• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Only

I found this from USCIS, medical can be done earlier than 60 days, right?

"ALERT: Effective December 9, 2021, USCIS is temporarily waiving the requirement that the civil surgeon sign the Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record (Form I-693) no more than 60 days before the date the applicant files an Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status (Form I-485)"

I am about to send my AOS package but my wife has decided not to apply with me to the GC and maintain her visa. I have already paid the DV admin fee for both of us. Can the fact that I have a receipt showing the payment for two applications create issue when processing my AOS?

I found this from USCIS, medical can be done earlier than 60 days, right?

"ALERT: Effective December 9, 2021, USCIS is temporarily waiving the requirement that the civil surgeon sign the Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record (Form I-693) no more than 60 days before the date the applicant files an Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status (Form I-485)"

Yes, it was previously discussed on this thread. Do you have any question about the update?

I am about to send my AOS package but my wife has decided not to apply with me to the GC and maintain her visa. I have already paid the DV admin fee for both of us. Can the fact that I have a receipt showing the payment for two applications create issue when processing my AOS?
No issue.

On a side note, I hope your wife's current status is independent of yours (or you were a derivative of hers) in which case she can remain in that status after you become a LPR since she does not want to apply for a GC as your derivative.

Hi, I'm not sure whether this answer has been answered before- a link to the discussion will be appreciated.
I am currently an F1 student with no employment history, therefore don't have an SSN, ITIN, or tax documents. I would like to know whether a recent bank statement (along with payment records such as rent) is enough to showcase the unlikeliness to become a public charge as both of my parents (sponsors) are not U.S citizens or green cardholders (hence Form I-134 is not applicable). Are there other ways like sponsors' bank statements with notes of financial support or forms that I am able to provide in my AOS package? Thank you in advance.

@Sm1smom yesterdays VB got me thinking. Im AF49*** and was dq in October last year. my family and i have tourist visa, is it possible to travel in the next few months and adjust status, since my case is now current?

Just note that you need to be the main AOS applicant here, AKA the DV winner, not the derivative.

@Sm1smom yesterdays VB got me thinking. Im AF49*** and was dq in October last year. my family and i have tourist visa, is it possible to travel in the next few months and adjust status, since my case is now current?
I mean travel on tourist visa's and once there apply for the change in status?
AOS is intended for people already residing in the US before the decision to file for AOS was made. Entering the US on a non-dual intent NIV with a preconceived intent of filing for AOS is considered a fraudulent attempt at obtaining an immigration benefit, is frowned upon. However, if you declare this preconceived intent of filing AOS at the POE and you are subsequently admitted into the US following that declaration, filing for AOS after that will not be considered a fraudulent attempt at obtaining an immigration benefit.

CAVEAT:
The IO, at the time of the AOS can still ask why you decided to enter the US and process AOS even if this intent was disclosed at the POE. You will need to be prepared for this.

DISCLOSURE:
We’ve had previous cases of DV selectees who entered the US on a visitor’s who subsequently successfully processed their selection via AOS without declaring their preconceived AOS intent at the POE.

NOTE:
Should you decide to proceed with entering the US to file for AOS, do make sure you understand the AOS process before doing so. I highly recommend you go through the AOS process spreadsheet to ensure you understand the steps involved.

Hi, I'm not sure whether this answer has been answered before- a link to the discussion will be appreciated.
I am currently an F1 student with no employment history, therefore don't have an SSN, ITIN, or tax documents. I would like to know whether a recent bank statement (along with payment records such as rent) is enough to showcase the unlikeliness to become a public charge as both of my parents (sponsors) are not U.S citizens or green cardholders (hence Form I-134 is not applicable). Are there other ways like sponsors' bank statements with notes of financial support or forms that I am able to provide in my AOS package? Thank you in advance.
The I-134 doesn’t have to be filled by your parents alone. If you know anyone else in the US who meets the requirements and is willing to provide you with one, you can always use that. Making payments such as rent cannot be used to demonstrate one is unlikely to become a public charge. If you have a substantial amount of savings in your account, you can always use recent bank statements alone in that case. You may also just go with sponsors’ bank statements alone if that is all you have, and keep your fingers crossed.

Hello,
I had my interview today and my case was approved it was a really simple interview and very quick. I would like to thank this forum and everybody associated with it. It really helped me from start to finish. I will update my case in the timeline as well. Thank you so much, everyone, and make the best use of this forum. It has everything you need to know. Thank you all. Best of luck to others with your cases.

hello all,

here's my issue: I am in the US with F-1 visa since 2019 (well, I attended classes from my home country due to covid for about a year but it is irelevant). I am preparing my AOS package. the problem is, when returned tax for 2019, apparently i made a mistake and IRS did not get my file. there is no problem for 2020 and I can get the transcript. also, for both years, I was actually supposed to get a refund (due to my status and income I guess), so although not filing is still an inappropriate behavior (I filed but you can interpret the documents as not filing since that's what matters ultimately), it is clear that my intent was not to evade tax etc.

what should I do next? I am thinking of adding IRS official transcript for 2020, and for 2019, I will add what I tried to return including W-2 and forms etc. I also have Glacier report for both years (which is the equivalent of turbotax for nonresidents, to my understanding). Glacier also clearly says I should get refund.