• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Only

Good afternoon

i have my AOS appt tomorow but unfortunately my test labs results are not ready , so i will go without it , what will happen?

thanks

Personally, I use nothing but the spreadsheet. It is my only resource. I agree it is stated clearly in the spreadsheet. However, the aim of the question is to survey people's experience this year. I mean we can ask them further questions and details about it :)
The timeline spreadsheet already shows when cases become current (CN Current Month) and when packages got sent/received by the Lockbox (Lockbox Delivery Date) - from that it is already easy to determine if some did early filing or not, and so far no one has reported their package being rejected. Of course it is important to note, no report of a rejected package due to early filing, it however does not guarantee any subsequent filing may or will not be rejected.

Also, the Lockbox acceptance does not mean there will be no denial by the IO at the FO with jurisdiction over the application later on - so for instance, the experience of someone with the Manhattan NY FO who did early filing may not necessarily be the same as that of someone with Long Island, NY for instance. This again is why using the timeline spreadsheet makes more sense (IMO) - it enables one to focus on their specific FO in this case as against asking for people's experience in general.

Good afternoon

i have my AOS appt tomorow but unfortunately my test labs results are not ready , so i will go without it , what will happen?

thanks
It means your AOS application will not be adjudicated until after your medical report has been received You'll either be issued with a RFE (asking you to send in the medical report) at the end of your interview or told to wait to receive the RFE in the mail with instructions to send in the medical report.

p.s. can you add your information to the DV 2022 AOS Timeline spreadsheet?

I have the same question. My case will be current in the next visa bulletin update. Can I start early filing now?
Wouldn’t count on it, that’s what I though last month… woke up to see the numbers in my region didn’t bloody move (2nd time it’s happened)!!

Personally, I use nothing but the spreadsheet. It is my only resource. I agree it is stated clearly in the spreadsheet. However, the aim of the question is to survey people's experience this year. Surveying people about this is helpful and does not hurt.

The timeline spreadsheet already shows when cases become current (CN Current Month) and when packages got sent/received by the Lockbox (Lockbox Delivery Date) - from that it is already easy to determine if some did early filing or not, and so far no one has reported their package being rejected. Of course it is important to note, no report of a rejected package due to early filing, it however does not guarantee any subsequent filing may or will not be rejected.

Also, the Lockbox acceptance does not mean there will be no denial by the IO at the FO with jurisdiction over the application later on - so for instance, the experience of someone with the Manhattan NY FO who did early filing may not necessarily be the same as that of someone with Long Island, NY for instance. This again is why using the timeline spreadsheet makes more sense (IMO) - it enables one to focus on their specific FO in this case as against asking for people's experience in general.
Correct, I have just seen this info, and as you said none of them got rejected. Thanks for this :)

Hello folks!

Today my husband and I had a really weird biometrics experience. We both had problems with screening our fingerprints. First they dried our hands with a hair dryer, then washed it with water and alcohol several times and still at the end only the first screen (of 4 fingers together), second screen (of thumb) and maybe one finger of each hand were green while the rest - orange.

I’m really worried. While my husband was told that it’s not going to be a problem, the lady who worked with me said “I hope your paper will not be rejected”, which sounds dreadful.

What does it mean? I wonder if it is a common problem among those who already passed this step and what may we expect in the future? Is it going to be the second appointment in case our fingerprints are not suitable? Our status has changed to “fingerprints were taken”.

Hello folks!

Today my husband and I had a really weird biometrics experience. We both had problems with screening our fingerprints. First they dried our hands with a hair dryer, then washed it with water and alcohol several times and still at the end only the first screen (of 4 fingers together), second screen (of thumb) and maybe one finger of each hand were green while the rest - orange.

I’m really worried. While my husband was told that it’s not going to be a problem, the lady who worked with me said “I hope your paper will not be rejected”, which sounds dreadful.

What does it mean? I wonder if it is a common problem among those who already passed this step and what may we expect in the future? Is it going to be the second appointment in case our fingerprints are not suitable? Our status has changed to “fingerprints were taken”.
It is very common (although the hair dryer part seems innovative!). I personally had too many cracks on my finger tips (courtesy of hand sanitizers), and they had a hard time to get a nice image of my fingerprints. They would certainly let you know what to do if there was an issue. Also, too early in the FY to be worried about this.

Hello folks!

If they're unable to use the currently captured prints 'as is' to run the background checks, you will receive another notice to come in and get the prints captured. If those turn out as non-usable again, you will be required to visit a police station in person to get your prints captured old school style.

I have the same question. My case will be current in the next visa bulletin update. Can I start early filing now?
You cannot send in your AOS package (even for early filing) if your CN does not fall under the listed number (in the Advance Notification section - for early filing) of the VB.

This information is readily available on the DV 2022 Timeline Spreadsheet - why are you folks not utilizing that if I may ask?

And as to if you can do early filing or not, that really is a personal decision each person need to make on their own, no one can provide you with the reassurance you're seeking - plus the FAQ section of the AOS Process Spreadsheet already covers this also.
Yes, the AOS Process Spreadsheet and 2022 Timeline found within the spreadsheet is amazing! It's so detailed and has helped me tremendously!

