• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Only

I managed to catch BritSimons interview with Jesse this morning. Good viewing for someone like myself who is pretty new to this area...

During that interview, I heard Jesse's comment that he believes all regions will go current this year as it is part of the KCC "playbook". I'm taking this to mean that even if the amount of issued visas has no chance of getting to the 55k available for this year (which definitely seems to be the case), the US gov will still push all cases to go current for appearances sake. Though, I don't fully understand that strategy, noting that being made current may improve the case merits of individuals filing lawsuits for DV2022. But either way, this is a pretty new perspective for me, as I was under the impression that case numbers would move more inline with actual issued visa counts. So, in the first instance, I wanted to get a read on peoples opinions w.r.t Jesse's comment.

If Jesse is correct, I was also interested to understand order of processing, particularly for those filing as AOS vs. consulate outside of US. From what I understand, interview scheduling is based on dates individuals are deemed documentarily qualified. But does that order apply universally to AOS and those interviewing outside of the US? Or, would those who are filing for AOS have a greater chance of gaining an interview once current and documentarily qualified, even if their date was much later than those individuals from their origin region who are interviewing outside of the US?

I managed to catch BritSimons interview with Jesse this morning. Good viewing for someone like myself who is pretty new to this area...

During that interview, I heard Jesse's comment that he believes all regions will go current this year as it is part of the KCC "playbook". I'm taking this to mean that even if the amount of issued visas has no chance of getting to the 55k available for this year (which definitely seems to be the case), the US gov will still push all cases to go current for appearances sake. Though, I don't fully understand that strategy, noting that being made current may improve the case merits of individuals filing lawsuits for DV2022. But either way, this is a pretty new perspective for me, as I was under the impression that case numbers would move more inline with actual issued visa counts. So, in the first instance, I wanted to get a read on peoples opinions w.r.t Jesse's comment.

If Jesse is correct, I was also interested to understand order of processing, particularly for those filing as AOS vs. consulate outside of US. From what I understand, interview scheduling is based on dates individuals are deemed documentarily qualified. But does that order apply universally to AOS and those interviewing outside of the US? Or, would those who are filing for AOS have a greater chance of gaining an interview once current and documentarily qualified, even if their date was much later than those individuals from their origin region who are interviewing outside of the US?
This thread is mainly for discussing AOS related processing, let’s keep it at that please, without getting it clogged up with CP related opinions. If you’re interested in discussing opinions regarding Jesse’s comments, please post those on the general CP 2022 thread. Jesse’s comments or stand has no bearing on the AOS process. Kindly keep questions on this thread limited to AOS process only, just like the title says.

AOS interview dates (or process from start to finish) are dependent on CNs becoming current and the workload of the specific FO with jurisdiction over the AOS case.

This thread is mainly for discussing AOS related processing, let’s keep it at that please, without getting it clogged up with CP related opinions. If you’re interested in discussing opinions regarding Jesse’s comments, please post those on the general CP 2022 thread. Jesse’s comments or stand has no bearing on the AOS process. Kindly keep questions on this thread limited to AOS process only, just like the title says.

AOS interview dates (or process from start to finish) are dependent on CNs becoming current and the workload of the specific FO with jurisdiction over the AOS case.

Sure, feel free to delete my post above. Seems I cannot edit posted content.

So it doesn't matter if I wait for 90 days or not, I am at the same situation after all. So why this 90 days rule mentioned in the 9FAM if before 90 days or after it is the same procedure right?

My case no 2022AS16xx and it is current since November 21, the embassy in our country is very slow and I am worried that maybe we will not have the chance for an interview here.
I do have a valid B1/B2 US Visa, but my family does not have a visa.
I have a business meeting with my suppliers in Pennsylvania in the months of May.
and since I am going to be in the USA I will use this chance to apply for AOS for myself and my family to bring them into the US to do AOS.

Is that sound good?
What is the time frame for such a process?
After I finalize my meeting with my suppliers can travel back to my home country to sell my belonging there? or I can not leave the US until I finish the AOS process?
One of my derivatives will turn 21 in April 2022, is he will still include in my AOS or not?

