• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Only

Hello everyone :
Does the original passport is needed in any stage of the process, or copy is enough?
My answer to this question is “it depends”. While the general expectation is for one to attend their interview with the original copy of any submitted document, not having the original copy of an expired passport will not be an issue.

One more thing, I tried to edit my address ( we moved recently ) in the DS 260. It seems not possible to edit the application. Is this okay?
You can leave the DS260 as is. Provide current/updated information on the forms in your AOS package.

Yes you can, if the decision to process AOS was made after you came into the US due to changes in your circumstances. You should be prepared to demonstrate to the IO you did not enter the US on your visitor’s visa with the preconceived intent of filing AOS. And you can forget everything you’ve read about the so called “90 day rule” which is non binding or applicable to USCIS

Yes you can, if the decision to process AOS was made after you came into the US due to changes in your circumstances. You should be prepared to demonstrate to the IO you did not enter the US on your visitor’s visa with the preconceived intent of filing AOS. And you can forget everything you’ve read about the so called “90 day rule” which is non binding or applicable to USCIS.
Thank you for your answer!
But I thought that "90 day rule" is mandatory for all the "single intent" visas and non-compliance with this rule automatically presumed to have misrepresented their original intentions?

Hi everyone,

My bio appointment is scheduled for next week but I didn't get the appointment notification through mail. so today I talked to USCIS and got an email copy. When I checked the address I noticed that they have missed the apartment number on the address. I think that's the reason for not receiving the letter. ( I checked my copy of I-485 and I have put down the correct address)

1. How should I correct this. I know there is a tool to update addresses if you have moved (https://uscis.gov/addresschange). but since I haven't actually moved and this is a mistake from their end, what should I do? Can I ask the representative in the ASC to correct the mistake?

2. And does it appear in my USCIS account when the interview is scheduled or can I get that information through Emma? (I wasn't sure about this since the interviews are scheduled by FO)

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Thank you for your answer!
But I thought that "90 day rule" is mandatory for all the "single intent" visas and non-compliance with this rule automatically presumed to have misrepresented their original intentions?
Again as far as USCIS is concerned, there's no such thing as a mandatory 90 day rule for a non dual intent visa. The USCIS Policy Manual which guides case adjudication process used to call out the fact the 90 day rule referenced in 9FAM is not binding on USCIS IOs when adjudicating Inadmissibility. Come July 16, 2021, USCIS went ahead and removed the 90 day rule reference completely (screenshot below) and further clarified on how to rule on inadmissibility

1644432134293.png

Basically while intent is determined at the POE, waiting 90 days prior to filing for AOS after entering the US on a non dual intent NIV does not automatically absolve one of being found of harboring a preconceived intent of filing for AOS prior to or as at the time of being admitted into the US. So waiting 90 days before filing for AOS is not an automatic means for overcoming preconceived AOS intent. The onus will be on you to be able to demonstrate you did not enter the US with this preconceived AOS intent regardless of if you file right away or wait 90 days. If you want to read more on how Inadmissibility is determined, I encourage you to go over Chapter 3 - Adjudicating Inadmissibility of the USCIS Manual earlier referenced.

Hi everyone,

My bio appointment is scheduled for next week but I didn't get the appointment notification through mail. so today I talked to USCIS and got an email copy. When I checked the address I noticed that they have missed the apartment number on the address. I think that's the reason for not receiving the letter. ( I checked my copy of I-485 and I have put down the correct address)

1. How should I correct this. I know there is a tool to update addresses if you have moved (https://uscis.gov/addresschange). but since I haven't actually moved and this is a mistake from their end, what should I do? Can I ask the representative in the ASC to correct the mistake?

2. And does it appear in my USCIS account when the interview is scheduled or can I get that information through Emma? (I wasn't sure about this since the interviews are scheduled by FO)

Thanks in advance!
1. The ASC agents do not update or make changes to an applicant's previously submitted information. You however can call the USCIS number, request to speak with a Tier 2 person and explain the issue you've had to them.
2. Your USCIS account will not show your interview notice (it hasn't in the past). Yes, you can get that info from Emma after the interview gets scheduled.

1. The ASC agents do not update or make changes to an applicant's previously submitted information. You however can call the USCIS number, request to speak with a Tier 2 person and explain the issue you've had to them.
2. Your USCIS account will not show your interview notice (it hasn't in the past). Yes, you can get that info from Emma after the interview gets scheduled.
Thank you very much for the info, @Sm1smom!

Yes, you need the original passport and original of all other documents as well because IO may ask to take a look at this during your interview. Plus when you'll go to your bio appointment, they can use it as your identification document.

I don't think so. The most important information is what you will write in your I-485

P.S. you couldn't edit your DS260 because it is automatically block after you submitted it. To edit DS260 you have to ask KCC to unlock it but IMO it is unnecessary because the most important is I-485.
Thank you for the answers. Really appreciate this.

My answer to this question is “it depends”. While the general expectation is for one to attend their interview with the original copy of any submitted document, not having the original copy of an expired passport will not be an issue.
Thank you, this sounds good.

Hello everyone:
I know this is mentioned in the excel sheet, but I would like to double-check my understanding is correct ( I am not familiar with these terms and procedures). I would like to pay DV lottery fees, so this is what should be sent and included inside the envelope:
1. Cashier's check payable to US D.O.S
2. Adjustment of Status - Fee payment form, filled in.
3. SASE with my mailing address on it.

All of these have to be inside the envelope which has to be addressed to :

U.S. Department of State
Diversity Visa Program
P.O. Box 979079
St. Louis, Missouri 63197-9000

Thank you in advance.

Hello everyone:
I know this is mentioned in the excel sheet, but I would like to double-check my understanding is correct ( I am not familiar with these terms and procedures). I would like to pay DV lottery fees, so this is what should be sent and included inside the envelope:

U.S. Department of State
Diversity Visa Program
P.O. Box 979079

Thank you in advance.
Dont forget to send it on a self-addressed stamped envelope.

I do not understand. Does a self-addressed stamped envelope must be inside the envelope that contains the check and the information filled in . ??

Correct, it is an envelope inside the envelope, the following links should work as reference

Hello everyone:

U.S. Department of State
Diversity Visa Program
P.O. Box 979079

Thank you in advance.
You should also make sure the check is payable to: U.S. Department of State (instead of US D.O.S. or U.S. Department of State Diversity Visa Program). If I remember correctly, some people ran into issues because of that a while ago

Hello everyone:

U.S. Department of State
Diversity Visa Program
P.O. Box 979079

Thank you in advance.
1) YES
2) it is not Adjustment of Status payment fee!!! It is DV lottery fees (330 USD)
3)SASE

I wasn't able to get a hold of a tier 2 agent and they keep giving me the change of address link. Also, I noticed that the address on my notice of acceptance has the right address. (with the apartment number). So this might be a one-time error and I decided to inquire once every week whether the interview has been scheduled or not.
I think that's the best way as they kept refusing to connect me with the tier 2 agent.

Correct, it is an envelope inside the envelope, the following links should work as reference

Thank you very much, this is helpful.