• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Only

For the interview notification date, will my status change online first or will I receive a letter first? How does USCIS like to inform the applicants?
Your status will change online first, and there will be an email from USCIS that there's been an update to your case status.

For the interview notification date, will my status change online first or will I receive a letter first? How does USCIS like to inform the applicants?
I feel like it depends.

In my case, I received the interview notice a few days ago but my online case status is still "biometrics received".
Furthermore, I have never received an email telling me that my case status was updated online (even though I filled form G-1145). So, I imagine checking your online account, your emails and your mail often does not hurt :)

Hi! Thanks to everyone who posts on this forum! You've been a great help!

Is anyone also waiting for an interview notice from the San Jose FO? They seem to have been pretty quick in the past, but it's been 50 days since my biometrics appointment, and still no news.

Hi @Sm1smom, first of all I'd like to appreciate you for replying to the questions and the patience you have. I'm filling out the I-485 application, and in section 27, asking my current immigration status. As an asylum seeker, what should I enter in the section 27?

Hi @Sm1smom, first of all I'd like to appreciate you for replying to the questions and the patience you have. I'm filling out the I-485 application, and in section 27, asking my current immigration status. As an asylum seeker, what should I enter in the section 27?
That would be Asylum Pending if you don't have any other valid status outside of that.

Ok thanks so much. We’ve never received an email from them. Only received letters. We’ll wait and see.
Yeah, that was the case for us as well, but when our interview got scheduled, they sent us an email with "Your case status was updated, please check your USCIS account for more information" or something like that.

Hi,

Thanks for your useful information. I have 3 questions:

1-I am an international student on F1 visa and I'm a graduate research assistant at the university. should I mention the graduate assistantship in the employment history of form i-485?

2-should I write just one check for both biometrics and AOS fees?

3-I don't have a middle name. should I leave it blank or write N/A in I-485?

Hi,

My spouse and I received our interview notice today. But on the notice, it says 'initial interview.' Is this the case for everyone? Will there be an additional interview?

Thank you in advance.

Hi,

Thanks for your useful information. I have 3 questions:

1-I am an international student on F1 visa and I'm a graduate research assistant at the university. should I mention the graduate assistantship in the employment history of form i-485?

2-should I write just one check for both biometrics and AOS fees?

3-I don't have a middle name. should I leave it blank or write N/A in I-485?
1. Yes you can mention it.
2. Yes, that is preferable.
3. Leave it blank.

Hi,

My spouse and I received our interview notice today. But on the notice, it says 'initial interview.' Is this the case for everyone? Will there be an additional interview?

Thank you in advance.
Don't stress over that. You got a generic interview letter in use by your FO.

That would be Asylum Pending if you don't have any other valid status outside of that.
Thanks Mom! For the part 2 application type or filing category: I researched the forum and this question was asked one time but the person has the asylum approved status. which one should I select asylum status (INA Section 208) Form I-589 or Diversity Visa program since my asylum case is still pending?

Thanks Mom! For the part 2 application type or filing category: I researched the forum and this question was asked one time but the person has the asylum approved status. which one should I select asylum status (INA Section 208) Form I-589 or Diversity Visa program since my asylum case is still pending?
Filing category should be the Diversity Visa Program, you do not currently have an asylum status. And even if you do, this particular AOS application is based on your being a DV selection, and not on having a granted asylum status. Plus I am certain the person you're referring to as having the asylum status already granted did not indicate they were filing AOS based on (INA Section 208) Form I-589

Filing category should be the Diversity Visa Program, you do not currently have an asylum status. And even if you do, this particular AOS application is based on your being a DV selection, and not on having a granted asylum status. Plus I am certain the person you're referring to as having the asylum status already granted did not indicate they were filing AOS based on (INA Section 208) Form I-589
Exactly as you said my status is asylum pending and I've to select Diversity Visa Program. Following on this question, there is a note below the question Are you applying for adjustment based on the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) section 245 (i)? As you previously replied to this question I selected No but there is a note below of the question saying If you selected Yes to Item number 2, you must select diversity program.

Exactly as you said my status is asylum pending and I've to select Diversity Visa Program. Following on this question, there is a note below the question Are you applying for adjustment based on the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) section 245 (i)? As you previously replied to this question I selected No but there is a note below of the question saying If you selected Yes to Item number 2, you must select diversity program.
No, the note does not say if you select Yes to Item 2, you must select diversity program. It says "If you answered "YES", you must have selected ..." Big difference between what your interpretation and what is actually written there, read it again.
And anyway, I already responded in an earlier post that you're not filing a DV based AOS application on the basis of INA 245(i). But if you feel you are, then go ahead and select Yes for that section and make sure you include the additional Supplement A to Form I-485 as required.

I’m about to pay the DV fees (the $330) and I have 2 questions:

- Would it be a good idea to tape the DV payment form on the outside of the envelope? Or should I just put it inside it?

- Can I simply go to my bank and get a certified check from my account? Or does it have to be a “cashier check” from Walmart or any other store?

Thank you