• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Only

I'm a DV 22 winner, my case no. below 2000 and already current, me and my family staying in the middle east. my self I do possess a valid business/tourist US visa. and I have visited the states several times in the past.
my question can I simply jump on the plane and enter the states and apply for AOS since no interview is available in my country.
hopfuly my question is not silly.
1. CN on it's own does not mean anything without the region.
2. Not silly, but you can't. You can't apply for AOS while entered US with an immigration intent.

1. CN on it's own does not mean anything without the region.
2. Not silly, but you can't. You can't apply for AOS while entered US with an immigration intent.
Just out of curiosity, how does IO determine whether someone entered the US with an immigration intent?

Just out of curiosity, how does IO determine whether someone entered the US with an immigration intent?
I am not an expert but as far as I know it is important to be already in the US when you learn that you won a lottery. So basically a person has a serious reason why he/she is doing AOS inside of the country and can't just have an interview in his/her home country because of work or maybe student status here. IMO if someone came here as a tourist and decided to apply in the US, there is very logical question "why are you applying here if you can go back and wait for the interview in your embassy" and this question leads to the idea that someone came with an immigration intent. Especially because in the order to process with AOS, applicant should prepare some important documents like HS diploma or BC which personally I do not care with me when I travel somewhere as a tourist.

However if you take a look at the 2021 thread you can see that there was an applicant who applied with tourist status and successfully got a GC in the end of the fiscal year. But also that person had some issues after the interview if I remember it right. Do not want to make any confusion here because when I was reading it, I didn't memorize details, so maybe Mom or any other member from last year can correct me and give you more specific details about that case

Sorry in advance for the silly question: I got today back my DV fee payment and it is a simple stamp saying ""Paid" with the date on the letter I attached to my payment that included my name , dv case # and all other details.
My question is: is it normal that the receipt does not have any KCC logo, reference number of the payment or any other details? I was expecting something more formal not only a "PAID" stamp and I just want to make sure this is the real receipt.
Thanks!!

Sorry in advance for the silly question: I got today back my DV fee payment and it is a simple stamp saying ""Paid" with the date on the letter I attached to my payment that included my name , dv case # and all other details.
My question is: is it normal that the receipt does not have any KCC logo, reference number of the payment or any other details? I was expecting something more formal not only a "PAID" stamp and I just want to make sure this is the real receipt.
Thanks!!
Yes, that’s it!

1. DS260 is not required for AOS, but it is recommended. You can decide on if you wish to submit it or not. If you do decide to submit, I’ll caution against doing so now for someone with a high CN as it demonstrates an immigrant intent which may be difficult to overcome should you need to apply for a new NIV in the future.
2. Take a look at the past DV timelines (links to those are on the AOS process spreadsheet) to get an idea of the potential timeline for your applicable FO. Also bear in mind individual timeline may differ depending on individual circumstances.
3. Failure to get approved by the end of the FY does not hinder non immigrant status maintenance if you’ve not used an AOS based EAD or AP card while waiting on AOS approval. It however may prevent you from being issued with a NIV in the future like I explained in 1 above.
4. No impact on AOS filing in this case especially if you already submitted your DS260 and already indicated you’ll be filing AOS prior to traveling. And you can file as soon as you return, as a matter of fact. But bear in mind, admission or re-admission to the US is only guaranteed for a USC, CBP has the discretion on admitting people into the US. So unless the trip is urgent, if it is close to when you’re likely to file, I’ll recommend against making the trip.
@Sm1smom , is there any difference where to travel? I mean if I would like to visit Canada, and my F1 visa is valid, is it still not guaranteed to get re-admission again into the US? ( remember Canada is not my homeland )

Hi All,

I just got back from my biometrics appointment, had a question.

I noticed as I was scanning my fingerprints, in the software there was a yellow warning message for few of my fingers that the scans are not of sufficient quality (something like that). When I asked the lady that was scanning my fingers if this is an issue, she just shrugged her shoulders and said its up to the FBI. I asked should we re-do them right now and she said no no. She was not helpful much and her English was very bad (the irony).

Just wanted to ask here on the forum if anyone had similar situation happen to them, and have they had to re-do the whole biometrics or they cleared the background check?

Thanks!

@Sm1smom , is there any difference where to travel? I mean if I would like to visit Canada, and my F1 visa is valid, is it still not guaranteed to get re-admission again into the US? ( remember Canada is not my homeland )
It doesn't matter whether the trip is to Canada or Mexico (US's next door neighbors) - it is a trip outside of the US borders regardless of if it is to your home country or not. The admission/re-admission is still at the discretion of CBP.

Hi All,

I just got back from my biometrics appointment, had a question.

I noticed as I was scanning my fingerprints, in the software there was a yellow warning message for few of my fingers that the scans are not of sufficient quality (something like that). When I asked the lady that was scanning my fingers if this is an issue, she just shrugged her shoulders and said its up to the FBI. I asked should we re-do them right now and she said no no. She was not helpful much and her English was very bad (the irony).

