• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Only

Hi Everyone,

I decided not to fill DS260.
I have sent the DV fee of $660.00 for me and my spouse with a USPS money order along with SASE.
I have checked the money order status that says it has been cashed. Have not received the receipt yet.
However, I received the attached email. My questions are the following.
1). Based on my observations, this must be the AOS 2nl. Is this correct?
2). This letter asks to make the DV fee to DOS. I think, as I have already made the payment and it should have been processed as it has triggered this letter, I should ignore it and wait until I get the receipt. Is this correct?

Thank you very much for your help.

View attachment 3364
I did send two money orders, but only one of them has been cashed.
I received the same email as you did on 9th March.
Does that mean my fee is being proceeded, even one of the money orders has not been cashed?

Thanks so much. I appreciate all your help.
Not sure about it i found a lady at the civil surgeon place who told me that she was redoing the exams because they expired at the moment of the appointment evwrything went good but the exams i would do it again and take a fresh one .

Not sure about it i found a lady at the civil surgeon place who told me that she was redoing the exams because they expired at the moment of the appointment evwrything went good but the exams i would do it again and take a fresh one .
Well, her medical exam expired? How long had her interview been pending for? Details and substantial facts matter to ensure we’re not needlessly causing people to panic. Medical exams are currently valid for two years from the date the CS signs the medical report until Oct. 30th, 2022 based on the current information available on USCSI’s website:

“Effective December 9, 2021, USCIS is temporarily waiving the requirement that the civil surgeon sign the Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record (Form I-693) no more than 60 days before the date the applicant files an Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status (Form I-485). It is still in the best interest of applicants to undergo the immigration medical examination close to the time of filing the Form I-485, as the Form I-693 only retains its evidentiary value for 2 years from the date of the civil surgeon’s signature. After the 2-year timeframe, the applicant would need to submit a new Form I-693 if USCIS has not adjudicated the Form I-485. This temporary waiver is effective until September 30, 2022”

Well, her medical exam expired? How long had her interview been pending for? Details and substantial facts matter to ensure we’re not needlessly causing people to panic. Medical exams are currently valid for two years from the date the CS signs the medical report until Oct. 30th, 2022 based on the current information available on USCSI’s website:

“Effective December 9, 2021, USCIS is temporarily waiving the requirement that the civil surgeon sign the Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record (Form I-693) no more than 60 days before the date the applicant files an Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status (Form I-485). It is still in the best interest of applicants to undergo the immigration medical examination close to the time of filing the Form I-485, as the Form I-693 only retains its evidentiary value for 2 years from the date of the civil surgeon’s signature. After the 2-year timeframe, the applicant would need to submit a new Form I-693 if USCIS has not adjudicated the Form I-485. This temporary waiver is effective until September 30, 2022”
that was what i told her but... houston

Here is their response, I uploaded the bank proof which showed they cashed the money, and also a picture of my cashier's check which shows I addressed everything as required. Should I go ahead and send the money again?
Did you receive the receipt?

Hello @Sm1smom ,

I have a few of question pertaining my I-485 form.

My previous E1 Visa expired on February 2020 and I was working as seconded in the US in the US office of a foreign owned company (European)
The US company/entity is the sponsor of both the previous and current Visa
On February 2020 I left the US to renew my E1 Visa in my own country
Because of Covid I got stuck there and I was able to renew my Visa at the end of August.
I returned back to the US on September 2020 and resumed into the US office

1) Does this 6 months (Feb 2020 to Aug 2020) void in the Visa constitute an out of status?
2) Pertaining my employment history, shall I include the 6 months into the working history at the US company?
3) Or, on the other hand shall I put the 6 months under my European company?
4) As far as it goes for the living place, shall I show a discontinuity and insert the place were I stayed while abroad for those 6 months?

Thank you very much

Hello @Sm1smom ,

I have a few of question pertaining my I-485 form.

My previous E1 Visa expired on February 2020 and I was working as seconded in the US in the US office of a foreign owned company (European)
The US company/entity is the sponsor of both the previous and current Visa
On February 2020 I left the US to renew my E1 Visa in my own country
Because of Covid I got stuck there and I was able to renew my Visa at the end of August.
I returned back to the US on September 2020 and resumed into the US office

1) Does this 6 months (Feb 2020 to Aug 2020) void in the Visa constitute an out of status?
2) Pertaining my employment history, shall I include the 6 months into the working history at the US company?
3) Or, on the other hand shall I put the 6 months under my European company?
4) As far as it goes for the living place, shall I show a discontinuity and insert the place were I stayed while abroad for those 6 months?

