• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Only

Hello, my number became current and I sent AOS package. May I ask the usual wait time from sending package to receiving biometric letter? Just wanting to get a rough idea of timing from now on. Thank you so much!

Not sure what you mean by "her tax return statements(3 months)" - do you mean the IRS tax transcript? Anyway, the AOS process spreadsheets recommends the I-134 should be supported with copies of sponsor's W-2 or 1099, most recent pay slips(3 months, or employment verification letter in lieu of pay slips) and government ID of whoever is filling out the form I-134 for you
I have 2 questions?
1.Does it mean the most recent W2 or W2 for recent three years along with the Pay slips and ID documentation?
2.My number become current in the month of May. I will send the packet on 1st of May. Should I need to include sponsors April pay slip since its the latest, with two prior months or go with January, February and March?
Thanks in Advance

I have 2 questions?
1.Does it mean the most recent W2 or W2 for recent three years along with the Pay slips and ID documentation?
2.My number become current in the month of May. I will send the packet on 1st of May. Should I need to include sponsors April pay slip since its the latest, with two prior months or go with January, February and March?
Thanks in Advance
1. Most recent W2, 3 months’ most recent pay slips, and photo ID.
2. February, March, April.

We had our interview today.

My wife is the winner, so the most questions were directed to her. They were about:
– travel history: first/last time entered in the US, with what visas, how many times visited the US before;
– our marriage: when did we marry, how many years together, if we ave children and so on; he also asked for our photos together, but we didn't have them (married more than 5 years, long before coming to the US);
- address where we live;
- car accident she had some time ago;
– work: in the home country, in the US (she doesn't work right now);

Then the IO asked me some questions about my travel history and my job (company, how long I'm working there, salary). He asked for the documents supporting my visa (petition) and copy of my I-94.

Totally we spent about one hour with him. He often asked some questions he asked before.

Finally when we come home our cases were "New Card is Being Produced" :)

A note for others: bring both original documents and copies with you even if the copies were attached to the application. In our case he didn't look at what was attached to the application, but asked us about them. If we didn't have a copy, he copied himself.

I recently entered the US couple weeks ago using my renewed Passport (which does not contain my US VISA stamp).

Therefore, on I-485, Section "Recent Immigration History" - Item 18 : I entered my new Passport number (as I use this at my last arrival)
However on item 22: Nonimmigrant VISA Number from this passport (if any) --> should I type my VISA number of my old passport?
Or should I leave blank as there is really no VISA stamp on my new passport.

Anyone encountered this before?

I recently entered the US couple weeks ago using my renewed Passport (which does not contain my US VISA stamp).

Therefore, on I-485, Section "Recent Immigration History" - Item 18 : I entered my new Passport number (as I use this at my last arrival)
However on item 22: Nonimmigrant VISA Number from this passport (if any) --> should I type my VISA number of my old passport?
Or should I leave blank as there is really no VISA stamp on my new passport.

Anyone encountered this before?
Visa number from the old passport.

Hello everyone, I am absolutely amazed by the usefulness of this forum. A special thank you to @Sm1smom for the incredibly valuable spreadsheet and all the support.

I've been selected in the DV2022 lottery (CN 2022EU14xxx) and I'm currently in the US on an E-2 NIV with an I-94 valid until April 2023. I'm trying to better understand if travel before filing the AOS will still be possible. So far I've learned that an AOS case should not be filed within 90 days after entering the US to avoid the assumption of fraud and that (the optional first step) filing the DS-260 shows immigrant intend.

I do have travel plans for 2021 for both business and personal reasons (given the Schengen ban will eventually be lifted).
Will I still be able to "safely" go the AOS route if I leave the US knowing that I won the DV lottery but before submitting the DS-260 form? My plan would be to reenter the US in November 2021 for the last time, wait 90 days, and then start the process with the DS260. Based on previous years' VBs, I would assume my CN becomes current sometime between March and May. Am I missing something or does that sound like a viable plan?

Obviously, I want to maximize my chances to actually receive the green card, so based on all the problems for DV2020 and DV2021 winners in the CP route, I would prefer to go the AOS route. Thank you for your support
Hello Chip22:
I found that in the timeline you got the benefit of the early filing. No issues, right? You are waiting for the interview, correct?

I would like to ask a question. On the basis of what do some people get their interview waived and some don't? Thank you!
The decision to approve with or without an interview depends on the FO with jurisdiction over the case and the IO assigned to the case. This is why front-loading the AOS package is highly recommended (it is the reason this forum has gone to great lengths to put together the AOS process spreadsheet). A properly front loaded package makes it easier for the IO in a FO with the practice of approving without an interview to do so as the IO is able to fully review the case and make the approval decision without seeing the applicant.

Hello @Sm1smom ,

I have a few questions about my AOS application:

1- After almost a week of the DV fee money order being cashed, I see that the USPS return tracking number is not yet active (maybe they still have to send back the receipt). I've tried to email KCC asking for the receipt. Do I stand a chance that they may email to me the receipt?

