for FO , embassies are busy handing out visas so depending on which region you are in, there may not be a visa left for you. Am I thinking this right ?

It does make a difference because while we’re waiting for FO , embassies are busy handing out visas so depending on which region you are in, there may not be a visa left for you. Am I thinking this right ?
Yes that is possible, but in the past it has been very rare that that happened. Mom may correct me but i can only recall one year that they ran out of visas in total and some AOS applicants in the end of September lost out. There have been a couple of instances that individual country limits were reached but in those instances even CP applicants had interviews cancelled so even that is no assurance. (There is no “regional hard limit” as you imply btw, it’s only country limit or total visas where they cut off.) Unfortunately while there are many advantages to AOS, this is one of the drawbacks you have to accept when doing it, you can’t force a FO to bring your interview forward because you’re worried they’ll run out of visas.
Btw I don’t know (because I haven’t been following developments closely recently) where your 34k number comes from, but your math is a little out because there are 55k visas available so there is room for another 21k visas/green cards, not 16k.

Yes that is possible, but in the past it has been very rare that that happened. Mom may correct me but i can only recall one year that they ran out of visas in total and some AOS applicants in the end of September lost out. There have been a couple of instances that individual country limits were reached but in those instances even CP applicants had interviews cancelled so even that is no assurance. (There is no “regional hard limit” as you imply btw, it’s only country limit or total visas where they cut off.) Unfortunately while there are many advantages to AOS, this is one of the drawbacks you have to accept when doing it, you can’t force a FO to bring your interview forward because you’re worried they’ll run out of visas.
Btw I don’t know (because I haven’t been following developments closely recently) where your 34k number comes from, but your math is a little out because there are 55k visas available so there is room for another 21k visas/green cards, not 16k.
Thank you for clarifying that. I agree my math is a bit poor. It is so stressful none the less. I am on student F1, if I don’t get this AOS done and miss out, I guess my F1 will be cancelled because of dual intent. Hoping for the best.

Hello, could you please provide me information about how long does it take for USCIS to send Receipt notifications my file was send by my lawyer 2 weeks ago for AOS DV
Check the timeline sheet. Most users here have been documenting our timelines. Please add yours too to help other users.

Received our interview letters today, Los Angeles FO. The interview is scheduled for June, 1. Boy, that's a lot of waiting :(
Hi Ivanze, good luck for your interview. Can you please tell me when did your status change online from fingerprints were taken to ‘ case is ready to be scheduled for an interview’ what was the date on which you got this notification?

Hi Ivanze, good luck for your interview. Can you please tell me when did your status change online from fingerprints were taken to ‘ case is ready to be scheduled for an interview’ what was the date on which you got this notification?
This information is in the spreadsheet. You can see a few users with Los Angeles FO’s timeline. Please add yours too.

I read on this thread a few weeks ago that citizens of certain countries may experience longer time after biometric before they get scheduled for interviews. I’m a citizen of one of the countries that were mentioned in that post. However, I had multiple backgrounds checks (some of which were through FBI fingerprint cards) that came back clear in a short period of time without any issues. I also received instant visa approval from US embassies (which I assume means that I already passed some form of vetting). Should I still expect delays in my AOS process?

Thank you
You’ll just have to wait and see while keeping your fingers crossed.

There is no column showing status changed date. There are only columns for interview notice received and interview date. I will fill up mine too. Thanks
That is because the observed status change for most is from finger print to CPO. Case is ready for interview status does not get updated for most, it therefore is not being tracked on the spreadsheet.

Hello, I am a selectee (AS22xxx), finally trying to fill DS-260 as the case number is current. But when I tried to log in to the website, it showed "Your request cannot be processed at this time." I don't think I input my case number or confirmation number incorrectly, but does this mean I am blocked?? Should I contact KCC to unlock it?? Also, is there any deadline for filling DS-260? I am kind of panicked now because I was able to log in to the site properly last week!

Thank you for clarifying that. I agree my math is a bit poor. It is so stressful none the less. I am on student F1, if I don’t get this AOS done and miss out, I guess my F1 will be cancelled because of dual intent. Hoping for the best.
Never heard of that happening. May be difficult to get a new one in the future.

Hello, I am a selectee (AS22xxx), finally trying to fill DS-260 as the case number is current. But when I tried to log in to the website, it showed "Your request cannot be processed at this time." I don't think I input my case number or confirmation number incorrectly, but does this mean I am blocked?? Should I contact KCC to unlock it?? Also, is there any deadline for filling DS-260? I am kind of panicked now because I was able to log in to the site properly last week!
DV 2023 results just came out yesterday. The site is probably crashing with new selectees trying to fill in the DS 260 as well. Are you filling AOS? From my understanding DS 260 step is optional for AOS.

You don’t need to submit DS-260 if you’re doing AOS, but you can.
The DS260 website tends to crash when too many people are trying to access it, which isn’t a surprise since the DV23 results came out yesterday.

Hi, in the spreadsheet row 25 ATM wrote that hé or she contacted a congressman and got her or his interview. ATM is also EU and F1 like me ( but from SF). I couldn’t find ATM in the forum so just wondering.

Another thing I am not sure of is, will I for sure get my green card by Sept 30 or will visas run out considering that CP processing is going quite fast too and our field office is very slow in sending interview letters. At the moment 34,000 visas are issued and ready to be slotted by consulates abroad. This leaves only 16,000 visas until now and sept 30. I am one of those ( through AOS though) so What are my chances?
Actually around 12000 issued and 18000 are ready to be scheduled. We’re more than halfway through fiscal year, so I don’t think that visas will run out.

DV 2023 results just came out yesterday. The site is probably crashing with new selectees trying to fill in the DS 260 as well. Are you filling AOS? From my understanding DS 260 step is optional for AOS.
Ah, that makes sense to me. Thank you @Sharon27 and @AnasMD !! Yes, I am filling AOS, and acknowledging that DS260 is optional for AOS. But I am wondering how I could get the 2nd NL from KCC without filling DS260? I haven't received it yet. Should I start paying the DV administration fee and gathering supporting documents, rather than worrying about DS260??

Ah, that makes sense to me. Thank you @Sharon27 and @AnasMD !! Yes, I am filling AOS, and acknowledging that DS260 is optional for AOS. But I am wondering how I could get the 2nd NL from KCC without filling DS260? I haven't received it yet. Should I start paying the DV administration fee and gathering supporting documents, rather than worrying about DS260??
You really need to carefully go over the AOS process spreadsheet. There are several tabs on that spreadsheet with information that will make the process and the steps you can take a lot clearer to you.

You really need to carefully go over the AOS process spreadsheet. There are several tabs on that spreadsheet with information that will make the process and the steps you can take a lot clearer to you.
Thank you @Sm1smom, I just re-read the spreadsheet and my questions are answered! Sorry for making a fuss. ;)

For the interview notification date, will my status change online first or will I receive a letter first? How does USCIS like to inform the applicants?