Thank you very much
1. You’re overthinking things. You can’t be out of status if you’re not in the country.
2, 3, 4. Please use your discretion.

USPS does not forward USCIS correspondence.
Oh...
Because of this I want to ask you for an advice, because I'm not aware about all details of how USPS and USCIS mail work together.

Our interview is scheduled on March 23.
The problem that we are moving on March 28 (landlord decided to sell the house we're renting now).
Our plan is to inform USCIS about new address as soon as we get keys for the new place. But if we assume that our GC is approved, but not sent by that time, will it be enough to be sure that it'll be delivered correctly?
If not, what it the best way of action?

Thank you!

Oh...
Because of this I want to ask you for an advice, because I'm not aware about all details of how USPS and USCIS mail work together.

The problem that we are moving on March 28 (landlord decided to sell the house we're renting now).
Our plan is to inform USCIS about new address as soon as we get keys for the new place. But if we assume that our GC is approved, but not sent by that time, will it be enough to be sure that it'll be delivered correctly?

Thank you!
maybe you can use the mail forwarding service by USPS when you change address with USPS. But anyway you should let USCIS about your new address within 10 days of moving.

Hello,
I have a question so, I graduated in 2019 and applied for my OPT. I worked for about a year and then got back into school. I have my EAD card but it is already expired so I am wondering do I have to still write my A number in the i-485 form?

maybe you can use the mail forwarding service by USPS when you change address with USPS. But anyway you should let USCIS about your new address within 10 days of moving.
We'll notify USCIS as soon as we get keys from the new place.
Our move is almost right after the interview and I worry that the cards will be sent to the old address. If USPS doesn't forward main from USCIS, we may not receive them.

Oh...

Thank you!
I'm assuming you will already have confirmation of the new place you will be moving to as at when you attend your interview (even if you haven't moved by then), in which case you can provide the new address to your IO and request they update your file with it to ensure your GC, when it gets issued, gets sent to your new address.

Again, USPS does not forward USCIS mail, especially the GC mail (they are prohibited from doing so) regardless of if one has a mail forwarding service set up or not.

Hello,
I have a question so, I graduated in 2019 and applied for my OPT. I worked for about a year and then got back into school. I have my EAD card but it is already expired so I am wondering do I have to still write my A number in the i-485 form?
The non-immigrant A# is issued for life, regardless of if the benefit associated with it as expired or not, so listing it is recommended. And yes, you will get issued with a new immigrant A# which will also be for life.

I'm assuming you will already have confirmation of the new place you will be moving to as at when you attend your interview (even if you haven't moved by then), in which case you can provide the new address to your IO and request they update your file with it to ensure your GC, when it gets issued, gets sent to your new address.
Will do it. Thank you!

Hello and thanks to the moderators for all the useful information shared in this forum. I have been selected for DV2022. My number is high but will be current in April 2022. I submitted the DS 260 choosing the consular route. However, mostly due to recent events in Europe, I am considering to change to AOS route. I am currently living in the US and I have already an open/pending AOS process that I started around two years ago via NIW. I already have an EAD plus the advanced parole. Actually, last time I entered in the US was using this AP. As my previous visa was not dual intent, my legal status is based on that EAD / AP. Based on that, I have two doubts that I could not see in the previous posts (sorry if they were already there)
  1. Would I be eligible for the AoS route? My doubt is because of the AP and been my visa not dual intent.
  2. Assuming the answer to 1 is yes, if for some reason the AoS for DV is denied, or not processed on time, would the previous AoS process be denied/withdrawn too? Or are basically treated independently and one process does not affect the other?
Again, many thanks in advance for your help.

Hello everyone,

I did send my Money Order for 330$ to the Dept of State, but I believe that the envelope has gone completely missing, since USPS looks unable to trace it.

What do you suggest?
1) Shall I send another money order, nulling the previous one?
2) Or is there a way to communicate to the Dept of State to do not cash the previous one, in case it will arrive at a later time?
3) Or perhaps send the new one with a letter in attachment, explaining that the previous shipment has gone missing

Any suggestion?

Thank you