Just wanted to ask here on the forum if anyone had similar situation happen to them, and have they had to re-do the whole biometrics or they cleared the background check?

Thanks!
Similar experience have been reported in the past, don't sweat it. You will be contacted and provided with further instructions if your prints turn out to be unreadable.

Hello all,

I have been waiting for my DV $330 receipt since the money order was cashed on 12/26.
So, I just sent an Email yesterday to request a copy for my receipt.
My full name, case number, date of birth, and the photos of the money order are all included.
However, I just got a response today with no copy included.
Do I need to send a new Email to get the copy or just wait?
Thanks.
1643747040223.png

Hello all,

I have been waiting for my DV $330 receipt since the money order was cashed on 12/26.
So, I just sent an Email yesterday to request a copy for my receipt.
My full name, case number, date of birth, and the photos of the money order are all included.
However, I just got a response today with no copy included.
Do I need to send a new Email to get the copy or just wait?
Thanks.
View attachment 3294
Maybe give it another week to show up and if it doesn't then you send them a new email request.

Hi everyone - thanks in advance for everyone's contributions so far, this forum is super helpful.

I won the DV2022 lottery and am currently residing in the states on an E-3. I've been in the U.S. since 2020 (with a brief 5 week holiday over Christmas). In light of COVID and the difficulties with consulate renewals, my employer and I submitted an in-country E-3 extension earlier this month. My employer is currently relying on the 240 day post-filing authorization for my legal status.

Initially my employer opted not to pay for premium processing, however I have pushed them to re-file using the premium option. My employer's attorney is waiting for a USCIS receipt notice before doing so (however, despite the USCIS having cashed my check, this also seems to be delayed).

Question: If my E-3 renewal is not wrapped up by the time my number goes current, am I still considered "in status" or do I need to wait for the USCIS to finalize my E-3 extension prior to submitting my AOS file. I have not filed a DS-160 in case that helps.

Apologies if I've missed anything - thanks in advance!

Hi everyone - thanks in advance for everyone's contributions so far, this forum is super helpful.

I won the DV2022 lottery and am currently residing in the states on an E-3. I've been in the U.S. since 2020 (with a brief 5 week holiday over Christmas). In light of COVID and the difficulties with consulate renewals, my employer and I submitted an in-country E-3 extension earlier this month. My employer is currently relying on the 240 day post-filing authorization for my legal status.

Initially my employer opted not to pay for premium processing, however I have pushed them to re-file using the premium option. My employer's attorney is waiting for a USCIS receipt notice before doing so (however, despite the USCIS having cashed my check, this also seems to be delayed).

Question: If my E-3 renewal is not wrapped up by the time my number goes current, am I still considered "in status" or do I need to wait for the USCIS to finalize my E-3 extension prior to submitting my AOS file. I have not filed a DS-160 in case that helps.

Apologies if I've missed anything - thanks in advance!
While you are not accruing an illegal presence with a pending EOS application, you’re technically not in a valid status to AOS from. So you’ll need to wait for the approval before you can send in your AOS package.

Hi everyone,
My interview was supposed to be scheduled for this Friday. But there is a winter snow warning starting today through the weekend so
I got a call from USCIS that my appointment will be rescheduled. Does anyone have any idea how soon they rescheduled the interview in such a scenario?

Hi everyone,
My interview was supposed to be scheduled for this Friday. But there is a winter snow warning starting today through the weekend so
I got a call from USCIS that my appointment will be rescheduled. Does anyone have any idea how soon they rescheduled the interview in such a scenario?
There isn’t a specific time frame. Other people in the past years were rescheduled after weeks. I’m sorry :( but there is still plenty of time before the end of the fiscal year. Good luck!

Hi everyone,
I won the DV 2022 lottery (2022EU5***) and my biometric appointment was on Dec 28,2021. Wondering how long it will take to schedule for interview.
Thanks a lot for everyone's contributions, this forum is super helpful.

Hi everyone,
I won the DV 2022 lottery (2022EU5***) and my biometric appointment was on Dec 28,2021. Wondering how long it will take to schedule for interview.
Hello. It depends on your FO and how busy it is. To have more or less approximate idea you can go to 2021 timeline and see how long it took for last year folks from the same FO

Hi everyone,
As stated above ^^^ by @goodvibes, it all depends on your FO. Take a look at some of the previous timeline spreadsheets to get an idea of how long it took applicants from your FO to get scheduled for their interview. You should also update the 2022 Timeline spreadsheet with your own information by the way. You will all benefit from one another if you update the spreadsheet on an ongoing basis and not wait until the end of the process to do so.

Hi all, Just a quick question about the print paper size.
Should I print my documents in letter-size papers or A4?
Thanks