My case no 2022AS16xx and it is current since November 21, the embassy in our country is very slow and I am worried that maybe we will not have the chance for an interview here.
I do have a valid B1/B2 US Visa, but my family does not have a visa.
I have a business meeting with my suppliers in Pennsylvania in the months of May.
and since I am going to be in the USA I will use this chance to apply for AOS for myself and my family to bring them into the US to do AOS.

Is that sound good?
What is the time frame for such a process?
After I finalize my meeting with my suppliers can travel back to my home country to sell my belonging there? or I can not leave the US until I finish the AOS process?
One of my derivatives will turn 21 in April 2022, is he will still include in my AOS or not?
You asked same questions two weeks ago, Jan. 30th to be precise. I didn't see a need to further respond because @Blade_ already did in this post. Anyway, to make that previous response clearer, here's mine:
1. AOS is intended for people already residing in the US before the decision to file for AOS was made. Entering the US on a non-dual intent NIV with a preconceived intent of filing for AOS is considered a fraudulent attempt at obtaining an immigration benefit, it is frowned upon. However, if you declare this preconceived intent of filing AOS at the POE and you are subsequently admitted into the US following that declaration, filing for AOS after that will not be considered a fraudulent attempt at obtaining an immigration benefit. In that case, you will only be able to file for yourself, you cannot file for yourself and your family if your family is not in the US with you.
2. I don't see the relevance of the time frame in your case, since you're currently not eligible to file AOS in the first place. Nonetheless, the process could take anywhere between two to four months (or more - there are several factors at play when it comes to AOS processing).
3&4. See 1 above regarding your family.

Hi!
I was in F1 status, just completed the AOS process and got my green card. I really appreciate the help that I got through this forum.

I was wondering if you folks can think of anything I should do now that I received it. I know I need to do at least two things:
1. Register with Selective Service
2. Remove work-related restrictions on SSN

Please let me know if you can think of anything to be done either now or in close future, or any advice in general.

Thank you!
Congrats on your GC!! I just had my biometrics done last week -- curious to know how long it took from your biometrics to getting the interview? Thanks in advance! :)

My interview was waived but it took about two or one and a half month from bio to getting gc
Thank you. Just curious. How did you got to know that you will not going to have an interview ? Case Status updating is rarely happens in USCIS case status. Also, two or one and a half month took to see your status update in USCIS? Sorry for all these questions. I think your answers will help everyone who are wondering why their interview notice are not receiving. Any advice is highly appreciated. So happy for you that able to go through the process smoothly.

I have impression that everything that happens after you sent your case to the Lockbox is just random and there are no set patterns. It's like winning the lottery two times in a row. For example, we completed our biometrics 3 months ago, and there's still no information about our case anywhere.

Some people get lucky and receive their GC in 2-3 months window, others have to wait up until the end of FY and go through their congressperson.

@beanieMonster46 Would you be able to share your timeline in the AOS spreadsheet? It's always interesting to see the progress of individual cases. Also, which field office was assigned to you? Thanks
I already asked them to do so, but seems like they are unwilling to provide that update on the timeline spreadsheet which is rather sad.

I already asked them to do so, but seems like they are unwilling to provide that update on the timeline spreadsheet which is rather sad.
Sorry, I can't figure out how to use Google docs. It took me some time to gather up all the info. I'd appreciate it if someone could enter it into the spreadsheet for me:

CN - 2022EU00002XXX
Status - F1
CN Current Month - November
ASC - Minneapolis, MN
Field office - Minneapolis, MN
Delivery Service - UPS
Payment Type - Check
Bio Scheduled Date - 27th December
Interview Date - waived but had to wait until February 2 to get my interview notice
Comments - The process was very straightforward. It probably depends on your field office and field officer a lot.
Hire a lawyer if you can, it's really helpful to get general questions answered, preferably lawyer from your state
Also they can attend your interview with you

I have impression that everything that happens after you sent your case to the Lockbox is just random and there are no set patterns. It's like winning the lottery two times in a row. For example, we completed our biometrics 3 months ago, and there's still no information about our case anywhere.

