• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Only

Thanks. I think I am in confusion about this.

After I request my case to change to AOS, is still KCC related to the issue and they receive the check? Or is it USCIS? Which one I should be contacting?
My response already answered that. "If the payment receipt doesn't show up by then, you can email KCC to request a copy be sent to you via email"

Hi!
How many days did it take for interview notice to arrive by post after your status changed to interview is scheduled ?
My status didn't change to interview is scheduled, which I'm also confused about. My current status still shows "Case was updated to show fingerprints were taken." What is funny is when I saw a scanned USCIS mail through the USPS informed delivery dashboard, I called USCIS several times to ask what the mail was about, and the officers told me that there were no interviews scheduled for me and my wife's case. But when I actually received the mail, it was the interview notice...

I recieved my text from USCIS today.

Online says "fingerprint fee was received" MSCXXX. Our National Benefits Center location is working on your case. Hoping the notice in the mail is good news.

My status didn't change to interview is scheduled, which I'm also confused about. My current status still shows "Case was updated to show fingerprints were taken." What is funny is when I saw a scanned USCIS mail through the USPS informed delivery dashboard, I called USCIS several times to ask what the mail was about, and the officers told me that there were no interviews scheduled for me and my wife's case. But when I actually received the mail, it was the interview notice...
Wow! How strange, doesn’t make much sense! But the good news is that you have an interview date and the letter. Good luck

Wow! How strange, doesn’t make much sense! But the good news is that you have an interview date and the letter. Good luck
Nothing strange about what was reported above. It’s been stated over and over in this forum that most cases do not get an online status update when the interview gets scheduled - this is also called out on the AOS process spreadsheet by the way.

Also USCIS agents saying no interview was scheduled when the OP called was/is normal. The frontline reps answering the phone see exactly the same thing you as an applicant see when you login online to check case status. If the FO has not updated the online status, the frontline agents (level 1 reps) will not be able to tell if the interview has been scheduled.

Hello,
Question regarding I-485
If I-485 was filled in May (not current) and AOS package send in June (current)

1. Will that be considered as early filling?
2. If so, I have to fill I-485 with June date in May, and make sure that AOS will be delivered after date that I put on I-485?

Hello,
Question regarding I-485
If I-485 was filled in May (not current) and AOS package send in June (current)

1. Will that be considered as early filling?
2. If so, I have to fill I-485 with June date in May, and make sure that AOS will be delivered after date that I put on I-485?
Early filing is determined based on when the Lockbox receives the AOS package, not when the forms were filled or signed. The form obviously should not be post-dated to reflect a future date after the date the package gets delivered to the lockbox.

Hi Sm1smom,
a) I'm on L2 visa in US since Oct'2021 (expiry date 31-March-2022), extension filed on 11-March-2022. Will this be considered a valid status?.
b) I got selected in DV-2023 with AS100XX. Should I wait for my L2 extension get approved before I initiate DS-260 for AOS. How soon, I need to submit DS-260.
c) Do I need police reports for all my stays since I'm 16 year old??
d) In DS-260, there is a section where I have to mention duration of my stay in US. Since, my L2 visa has been gone for extension, I don't know the end date. What should I mention for the duration in this situation.

Last edited:
Hi Sm1smom,
a) I'm on L2 visa in US since Oct'2021 (expiry date 31-March-2022), extension filed on 11-March-2022. Will this be considered a valid status?.
b) I got selected in DV-2023 with AS100XX. Should I wait for my L2 extension get approved before I initiate DS-260 for AOS. How soon, I need to submit DS-260.
c) Do I need police reports for all my stays since I'm 16 year old??
d) In DS-260, there is a section where I have to mention duration of my stay in US. Since, my L2 visa has been gone for extension, I don't know the end date. What should I mention for the duration in this situation.
1. Technically speaking it is not a “valid status” status per se, but it is equally not out of status and you’re not accruing any illegal presence while the extension is pending.
2. You don’t need to wait for the approval before submitting the DS260 form. You can submit it whenever you like, it really doesn’t matter.
3. No PR required for AOS unless you’ve been arrested in the past.
4. You’ll put the date for the day you’re filling the form, a future date cannot be used - the end date doesn’t matter.

p.s. you should spend some quality time familiarizing yourself with the AOS process spreadsheet to enhance your understanding of the AOS process.

Hello

I submitted my packet in early January for NYC current in February. I had my biometrics scheduled for March 3rd but walked in on Feb 17th and got it done. I haven't received any communication scheduling an interview. I also realized while I added to my AOS packet the actual notification letter KCC mailed me which is also the receipt, I did not print and attach the email they sent me which I have come to learn on this forum is called a 2NL. Does this increase my chance of receiving an RFE? If so, could I preempt it by sending it in today? Whats the procedure for sending in this additional information? How will I know it was received?
I received my interview notice for 3rd April scheduling an interview for May 10th in NYC. I had my interview yesterday. It was very straightforward. My green card was approved at the end of the interview. USCIS Case status changed to card is currently being produced. I am unable to log in to the spreadsheet due to security restrictions so could @Sm1smom please update it on my behalf. Packet was mailed on January 13th, Received on January 18th, check cashed on January 18th and NOA received on January 28th. Thanks all for the support and informative posts and the spreadsheet.

