• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Only

Hi @lolopolo, @español

I've seen from the spreadsheet that you sent To Chicago Lockbox a few weeks ago.
Did you receive the acceptance text yet?
I am still waiting too. It has been 17 days and no sign (either acceptance or money order cashed)
Dear @Guma77,

We are still waiting for some movement. My shipment went to Phoenix on the 19th with reception on the 21st but here we are still waiting.

As soon as there is a response or movement of some kind, I will update the page.

Hi @lolopolo, @español

I've seen from the spreadsheet that you sent To Chicago Lockbox a few weeks ago.
Did you receive the acceptance text yet?
I am still waiting too. It has been 17 days and no sign (either acceptance or money order cashed)

Hi @lolopolo,@español and @Guma77. We sent the package 4/19 and we haven't received nothing too.

Hi, I'm monitoring my checks very closely, every day. I'll update the spreadsheet once any movement happens. I've noticed that on average, it takes now about 2 weeks for the payment to be cashed, so I remained relatively calm. If I won't see any updates by the next week, I'll likely call or send a follow-up email. The crisis in Ukraine and the respective relief initiative could've added up to USCIS workload.

Hi @Sm1smom, a couple of things

1) Like others in this thread: @Acey @AF00033k , after asking KCC to change my case from CP to AOS I was getting the response that said "Because your case is ready to be scheduled, KCC can no longer unlock your application..", after sending the DV Fee Payment I sent another email asking the same, and got the following response:

View attachment 3456
Is that my 2NL? Or is it just acknowledgement of my intentions of doing AOS?

I haven't received my fee receipt yet either, the payment was cashed April 18th. I don't know if I should ask for those 2 via email.

2) Regarding the "certified translations", I was wondering if there's such thing as an "original" translated document (like signed by the translator physically), or just printing the translation I've got sent to my email would be enough

Thank you so much for your help!!!
Receipt came after 3 weeks. Let’s see what mum will say

Hi Ozeel, we are in the same boat. I have been getting nervous as well. Mine got delivered April 2 but no acceptance text till now. I called the lockbox and was told to email lockboxsupport@uscis.dhs.gov if it has been more than 15 days. So I am waiting till Friday, if nothing, Il email.
My case no is AF34*** - Current in April - F1.
Did you email them? Was it helpful? Expound on the details that need to be on the email. It’s 26 days since I sent package

Hi, I'm monitoring my checks very closely, every day. I'll update the spreadsheet once any movement happens. I've noticed that on average, it takes now about 2 weeks for the payment to be cashed, so I remained relatively calm. If I won't see any updates by the next week, I'll likely call or send a follow-up email. The crisis in Ukraine and the respective relief initiative could've added up to USCIS workload.
Mine took 24 days to get the Acceptance Text.
So just wait unless its exceeded 30 days

@Sm1smom This is another (probably) stupid question.

We're going with Fedex to send our packet. Would it be better to wait until Monday to send it because no one will be there on a weekend?

Or is it fine?

I just noticed that the address with Fedex is different and when I've received Fedex in the past I've had to sign for it. I just don't want it to be sent back or anything to happen to it.

@Sm1smom This is another (probably) stupid question.

We're going with Fedex to send our packet. Would it be better to wait until Monday to send it because no one will be there on a weekend?

Or is it fine?

I just noticed that the address with Fedex is different and when I've received Fedex in the past I've had to sign for it. I just don't want it to be sent back or anything to happen to it.
Just use your discretion please.

Hi @Sm1smom , is filing a visa amendment (change of work location) different to filing a change of status? My understanding is that you can't adjust status if you're not in status. But is it ok to file AOS if you have a visa, but have a pending change of amendment to work location (I-129)?

Hi @Sm1smom , is filing a visa amendment (change of work location) different to filing a change of status? My understanding is that you can't adjust status if you're not in status. But is it ok to file AOS if you have a visa, but have a pending change of amendment to work location (I-129)?
I’m sorry I don’t know.

Hi this is an open question to any member.

Has anyone in the New York or Brooklyn field office had an interview scheduled yet? According to the Timeline spreadsheet no but wanted to check.

I had my biometrics back in December 2021 and havent had any word about my interview and wondering if anybody is in the same boat. Seems like an unusually long wait but might just be the NY field offices normal pace?

Thanks all!

Hi this is an open question to any member.

Has anyone in the New York or Brooklyn field office had an interview scheduled yet? According to the Timeline spreadsheet no but wanted to check.

I had my biometrics back in December 2021 and havent had any word about my interview and wondering if anybody is in the same boat. Seems like an unusually long wait but might just be the NY field offices normal pace?

Thanks all!
Hey, not yet. According to previous years experience, BK office usually keeps all cases till the end of the fiscal year. I am not sure if I remember it right but last year there was a person who submitted his case in October and was interviewed only in July-August. So I assume it is normal pace for our FO

Hey, not yet. According to previous years experience, BK office usually keeps all cases till the end of the fiscal year. I am not sure if I remember it right but last year there was a person who submitted his case in October and was interviewed only in July-August. So I assume it is normal pace for our FO
Thanks for that, yea what your'e saying tracks with what iv'e learned also.

Fingers crossed its not too much longer.

Hi Sm1smom,

I just went current (June) but I am planning on traveling for work between May/June and am wondering if there are any risks. I have not submitted the AOS Package and do not plan on doing so until immediately after come back. I have an apt with a civil surgeon which is to happen when I come back to the US in June as well.

I have submitted the DS-260 and made the DV administrative payment (which has not yet been received).

I am assuming I will not need an AP card since I haven't submitted the full package?

Thank you!

Sorry - one more question. I sent in the DV admin payment on April 19th and my bank just told me it was cashed on the 28th though I haven't received an email notification? Is it normal for that to be delayed? Perhaps there's someone I can call about that, I know it's important to have it in my application and I'm worried its gone to my spam as I automatically delete all of it

Hi Sm1smom,

I just went current (June) but I am planning on traveling for work between May/June and am wondering if there are any risks. I have not submitted the AOS Package and do not plan on doing so until immediately after come back. I have an apt with a civil surgeon which is to happen when I come back to the US in June as well.

I have submitted the DS-260 and made the DV administrative payment (which has not yet been received).

I am assuming I will not need an AP card since I haven't submitted the full package?

Thank you!
An AP card for returning to the US is not required as long as the AOS application has not been filed.

Sorry - one more question. I sent in the DV admin payment on April 19th and my bank just told me it was cashed on the 28th though I haven't received an email notification? Is it normal for that to be delayed? Perhaps there's someone I can call about that, I know it's important to have it in my application and I'm worried its gone to my spam as I automatically delete all of it
I already addressed the email notification question here and here - please go over those posts. Also check the timeline spreadsheet to get an idea of the average processing time for getting the DV payment receipt as reported by others AOSers.