• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Only

Hello everyone,

I did send my Money Order for 330$ to the Dept of State, but I believe that the envelope has gone completely missing, since USPS looks unable to trace it.

What do you suggest?
1) Shall I send another money order, nulling the previous one?
2) Or is there a way to communicate to the Dept of State to do not cash the previous one, in case it will arrive at a later time?
3) Or perhaps send the new one with a letter in attachment, explaining that the previous shipment has gone missing

Any suggestion?

Thank you
When did you send it? And also did you include SASE?

Hello everyone,

I did send my Money Order for 330$ to the Dept of State, but I believe that the envelope has gone completely missing, since USPS looks unable to trace it.

What do you suggest?
1) Shall I send another money order, nulling the previous one?
2) Or is there a way to communicate to the Dept of State to do not cash the previous one, in case it will arrive at a later time?
3) Or perhaps send the new one with a letter in attachment, explaining that the previous shipment has gone missing

Any suggestion?

Thank you

Yes I did

USPS is currently unable to trace the entire thing
So right now i have no idea where my money order is
@Blade_ asked "when did you send it" which you didn't answer. Nonetheless, considering you were asking about using first class mail option last week Wednesday, 3/9/2022 to be precise, my guess is it's been less than a week since you sent in the payment. That being the case, my suggestion is for you to just be patient for now - you will need a lot of that while going through the AOS process. USPS is currently messed up, the tracking system is quite unreliable IMO.

If you go through this thread, you will come across a couple of other posts where people claimed USPS lost their mail (because they couldn't track it in the system, just like you) and they were panicking. The sad part of this is people never return to inform the forum when the issue eventually gets resolved (with the mail being delivered).

Hello and thanks to the moderators for all the useful information shared in this forum. I have been selected for DV2022. My number is high but will be current in April 2022. I submitted the DS 260 choosing the consular route. However, mostly due to recent events in Europe, I am considering to change to AOS route. I am currently living in the US and I have already an open/pending AOS process that I started around two years ago via NIW. I already have an EAD plus the advanced parole. Actually, last time I entered in the US was using this AP. As my previous visa was not dual intent, my legal status is based on that EAD / AP. Based on that, I have two doubts that I could not see in the previous posts (sorry if they were already there)
  1. Would I be eligible for the AoS route? My doubt is because of the AP and been my visa not dual intent.
  2. Assuming the answer to 1 is yes, if for some reason the AoS for DV is denied, or not processed on time, would the previous AoS process be denied/withdrawn too? Or are basically treated independently and one process does not affect the other?
Again, many thanks in advance for your help.
1. There's a bit of a grey area around this. My take however is you may be eligible to AOS per INA 245(a) Adjustment of Status Eligibility referenced in USCIS Policy Manual, if you are either Inspected and admitted or Inspected and paroled into the United States, (and or course you meet the other eligibility requirements), you are eligible to file for AOS. You can read up more on this from the USCIS Policy Manual..

2. The two applications will be treated differently. If the DV based AOS application gets denied or is not adjudicated before the end of the FY, it will not impact the other pending AOS application. If the DV based AOS application gets approved first, the previous AOS application will be technically denied eventually (unless you proactively withdraw it following the DV based AOS application approval).

Thanks for que quick an detailed response. After reading the info you posted, I think I concur with your view. Good to know the second point and that the processes are independent. Thanks again

Hello everyone, I am currently on F-1 OPT and I have been accepted into a graduate school. The program is asking me to fill out an F-1 Visa Transfer Form. Is it okay to have my F-1 VISA transferred while pending AOS?

Thanks in advance!

@Blade_ asked "when did you send it" which you didn't answer. Nonetheless, considering you were asking about using first class mail option last week Wednesday, 3/9/2022 to be precise, my guess is it's been less than a week since you sent in the payment. That being the case, my suggestion is for you to just be patient for now - you will need a lot of that while going through the AOS process. USPS is currently messed up, the tracking system is quite unreliable IMO.

If you go through this thread, you will come across a couple of other posts where people claimed USPS lost their mail (because they couldn't track it in the system, just like you) and they were panicking. The sad part of this is people never return to inform the forum when the issue eventually gets resolved (with the mail being delivered).
Hi @Blade_ @Sm1smom

I did send the package in via Priority mail on March 10th. Estimated delivery on March 14th.
It did arrive at the St Louis distribution center Saturday March 12th, 6am.
Since then, no news whatsoever. They are not able to locate it, nor to provide any delivery estimated time.

When I called, after 1 hour wait, the only thing that they said is that perhaps I should have chosen Express mail...

I will wait a few more days, but my problem is to understand what to do next, since I can wait, but not too long.

Hello everyone, I am currently on F-1 OPT and I have been accepted into a graduate school. The program is asking me to fill out an F-1 Visa Transfer Form. Is it okay to have my F-1 VISA transferred while pending AOS?

Thanks in advance!
Doing so should not negatively impact your pending AOS application (I’m assuming you’ve already sent in your AOS package).

Hi @Blade_ @Sm1smom

I did send the package in via Priority mail on March 10th. Estimated delivery on March 14th.
Since then, no news whatsoever. They are not able to locate it, nor to provide any delivery estimated time.

When I called, after 1 hour wait, the only thing that they said is that perhaps I should have chosen Express mail...

I will wait a few more days, but my problem is to understand what to do next, since I can wait, but not too long.
That sometimes happens with post. I had the same experience when I ordered a copy of my BC. It was in "limbo" for a few weeks and no one was able to track it beyond some airport in Sydney. I ordered a new one after three weeks and I received both envelopes only three days apart. Although, I'm not sure if the issue was from Australia Post or USPS. Nonetheless, I bet you will here from them very soon and in case they actually have lost your mail, I understand that you can report the money order as lost after 60 days or so (you need to ask USPS for exact process).