Hi @Blade_ @Sm1smom

I did send the package in via Priority mail on March 10th. Estimated delivery on March 14th.
It did arrive at the St Louis distribution center Saturday March 12th, 6am.
Since then, no news whatsoever. They are not able to locate it, nor to provide any delivery estimated time.

When I called, after 1 hour wait, the only thing that they said is that perhaps I should have chosen Express mail...

I will wait a few more days, but my problem is to understand what to do next, since I can wait, but not too long.
I was in a similar situation as well - It's very stressful. The good news is that my package (which I sent via Priority Mail) eventually arrived. I submitted a Missing Mail Search Request to track down the package: https://www.usps.com/help/missing-mail.htm. I found USPS to be very helpful once I had submitted the Missing Mail Search Request - they sent me a couple of emails with updates and also called me to let me know when they found my package. I hope that helps, and that your package arrives soon!

I was in a similar situation as well - It's very stressful. The good news is that my package (which I sent via Priority Mail) eventually arrived. I submitted a Missing Mail Search Request to track down the package: https://www.usps.com/help/missing-mail.htm. I found USPS to be very helpful once I had submitted the Missing Mail Search Request - they sent me a couple of emails with updates and also called me to let me know when they found my package. I hope that helps, and that your package arrives soon!
The package reappeared in the system
Currently in the network distribution center in Kansas City...
Doing what, I am not sure...
I keep my fingers crossed

You should answer YES to both questions. Provide explanation of what they were about in Part 14 of the form. You will also need to get the court disposition record for the first offense since you had a court hearing.
Hello @Sm1smom,

a question about minor driving violations.
During 2009, I've got 2 speeding tickets, when I was living in another state (Texas). No arrest. The officer, in both cases, handled to me the ticket.
I then moved to Pennsylvania in 2015.
In one case I've got to take a defensive driving course. In another one, a probation, so to do not have it on record and avoid impact on the insurance policy.

So I am trying to obtain the driving history, but I believe that Texas DOT sends the history for the last three years only.
Do you know a practical way to obtain them?
Even recollecting the issuing court (for probation) could be a challenge for me.

What info shall I collect, exactly?

Thank you

Last edited:
I have a question regarding income tax filling.
I came here in August 2017. I filed tax for 2017 (1040NR form) through "glacier tax prep" ( University suggest me this website).
I filled taxes for 2018, 2019, 2020 (1040 form) through the "freetaxUSA" website. Also, every year, I filled tax as a single. Because I thought my husband did not have USA income.
1) Nowadays, I am planning to file income tax for 2021. So, I am concerned about our AOS process. Please advise me, which method should I use for this year? ( glacier tax prep or freetaxUSA)
2)And also, should I fill as single or married even husband does not have any income here?

Question :

I am filing I 693 for my child under 14. Do I need to fill in the "preparer and interpreter" parts?
Parents and legal guardians are allowed to fill and sign forms on behalf of their minors, so you don’t need to. But you may if you prefer.

Hello @Sm1smom,

a question about minor driving violations.
During 2009, I've got 2 speeding tickets, when I was living in another state (Texas). No arrest. The officer, in both cases, handled to me the ticket.
I then moved to Pennsylvania in 2015.
In one case I've got to take a defensive driving course. In another one, a probation, so to do not have it on record and avoid impact on the insurance policy.

So I am trying to obtain the driving history, but I believe that Texas DOT sends the history for the last three years only.
Do you know a practical way to obtain them?
Even recollecting the issuing court (for probation) could be a challenge for me.

What info shall I collect, exactly?

Thank you
What do you need the driving history for? There’s no requirement to submit that AFAIK. If you had a court appearance for any of those citations, you need to get the court disposition documents. If no court appearance, you just need to explain what you did to address the citations such paid required fines, took online driving classes, took in person defensive driving course, etc. Take a look at one of the sample I-485 I posted earlier on this thread (I can’t recollect the page number at the moment) - I provided an example of how to address a driving citation.

I have a question regarding income tax filling.
I came here in August 2017. I filed tax for 2017 (1040NR form) through "glacier tax prep" ( University suggest me this website).
I filled taxes for 2018, 2019, 2020 (1040 form) through the "freetaxUSA" website. Also, every year, I filled tax as a single. Because I thought my husband did not have USA income.
1) Nowadays, I am planning to file income tax for 2021. So, I am concerned about our AOS process. Please advise me, which method should I use for this year? ( glacier tax prep or freetaxUSA)
2)And also, should I fill as single or married even husband does not have any income here?
1. The AOS process does not care which method you use in filing your taxes, it only cares you're filing your taxes as required.
2. If you're married, you should be filing as married, regardless of if your spouse has an income to declare or not. That means you also need to amend your past taxes which you filed as single while married.

1. The AOS process does not care which method you use in filing your taxes, it only cares you're filing your taxes as required.
2. If you're married, you should be filing as married, regardless of if your spouse has an income to declare or not. That means you also need to amend your past taxes which you filed as single while married.
Thank you so much.
We will plan to submit our AOS documents in early April. If I will do amend our past taxes, Is it negatively impacting our AOS process?