• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Only

The lawyer sent out the AOS package on October 1st, just looked it up in email. I think there is some sort of rule that says you can send it one month before your case becomes current. After that, in about 3 weeks I got confirmation from USCIS. Then in early December I got my invite for biometrics. Then I kept waiting and never received other notices from USCIS until I got the green card early February. Hope this clarifies it.

The lawyer's helper filled out my forms in my case. The helper was not the sharpest tool in the shed (to put it mildly, maybe they were overworked, idk) so I had to correct the forms after them. However I ended up asking the lawyer over 100 questions overall (both about the case and about filling out specific fields on forms) and that's the main reason for a lawyer for me. Overall cost was close to 3k + USCIS fees
Yes, we know about the early filing option which is well covered in this forum :). So you did not receive any interview letter in February, what you got was your GC itself - you wrote " had to wait until February 2 to get my interview notice" hence the need for the clarification.

Yes, we know about the early filing option which is well covered in this forum :). So you did not receive any interview letter in February, what you got was your GC itself - you wrote " had to wait until February 2 to get my interview notice" hence the need for the clarification.
Hope this info will help somebody!

This is why reviewing past timeline spreadsheets to see how one's FOs treated DV cases in the past is highly recommended. It is also the reason we keep asking (encouraging) current applicants to equally fill out the current timeline spreadsheet by the way - it is actually better to do so as the case progresses as against waiting until the end of the process. That information also help fellow applicants have a better insight into what is going on.

Ahh, well there ya go! Had been wondering about this, figured it would be better to input once everything is complete. I have some data to input in that case.

Seems I've woken up to some good VB numbers. Pretty confident now that my case OC14xx is going to come up this year. So, I'm going to kick into gear tonight and get this AOS process started. More questions to come no doubt.

Hi,

My case number is AS5*** and I have prepared all the documents for AOS package and was thinking of early filing. Just a quick question, once I graduated, I was living in my friend's house, and it's been my permanent address in the US for about 6 months now. I have updated the same address to USCIS as well, but my question is I don't have any lease document to prove that I am living over there as I pay him directly through cash. So, will it affect at the time of interview, regarding my address as I won’t have rent history, while going through the AOS process. Any suggestion is appreciated.

Hi,

My case number is AS5*** and I have prepared all the documents for AOS package and was thinking of early filing. Just a quick question, once I graduated, I was living in my friend's house, and it's been my permanent address in the US for about 6 months now. I have updated the same address to USCIS as well, but my question is I don't have any lease document to prove that I am living over there as I pay him directly through cash. So, will it affect at the time of interview, regarding my address as I won’t have rent history, while going through the AOS process. Any suggestion is appreciated.
There's no requirement to present a rent history for DV based AOS applications. So that is not a problem.

Hi, my case# is ASXXX10XXX but it's for one of two countries exceptions which are not current yet but the ASIA region is already current for 17000. I live in the US. Can I start the AOS process or do I have to wait till my country quota gets current and then start filing the AOS?

Hi, my case number is EU24XXX. I have filled out DS-260 where I applied for the consular process (doing the interview in my home country, which is Finland), also sent the documents and got an email from KCC in October 2021 that they received my documents. But I live in the US (under lawful status (F1 visa) that is going to expire at the end of October 2022). I am wondering if I could do an Adjustment of status instead of traveling to Finland for the interview and waiting for my turn? The visa bulletin numbers for diversity visas got increased a lot this month which means that there might be many people waiting for an interview in Europe. Right? I am curious if I could change from the consular process to the adjustment of status, and does that make any sense in my case? Am I late in sending some documents for AoS? Does it make sense to start the Adjustment of Status process at this point? What are the typical timelines with AoS? Thank you for hosting this forum, it's very helpful.

Hi, my case# is ASXXX10XXX but it's for one of two countries exceptions which are not current yet but the ASIA region is already current for 17000. I live in the US. Can I start the AOS process or do I have to wait till my country quota gets current and then start filing the AOS?
AOS package can and should only be sent in after your CN is listed as being current in the VB. If you are chargeable to one of the exception countries, that means you are not yet eligible to send in your AOS package.

Hi, my case number is EU24XXX. I have filled out DS-260 where I applied for the consular process (doing the interview in my home country, which is Finland), also sent the documents and got an email from KCC in October 2021 that they received my documents. But I live in the US (under lawful status (F1 visa) that is going to expire at the end of October 2022). I am wondering if I could do an Adjustment of status instead of traveling to Finland for the interview and waiting for my turn? The visa bulletin numbers for diversity visas got increased a lot this month which means that there might be many people waiting for an interview in Europe. Right? I am curious if I could change from the consular process to the adjustment of status, and does that make any sense in my case? Am I late in sending some documents for AoS? Does it make sense to start the Adjustment of Status process at this point? What are the typical timelines with AoS? Thank you for hosting this forum, it's very helpful.
1. Yes, you can switch over to AOS if you like.
2. It is not too late to start the AOS process at this point - take a look at the AOS Process Spreadsheet to ensure you understand the steps involved and what you need to do (there are several tabs on the spreadsheet, I encourage you to spend some quality time going over each one).
3. The timeline could be anywhere between 2 to 5 months or more (from when the AOS package gets submitted). There are several factors at play with regards to when the process might be completed - I posted about it here yesterday.

I'm preparing to submit my adjustment of status fee and have two questions:
1. Is it ok to provide an address on the self addressed envelope and on the Word document that I plan to enclose (with DV number, name, address etc.) that is different to the address where I currently reside?
2. Is it possible to include a self-addressed envelope with tracking so I can track where the DV Payment Receipt is, once posted? Not sure if there are any rules around this e.g. would need to be USPS tracking? If anyone has tips on how to do this it would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

I'm preparing to submit my adjustment of status fee and have two questions:
1. Is it ok to provide an address on the self addressed envelope and on the Word document that I plan to enclose (with DV number, name, address etc.) that is different to the address where I currently reside?
2. Is it possible to include a self-addressed envelope with tracking so I can track where the DV Payment Receipt is, once posted? Not sure if there are any rules around this e.g. would need to be USPS tracking? If anyone has tips on how to do this it would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
1. Yes.
2. Yes. Doesn’t have to be USPS tracking. Could be courier (UPS, FedEX, etc.) if you like.

1. Yes.
2. Yes. Doesn’t have to be USPS tracking. Could be courier (UPS, FedEX, etc.) if you like.
Sm1smom, I apologize as my original question was not worded clearly. I am preparing to pay my DV administrative fee ($330) to the DOS. Do your answers to the questions below change given that this relates to the DV admin fee?

2. Is it possible to include a self-addressed envelope with tracking so I can track where the DV administrative payment receipt is, once posted? Not sure if there are any rules around this e.g. would need to be USPS tracking?

Sm1smom, I apologize as my original question was not worded clearly. I am preparing to pay my DV administrative fee ($330) to the DOS. Do your answers to the questions below change given that this relates to the DV admin fee?

2. Is it possible to include a self-addressed envelope with tracking so I can track where the DV administrative payment receipt is, once posted? Not sure if there are any rules around this e.g. would need to be USPS tracking?
Yeah, I did understand the questions were related to the DV Administrative fee payment. Answers remain the same.