1. Technically speaking it is not a “valid status” status per se, but it is equally not out of status and you’re not accruing any illegal presence while the extension is pending.
2. You don’t need to wait for the approval before submitting the DS260 form. You can submit it whenever you like, it really doesn’t matter.
3. No PR required for AOS unless you’ve been arrested in the past.
4. You’ll put the date for the day you’re filling the form, a future date cannot be used - the end date doesn’t matter.

p.s. you should spend some quality time familiarizing yourself with the AOS process spreadsheet to enhance your understanding of the AOS process.
Thank you so very much for the clarification. I have gone through full AOS spreadsheet before posting here. The much needed and only place where I found everything put in in so understandable way (sorry I came up with so many questions though). Thanks to @Britsimon who pointed me to this post. I think, its a long way from here and I continue to seek your opinion and advice.

I received my interview notice for 3rd April scheduling an interview for May 10th in NYC. I had my interview yesterday. It was very straightforward. My green card was approved at the end of the interview. USCIS Case status changed to card is currently being produced. I am unable to log in to the spreadsheet due to security restrictions so could @Sm1smom please update it on my behalf. Packet was mailed on January 13th, Received on January 18th, check cashed on January 18th and NOA received on January 28th. Thanks all for the support and informative posts and the spreadsheet.
Congratulations and thanks for the update. Can you send an access request directly from the spreadsheet to enable you add your own updates? There's a couple more information required which you haven't provided here - those additional information (in addition to what you provided here) will make your update a lot more useful for other folks.

Thank you so very much for the clarification. I have gone through full AOS spreadsheet before posting here. The much needed and only place where I found everything put in in so understandable way (sorry I came up with so many questions though). Thanks to @Britsimon who pointed me to this post. I think, its a long way from here and I continue to seek your opinion and advice.
Well, asking about if you need the PR gave me the impression you hadn't gone through the spreadsheet since that is not listed as required to be included in the AOS package. That is why I suggested spending some quality time going over it.

I'm glad Simon directed you to this forum, happy to help as much as I can.

Well, asking about if you need the PR gave me the impression you hadn't gone through the spreadsheet since that is not listed as required to be included in the AOS package. That is why I suggested spending some quality time going over it.

I'm glad Simon directed you to this forum, happy to help as much as I can.
I got confused due to this article -"travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/diversity-visa-program-entry/diversity-visa-if-you-are-selected/diversity-visa-prepare-supporting-documents.html"

In Police Certificate certificate section, it mention - Note: Present and former residents of the United States should NOT obtain any police certificates covering their residence in the United States.

Down the line, it also says - Note: Present and former residents of the United States do NOT need to submit any U.S. police certificates.

It is confusing.

I got confused due to this article -"travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/diversity-visa-program-entry/diversity-visa-if-you-are-selected/diversity-visa-prepare-supporting-documents.html"

In Police Certificate certificate section, it mention - Note: Present and former residents of the United States should NOT obtain any police certificates covering their residence in the United States.

Down the line, it also says - Note: Present and former residents of the United States do NOT need to submit any U.S. police certificates.

It is confusing.
They're both saying the same thing to me, I don't get what the confusion is about.

It is confusing.
That’s the section for what to bring if you are undergoing consular processing. It is not exactly the same list as what is required for AOS. The lines you quote are for people who have resided in the US who will be interviewing outside the US at a consulate.

I was going over the AOS Package tab in the Excel sheet and came across “8. Additional documents” section which included “Court record/documents”. Does this mean:

1- Court records/documents for traffic violations and other incidents within the US (if any)?

2- A document from my homecountry certifying that I don’t have any criminal charges etc.?

If I don’t have any traffic violations, tickets, warrants or any issue my entire life neither in US nor in mumt county, then am I still expected to include documents from US or my country as a proof for that in the AOS package?

Thank you in advance

I was going over the AOS Package tab in the Excel sheet and came across “8. Additional documents” section which included “Court record/documents”. Does this mean:

1- Court records/documents for traffic violations and other incidents within the US (if any)?

2- A document from my homecountry certifying that I don’t have any criminal charges etc.?

If I don’t have any traffic violations, tickets, warrants or any issue my entire life neither in US nor in mumt county, then am I still expected to include documents from US or my country as a proof for that in the AOS package?

Thank you in advance
1&2. If you don't have any violations/ court records you are good to go, there is no need to show you don't have any charges