• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Only

Hey Sm1smom! Thanks for the post, it was really helpful. I'm currently in the US and was selected in the Diversity visa. I would like to file my I-485 as soon as possible but just paid my DOS fee. Do you think I can just include a copy of the money order in the I-485 filing as proof of payment or do you think I need to wait for the official receipt from the DOS before I file? Also is it possible to file and adjustment of status and through consular processing and go with the quickest option or do you not recommend that? Thanks again for your help!
1. Copy of the money order is not a solid proof of DV payment (money orders can always be bought and canceled). Go through the AOS_FAQ tab of the AOS process for questions and answers regarding filing without the AOS receipt.
2. No, you cannot sit astride both sides of the fence (at the same time). You need to select one option and commit to it, there are certain things that needs to happen at certain times for both process.

p.s. number your questions when you have more than one in a post.

What price range did y'all have to cover for the USCIS Doctor examination? I have a first quote for $442, so curious to see where that stacks up.

Hi
I mailed the adjustment of status fees,1650 for 5 people.
The package was delivered on 22nd February

One of the USPS money orders 1000usd has bee cashed on 28th February.
Another USPS money order, 650 dollars has not been cashed so far.
What should I do?

I did receive the return receipt on 28th Feb.
I mailed my Money Order (Wells Fargo) on Feb 17.
USPS only updated that it has been delivered to PO Box on Mar 7.
No news or update on whether it has been cashed yet or not. I will have to call in Wells Fargo every week to check on the Money Order status.

I do hope to receive my DV receipt by mid April

Hi,

do I need to file my 2021 taxes before sending the I-485? Or, can I send it with previous years' tax dosuments (2019, 2020)?

thanks

I have a question about form I-485.

Question 2. "Are you applying based on the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) section 245(i). Yes/No"

Hello Everyone,
I bought my money order for $1225. What details should I write on the money order? I have seen the example in the USCIC website but wondering if I need to include the DV lottery number? Thanks

Hi Everyone,

I decided not to fill DS260.
I have sent the DV fee of $660.00 for me and my spouse with a USPS money order along with SASE.
I have checked the money order status that says it has been cashed. Have not received the receipt yet.
However, I received the attached email. My questions are the following.
1). Based on my observations, this must be the AOS 2nl. Is this correct?
2). This letter asks to make the DV fee to DOS. I think, as I have already made the payment and it should have been processed as it has triggered this letter, I should ignore it and wait until I get the receipt. Is this correct?

Thank you very much for your help.

Screenshot 2022-03-12 164311.png

I mailed my Money Order (Wells Fargo) on Feb 17.
USPS only updated that it has been delivered to PO Box on Mar 7.
No news or update on whether it has been cashed yet or not. I will have to call in Wells Fargo every week to check on the Money Order status.

I do hope to receive my DV receipt by mid April

I did mail two money orders. One has been cashed already, another one has not been cashed so for.
I do track the uncashed money order status on the daily basis.
The only thing we can do is wait.
I was told that it normally takes 3-4 weeks to receive the receipt.
Hope we can receive the receipts soon.
Good luck.

Hi @Sm1smom ,

I did select CP at the time of DS260 submission, on July 30th.
Unfortunately still yesterday I've received the usual email response "please allow several weeks for processing", so I decided to switch to AOS, since I am in the US.
I did sent the DV fee a few days ago. My questions is

1) How do I notify the KCC to stop processing my DS260 ?
I would like to avoid issues, where the KCC keeps processing the DS260 for CP, while I am pursuing AOS

2) How I can ask KCC to send me the 2NL letter for AOS?

Are there template communication emails that I could use?

I also didn’t include my case number on the cashier’s check but had it on the form. It took a while to get the receipt but the check itself was cashed okay (1 week after delivery). You can probably wait for a while and track online if it was cashed.
Hi
How long did it take to receive the receipt?

Hello Everyone,
I bought my money order for $1225. What details should I write on the money order? I have seen the example in the USCIC website but wondering if I need to include the DV lottery number? Thanks
The DV CN on the money order that goes with the AOS package is irrelevant. But you can include it if you like.

Hi Everyone,

I have sent the DV fee of $660.00 for me and my spouse with a USPS money order along with SASE.
I have checked the money order status that says it has been cashed. Have not received the receipt yet.
2). This letter asks to make the DV fee to DOS. I think, as I have already made the payment and it should have been processed as it has triggered this letter, I should ignore it and wait until I get the receipt. Is this correct?

View attachment 3364
1. Yes.
2. Yes.

Hi @Sm1smom ,

I did select CP at the time of DS260 submission, on July 30th.
Unfortunately still yesterday I've received the usual email response "please allow several weeks for processing", so I decided to switch to AOS, since I am in the US.
I did sent the DV fee a few days ago. My questions is

1) How do I notify the KCC to stop processing my DS260 ?
I would like to avoid issues, where the KCC keeps processing the DS260 for CP, while I am pursuing AOS

2) How I can ask KCC to send me the 2NL letter for AOS?

Are there template communication emails that I could use?
1. Send KCC an email informing them of your decision to switch from CP to AOS.
2. You asked a similar question back in Nov. 2021 and you were provided with this response - please refer to the response. I have no template emails for corresponding with KCC. Follow the instructions provided on your 1NL regarding how to correspond with the KCC.

Hi Everyone,

View attachment 3364
I did the same as you. I only paid the DV fee without filling the DS-260. Yesterday, they sent me the same email/PDF.