• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Only

Hi guys,

So I've been trying to contact KCC and change from CP to AOS, but I'm having a similar problem as some others on here. KCC replied last week with the generic response "Because your case is ready to be scheduled, KCC can no longer unlock your application..etc"

I contacted my consulate and was actually able to get the DS-260 unlocked. I then contacted KCC again, but still got the same response even though the form is already unlocked. I feel if I update my address and resubmit the form, it's just going to get sent back to the consulate again since I'm not able to change the CP/AOS selection on the DS-260.

Would it cause any problem if I just leave the DS-260 unlocked for now, and go ahead and pay the DV fee first? Or is there anything else I could do?
Hey @Acey do you mind if I ask your consulate? Have you had any luck getting your case transferred to your FO? Are you Suva?

I’m about to pay the DV fees (the $330) and I have 2 questions:

- Would it be a good idea to tape the DV payment form on the outside of the envelope? Or should I just put it inside it?

- Can I simply go to my bank and get a certified check from my account? Or does it have to be a “cashier check” from Walmart or any other store?

Thank you
1. Why on earth would you tape the payment outside the mailing envelope?
2. You get a cashier’s check from the bank or money order from the post office, Walmart, or wherever else money order can be purchased from.

Hey @Acey do you mind if I ask your consulate? Have you had any luck getting your case transferred to your FO? Are you Suva?

My consulate was Sydney. I emailed them and they basically just said that USCIS would request my case file from them once they receive my application. I haven’t submitted my application or paid the DV fee though.

Since then I’ve also contacted Suva, and they said it would be quicker for me if I just transferred my case to Suva and interviewed there. So I’m aiming for that at the moment and just waiting for the 2nl.

I’m about to pay the DV fees (the $330) and I have 2 questions:

- Would it be a good idea to tape the DV payment form on the outside of the envelope? Or should I just put it inside it?

- Can I simply go to my bank and get a certified check from my account? Or does it have to be a “cashier check” from Walmart or any other store?

Thank you
Why would you tape anything on the outside of an envelope? Never heard of that

Don't stress over that. You got a generic interview letter in use by your FO.
Hi,

My spouse and I received our interview notice today. But on the notice, it says 'initial interview.' Is this the case for everyone? Will there be an additional interview?

Thank you in advance.
Hi!
How many days did it take for interview notice to arrive by post after your status changed to interview is scheduled ?

Hi,
I need help about the notification from USCIS. After I notified KCC to change my case to AOS and got email from them, I sent the DV Fee. I asked the bank if it was deposited and they replied me that it was cashed out 2 weeks ago by Department of State. I didn't get any notification from USCIS about the payment. What should I do?

Hi,

I think I messed up my application. I filed my I-485 way early. My case number is AS58XX, from Nepal. I filed mine in Jan without consideration of cut off numbers, I just looked at the middle column where it said 6000 for Asia. And thinking I was current for that month I sent in my application. Everything went on time and my interview was scheduled May 5, but I got denied later saying the visa is not available.

What can do next? Can I start new application when I'm current? Need help guys. Thank you so much.

Attachments

• 90B0EDD3-678D-4953-BBB7-0E1955F8708F.jpg
    90B0EDD3-678D-4953-BBB7-0E1955F8708F.jpg
    282.1 KB · Views: 42
One more question about DV fees payment:
Do I need to write the names of the dependents who will be doing AOS with me in the payment form? Or is my name enough?

(I’m sure it sounds more like OCD but I would really appreciate your guidance).

No, the note does not say if you select Yes to Item 2, you must select diversity program. It says "If you answered "YES", you must have selected ..." Big difference between what your interpretation and what is actually written there, read it again.
And anyway, I already responded in an earlier post that you're not filing a DV based AOS application on the basis of INA 245(i). But if you feel you are, then go ahead and select Yes for that section and make sure you include the additional Supplement A to Form I-485 as required.
Thank you so much. You helped me a lot. Two more questions.
1. In part 8 General Eligibility should I provide where I did my military services? I've done compulsory military services a few years ago and this part asks me if I was involved in any military service.
2. question 49 asks Have you ever received any type of military, paramilitary, or weapons training?

1. In part 8 General Eligibility should I provide where I did my military services? I've done compulsory military services a few years ago and this part asks me if I was involved in any military service.
2. question 49 asks Have you ever received any type of military, paramilitary, or weapons training?
if it was compulsory, USCIS likely knows that. just put it as it is in the explanation field at the end of the form - received such and such training as part of (curriculum/obligatory service - tho you likely didn't serve per se). be concise

1. If the form is asking about military service, then you answer Yes.
2. Answer as applicable to you

Hi,
I need help about the notification from USCIS. After I notified KCC to change my case to AOS and got email from them, I sent the DV Fee. I asked the bank if it was deposited and they replied me that it was cashed out 2 weeks ago by Department of State. I didn't get any notification from USCIS about the payment. What should I do?
Did you include a SASE with your payment when it was sent in?

Hi,

I think I messed up my application. I filed my I-485 way early. My case number is AS58XX, from Nepal. I filed mine in Jan without consideration of cut off numbers, I just looked at the middle column where it said 6000 for Asia. And thinking I was current for that month I sent in my application. Everything went on time and my interview was scheduled May 5, but I got denied later saying the visa is not available.

What can do next? Can I start new application when I'm current? Need help guys. Thank you so much.
Send in a new application when your CN becomes current.

Ok. Give it till the end of the week. If the payment receipt doesn't show up by then, you can email KCC to request a copy be sent to you via email.
Thanks. I think I am in confusion about this.

After I request my case to change to AOS, is still KCC related to the issue and they receive the check? Or is it USCIS? Which one I should be contacting?

if it was compulsory, USCIS likely knows that. just put it as it is in the explanation field at the end of the form - received such and such training as part of (curriculum/obligatory service - tho you likely didn't serve per se). be concise
So should I fill out part 8 and add an additional note on part 14? or just explain the military service on part 14?

USCIS already knows because I filled out on form DS260 but the question on I-485 is a bit confusing for me