Hi,

I received a speeding ticket and a point. So, I went to court and pled guilty to get rid of the point and paid the fine. I also got a warning for another traffic violation. Do I have to answer yes for question 25 and 27 and provide evidence for my traffic violations.

Many thanks for your kind help.

Hi @Blade_ @Sm1smom

I was exactly in your shoes. Below are my timelines based on the SMS updates I get.

Feb 17 : Send in Well Fargo Money Order through USPS (Priority) with ETA Feb 21
Feb 20 : received USPS notice that it will arrive late with new ETA Feb 23
Feb 21: receive USPS notice that new ETA is Feb 24
Feb 22-25 : no update
Feb 26: receive update that arrived at ST Louis Distribution Center
Feb 27-Mar 2 : daily update that it will arrive late without ETA
Mar 3 : Receive update that it is out for delivery from ST Louis Distribution Center
Mar 4-6 : no updates
Mar 7 : Suddenly receive notification that delivered successfully
Mar 11: Called Wells Fargo and confirmed Money Order has been cashed.

Of course during the course of waiting period, I was starting to get nervous and almost wanted to send in another cheque. But I just continue to wait. Now I am just waiting for the DV Fee to come into my mailbox.

In summary , like what everyone else mention, just wait and be patient

I was exactly in your shoes. Below are my timelines based on the SMS updates I get.

Feb 17 : Send in Well Fargo Money Order through USPS (Priority) with ETA Feb 21
Feb 20 : received USPS notice that it will arrive late with new ETA Feb 23
Feb 21: receive USPS notice that new ETA is Feb 24
Feb 22-25 : no update
Feb 26: receive update that arrived at ST Louis Distribution Center
Feb 27-Mar 2 : daily update that it will arrive late without ETA
Mar 3 : Receive update that it is out for delivery from ST Louis Distribution Center
Mar 4-6 : no updates
Mar 7 : Suddenly receive notification that delivered successfully
Mar 11: Called Wells Fargo and confirmed Money Order has been cashed.

Of course during the course of waiting period, I was starting to get nervous and almost wanted to send in another cheque. But I just continue to wait. Now I am just waiting for the DV Fee to come into my mailbox.

In summary , like what everyone else mention, just wait and be patient

Here is my timelines

Feb 16/2022— DV Fee Shipped
Feb 22/2022— DV Fee Delivered
Mar 9/2022 — 2NL Received
Mar 15/2022— DV Receipt Mailed

Just be patient....

Hello everyone,
A civil surgeon has signed and sealed my Form I-693 in mid-January and I plan to file my I-485 package on May 1st. Since the requirement that Form I-693 must be signed no more than 60 days has been temporarily waived, I think the signature should be still valid. However, the expiration date on the current form is 03/31/2022. I'd like to ask if this already signed form will be still valid to be filed on May 1st. Thank you!

Hi,

I received a speeding ticket and a point. So, I went to court and pled guilty to get rid of the point and paid the fine. I also got a warning for another traffic violation. Do I have to answer yes for question 25 and 27 and provide evidence for my traffic violations.

Many thanks for your kind help.
You should answer YES to both questions. Provide explanation of what they were about in Part 14 of the form. You will also need to get the court disposition record for the first offense since you had a court hearing.

Hello everyone,
A civil surgeon has signed and sealed my Form I-693 in mid-January and I plan to file my I-485 package on May 1st. Since the requirement that Form I-693 must be signed no more than 60 days has been temporarily waived, I think the signature should be still valid. However, the expiration date on the current form is 03/31/2022. I'd like to ask if this already signed form will be still valid to be filed on May 1st. Thank you!
The form is valid if the Edition Date listed on it is 09/13/21 regardless of the expiration date on it. USCIS uses the "Edition Date" on the form in determining it's validity and not the expiration date.

Edition Date
09/13/21. Medical examinations signed by the civil surgeon Oct. 1, 2021, or later must use the 09/13/21 edition. We will continue to accept prior editions for medical examinations signed by the civil surgeon before Oct. 1, 2021. You can find the edition date at the bottom of the page on the form and instructions.
Form I-693_Form Details_Edition Date

Hello everyone:
Anyone here experienced "early filing"? Could you share your experience, please? Is there any chance that your file return back to you?

Hello everyone:
Anyone here experienced "early filing"? Could you share your experience, please? Is there any chance that your file return back to you?
I have the same question. My case will be current in the next visa bulletin update. Can I start early filing now?

Hello everyone:
I have the same question. My case will be current in the next visa bulletin update. Can I start early filing now?

This information is readily available on the DV 2022 Timeline Spreadsheet - why are you folks not utilizing that if I may ask?

And as to if you can do early filing or not, that really is a personal decision each person need to make on their own, no one can provide you with the reassurance you're seeking - plus the FAQ section of the AOS Process Spreadsheet already covers this also.

This information is readily available on the DV 2022 Timeline Spreadsheet - why are you folks not utilizing that if I may ask?

And as to if you can do early filing or not, that really is a personal decision each person need to make on their own, no one can provide you with the reassurance you're seeking - plus the FAQ section of the AOS Process Spreadsheet already covers this also.
Personally, I use nothing but the spreadsheet. It is my only resource. I agree it is stated clearly in the spreadsheet. However, the aim of the question is to survey people's experience this year. I mean we can ask them further questions and details about it :)