Some people get lucky and receive their GC in 2-3 months window, others have to wait up until the end of FY and go through their congressperson.
No, that is not correct. Everything that happens after the case file gets to the Lockbox is not random - there's a method to the madness involved with DV based AOS process. There are several factors at play when it comes getting the IL (or an approval without an interview).

1. Each FO operate independently of one another when it comes to scheduling the interview.
2. Some FOs are super busy, their workload therefore needs to be taken into consideration in comparison to those who may not have a lot of applications to deal with. (Reviewing past timeline spreadsheets to see how one's
3. Some FOs prefer to batch DV cases together - those may decide to wait towards the end of the year before scheduling DV interviews (or approving those without an interview at that point).
4. Some prefer to wait for the applicant's background check to clear before scheduling the DV interview, therefore applicants with prolonged background check clearance will wait a lot longer than others even if their FO is not super busy.

This is why reviewing past timeline spreadsheets to see how one's FOs treated DV cases in the past is highly recommended. It is also the reason we keep asking (encouraging) current applicants to equally fill out the current timeline spreadsheet by the way - it is actually better to do so as the case progresses as against waiting until the end of the process. That information also help fellow applicants have a better insight into what is going on.

Sorry, I can't figure out how to use Google docs. It took me some time to gather up all the info. I'd appreciate it if someone could enter it into the spreadsheet for me:

CN - 2022EU00002XXX
Status - F1
CN Current Month - November
ASC - Minneapolis, MN
Field office - Minneapolis, MN
Delivery Service - UPS
Payment Type - Check
Bio Scheduled Date - 27th December
Interview Date - waived but had to wait until February 2 to get my interview notice
Comments - The process was very straightforward. It probably depends on your field office and field officer a lot.
Hire a lawyer if you can, it's really helpful to get general questions answered, preferably lawyer from your state
Also they can attend your interview with you
When did you send in your AOS package? It doesn't make sense that your interview got waived but you had to wait until Feb. 2nd to get your interview notice. Can you clarify that statement?

Glad to know hiring a lawyer worked for you in your case. Based on past experiences reported in this forum (and a couple of others I visit by the way), 90 to 95% of those who hired lawyers for their DV based AOS cases ended up relying on the information available in this forum and doing all the work themselves eventually, the lawyers created more problems for them (the accounts can be found in some of the past AOS threads for anyone interested in reading them).

Most lawyers are not familiar with DV based AOS applications, they tend to want to treat them like family based AOS applications - that is what we have observed here over and over. Which is why this forum typically does not advocate hiring a lawyer unless of course there are some other legal issues (outside of the DV process) which an applicant needs to resolve. The DV based AOS application is quite simple and straight forward, it does not warrant hiring a lawyer to even attend the interview with one.

When did you send in your AOS package? It doesn't make sense that your interview got waived but you had to wait until Feb. 2nd to get your interview notice. Can you clarify that statement?

Glad to know hiring a lawyer worked for you in your case. Based on past experiences reported in this forum (and a couple of others I visit by the way), 90 to 95% of those who hired lawyers for their DV based AOS cases ended up relying on the information available in this forum and doing all the work themselves eventually, the lawyers created more problems for them (the accounts can be found in some of the past AOS threads for anyone interested in reading them).

Most lawyers are not familiar with DV based AOS applications, they tend to want to treat them like family based AOS applications - that is what we have observed here over and over. Which is why this forum typically does not advocate hiring a lawyer unless of course there are some other legal issues (outside of the DV process) which an applicant needs to resolve. The DV based AOS application is quite simple and straight forward, it does not warrant hiring a lawyer to even attend the interview with one.
The lawyer sent out the AOS package on October 1st, just looked it up in email. I think there is some sort of rule that says you can send it one month before your case becomes current. After that, in about 3 weeks I got confirmation from USCIS. Then in early December I got my invite for biometrics. Then I kept waiting and never received other notices from USCIS until I got the green card early February. Hope this clarifies it.

The lawyer's helper filled out my forms in my case. The helper was not the sharpest tool in the shed (to put it mildly, maybe they were overworked, idk) so I had to correct the forms after them. However I ended up asking the lawyer over 100 questions overall (both about the case and about filling out specific fields on forms) and that's the main reason for a lawyer for me. Overall cost was close to 3k + USCIS fees