• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Only

Today I notified KCC of the intention to go AOS and I've asked to release to me the 2NL letter

Here is the response I've got, but I am not sure how to take it.
Shall I expect the 2NL after the DV fee being collected?

"Thank you for your inquiry.

The adjustment of status fee is a non-refundable diversity visa fee paid directly to the Department of State. This fee is assessed to cover the cost incurred by the Department of State in running the DV Program and is separate from any fees you will need to pay USCIS as part of your adjustment application. You must pay the diversity visa fee for each person; that is a fee for yourself and for each member of your immediate family who plans to adjust status with you in the United States. If you are not approved for your visa or are not granted an interview, this fee cannot be refunded to you under any circumstances.

If you are in the United States, you may be eligible to apply to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) for adjustment of status. The option to adjust status may not be available to all applicants. To determine whether you are eligible to adjust your status you must contact USCIS (https://uscis.gov) to obtain instructions on how to make an appointment with your local USCIS office. When contacting your local USCIS office they may inform you that you will not be eligible to file your adjustment until your case number is current and available for processing. Please refer to the visa bulletin at travel.state.gov to view the current case numbers being processed. This bulletin is updated after the 15th day of each month. If USCIS determines that you are eligible to adjust status you will be required to pay a non-refundable diversity visa processing fee of $330.00 per person directly to the Department of State. This fee is assessed to cover cost incurred by the Department of State in running the lottery selection process and is separate from any fees you will need to pay USCIS as part of your adjustment application. Failure to pay this fee may result in the loss of your diversity visa. The fee must be paid before the Department of State will transfer your case to USCIS. This fee cannot be refunded, even if your request to adjust status is not approved. Instructions for paying the Diversity Visa fee are available at https://travel.state.gov/content/tr...m-entry/adjustment-of-status-fee-payment.html.

In order for the Kentucky Consular Center to assist with inquiries regarding a specific Diversity Visa (DV) case, you must provide the Principal Applicant's full name, complete case number, and date of birth in the following format (MMDDYYYY) as entered on the original entry. Please remember that the Kentucky Consular Center does not have the authority to tell you whether or not your specific case will be disqualified. Only a consular officer can do that at the time of your visa interview. Do not send any paper documents to the Kentucky Consular Center. For additional information, please refer to the following websites:
Diversity Visa Website: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/diversity-visa-program-entry.html
Diversity Visa Instructions: https://travel.state.gov/content/tr...rogram-entry/diversity-visa-instructions.html
DS-260 instructions: https://travel.state.gov/content/tr...ur-iv-and-alien-registration-application.html
To enter the Diversity Visa lottery or to check for a selection notice: https://dvprogram.state.gov/"
If you’ve already informed KCC of your plan to switch over to AOS, that’s all that matters. You can stop worrying about receiving or not receiving the AOS 2NL.

Hello,

I got confused about the time sending my AOS documents. April VB has released. My number is under the April VB. My AOS package is ready but it's still March. If I send my AOS package in March, is it considered as an early filing? Should I need to wait until April 1st for not considered as an early filing? I am sorry if I repeat the same question someone asked before in the forum.
If the VB shows your CN as being current in April, AOS package delivery to the Lockbox any day before April 1st is considered as early filing. You can decide on your own if you want to do early filing or not.

I see my horrible handwritten SASE, in my USPS informed delivery this morning.
Sent Feb 18, arrived on the 22 due to Federal holiday.

I live in US on J1. My case number is current and I’m planning to do AOS once/if my J1 waiver application gets approved. My 1NL at the bottom reads “Post: Kentucky Consular Center” and I never filled DS-260. My questions are:

1- Do I need to inform KCC of my intention to do AOS before I send the payment? Or can I just send the payment without saying anything?

2- Can anyone provide a link to any J1 hardship waiver forum where I can have an idea of other applicants timelines?

Hello all:

I do have an Important question if someone has some "rough" idea or "normal" situation that can help me make a very significant decision. ( By the way, after all of this is finished, I will share with you my super interesting situation. however, it will be one of the rare cases ever or it can be unique indeed! but once all is done I will share the whole experience so others can benefit from our case in this useful forum)

My question is: for Detriot office. If I send my AOS package on April 1 given that my case will be current in May, assuming everything is alright, what is the likelihood of getting GC before Sept 1st?
Please if you have some data to share it with me.

Thanks in advance

Hello all:

I do have an Important question if someone has some "rough" idea or "normal" situation that can help me make a very significant decision. ( By the way, after all of this is finished, I will share with you my super interesting situation. however, it will be one of the rare cases ever or it can be unique indeed! but once all is done I will share the whole experience so others can benefit from our case in this useful forum)

My question is: for Detriot office. If I send my AOS package on April 1 given that my case will be current in May, assuming everything is alright, what is the likelihood of getting GC before Sept 1st?
Please if you have some data to share it with me.

Thanks in advance
The AOS spreadsheet found on page 1 contains timelines for multiple years including this year. You can see the average time it takes to go through this entire process. I would look mainly at the cases where the office is in Detroit. As I have really mainly been looking at cases in my filing office the most. Based on that, you can assess multiple AOS cases and make the rough estimate for yourself.

I live in US on J1. My case number is current and I’m planning to do AOS once/if my J1 waiver application gets approved. My 1NL at the bottom reads “Post: Kentucky Consular Center” and I never filled DS-260. My questions are:

1- Do I need to inform KCC of my intention to do AOS before I send the payment? Or can I just send the payment without saying anything?

2- Can anyone provide a link to any J1 hardship waiver forum where I can have an idea of other applicants timelines?
You don’t “need” to inform KCC prior to making the DV administrative fee payment.

The AOS spreadsheet found on page 1 contains timelines for multiple years including this year. You can see the average time it takes to go through this entire process. I would look mainly at the cases where the office is in Detroit. As I have really mainly been looking at cases in my filing office the most. Based on that, you can assess multiple AOS cases and make the rough estimate for yourself.
Two cases only for this year, one is not updated yet. The spreadsheet does help in this, just seen the timeline wow impressive. I will check other years as suggested.Thanks :)

Two cases only for this year, one is not updated yet. The spreadsheet does help in this, just seen the timeline wow impressive. I will check other years as suggested.Thanks :)
Yes, I have none for my office lol. So I would say you’re lucky!! I looked at last years as well to aid me in my filing choices, and turn around estimates.

Hi everyone,

1. In my interview notice, the time of the interview is printed as 7.35 am. but on the USCIS website my field office opens only at 8 am. Was this a mistake or do they usually schedule interviews at this time in the morning?

2. and on the documents section, it says to bring evidence of your sponsor's and co-sponsors US citizenship or Lawful Permanent Resident status. What documents should I bring for that? does photocopies of their US passport sufficient or do I need to take a photocopy of the naturalization certificate? and do those need to be certified as a true copy?

Thank you in advance!

Hi everyone,

1. In my interview notice, the time of the interview is printed as 7.35 am. but on the USCIS website my field office opens only at 8 am. Was this a mistake or do they usually schedule interviews at this time in the morning?

2. and on the documents section, it says to bring evidence of your sponsor's and co-sponsors US citizenship or Lawful Permanent Resident status. What documents should I bring for that? does photocopies of their US passport sufficient or do I need to take a photocopy of the naturalization certificate? and do those need to be certified as a true copy?

Thank you in advance!
1. Follow the instructions on your interview notice. If it says your appointment is scheduled for 7:35am, be sure you’re there for the indicated time regardless of what the website lists as operating hours.
2. Copy of sponsor’s passport is fine.

One of the pieces of evidence mentioned in the USCIS is: "Copy of passport page with admission (entry)". My passports are not with me right now, any ideas if I can send the package with the stamp of entry ??

Hi,
I am about to send my AOS package on April 1st. Yet at the same time, I am applying for CPT to work during the summer. Here's my question:
Do you recommend submitting my AOS package after I get approved for CPT and include the new I-20 (may take a while) that grants me work authorization in the AOS package or is it fine to submit my AOS package first?

One of the pieces of evidence mentioned in the USCIS is: "Copy of passport page with admission (entry)". My passports are not with me right now, any ideas if I can send the package with the stamp of entry ??
Yes you may. Bear in mind though doing so may preclude your case from being approved without an interview, if that is an option your FO is considering. Considering you’ve not provided any information as to why your passports are not with you or when you’re likely to get them back, you’ll need to make a judgment call if it’s worth it or not.