2- If yes, can I use that email in lieu of the physical receipt in the AOS package?

3- Pertaining the documents, I know that the forms have to be original (the physically signed ones). What about birth certificate and other documentation (e.g. the education translations). Shall I send to AOS the originals or copies?

Thank you

Hello @Sm1smom ,

1- After almost a week of the DV fee money order being cashed, I see that the USPS return tracking number is not yet active (maybe they still have to send back the receipt). I've tried to email KCC asking for the receipt. Do I stand a chance that they may email to me the receipt?

2- If yes, can I use that email in lieu of the physical receipt in the AOS package?

3- Pertaining the documents, I know that the forms have to be original (the physically signed ones). What about birth certificate and other documentation (e.g. the education translations). Shall I send to AOS the originals or copies?

Thank you
KCC just email back with the same "template" crap.
"KCC has received your request however, the payment has not been received. Please allow 2 to 3 weeks for payment processing."

I don't even know what is going on with their sentence. The money order was cashed... (unless USPS folks delivered it somewhere else)

It is frustrating, how, 8 months after filing the DS260, I am still stuck at square one.
KCC did not even open the DS 260 after 8 months.
And now, going AOS, I am still bound to a paper receipt that nobody know when it will arrive.
So much understaffing, inefficiency and lack of transparency.

Sorry about the negative mood, but I am not even sure, at this point, I will be able to complete the process at all.

@Sm1smom , do you think is there a way to verify that the money order was cashed by Dept of State actually?
Is there a way to contact them and speak to a live person?

Last edited:
Hello @Sm1smom ,

Thank you
1. I realize you already got a reply from KCC regarding this question, however I’m still going to answer it for the benefit of other members reading this now and/or in the future. My answer is I have no way of predicting what KCC’s response to your email request may or will be.
2. The receipt that gets included with the AOS package will eventually be a copy, so it doesn’t matter if it is a downloaded copy of what is sent by email or a photocopy of what gets sent via posted mail.
3. You never send the original version of your personal documents to USCIS, as any document you send in will not be returned to you. Always send a copy and plan on attending your interview with the original version.

KCC just email back with the same "template" crap.
"KCC has received your request however, the payment has not been received. Please allow 2 to 3 weeks for payment processing."

I don't even know what is going on with their sentence. The money order was cashed... (unless USPS folks delivered it somewhere else)

It is frustrating, how, 8 months after filing the DS260, I am still stuck at square one.
KCC did not even open the DS 260 after 8 months.
And now, going AOS, I am still bound to a paper receipt that nobody know when it will arrive.
So much understaffing, inefficiency and lack of transparency.

Sorry about the negative mood, but I am not even sure, at this point, I will be able to complete the process at all.

@Sm1smom , do you think is there a way to verify that the money order was cashed by Dept of State actually?
Is there a way to contact them and speak to a live person?
If you sent your money order to the right address (and you listed the right recipient on the money order), then yes it was cashed by the intended agency. I do not know of any other way to verify your payment was cashed or processed outside of contacting KCC and being patient.

On a side note, I understand the frustration you’re feeling at the moment. KCC may be inefficient or non-transparent with their process (a subjective perspective IMO, considering I do not know of any single organization the entire world can come together and declare as being efficient and transparent), you also have to take responsibility and ownership of your own decision which hasn’t quite worked out like you had hoped. Your original plan was to process CP even though you were already based in the US at the time of your DV selection. Yes, I get it you had your personal reasons for going that route. Some of the things you’re rushing to do now are things you would have taken care of if you had originally planned on processing AOS. So I’m basically saying you need to exercise a lot of patience and not expect things to fall in place at the snap of a finger.

Hello All. If we received the DV Fee Paid Receipt by email after mailing our AOS package to USCIS, would you recommend printing the DV Fee Paid Receipt and mailing it to USCIS as well?

Hello All. If we received the DV Fee Paid Receipt by email after mailing our AOS package to USCIS, would you recommend printing the DV Fee Paid Receipt and mailing it to USCIS as well?
How else will you be able to include a copy of the payment receipt with your AOS package if you don’t print out what you received by email?

Hi everyone, we had an interview on 03/22/2022 and it was asked basic questions: name, DOB, last time visited, etc. also officer asked if we made covid-19 vaccine. I said yes and my wife no, as she was pregnant and she got a letter from obgyn where it's not recommended. Officer said ok, then asked yes/no questions. Then asked us if we have any questions, we asked about the next steps, and she said we should get mail or status updated within the next 2 weeks. When we came out we realized that our 693 forms were not checked and opened.

Today my wife got an RFE that she didn't pass all vaccinations. we are trying to understand what does it mean as she got covid and tdap waived by her doctor because of pregnancy, and flu shot because of reactions in the past. Now we can't understand what vaccinations they ask us. She is not pregnant now, so does it mean they want us to make covid and tdap, or do they want us to make flu besides the reaction in the past? Is there any option we can reach out to USCIS with that question? There is a mail only stated in the letter with the name of the officer, but I don't know if it will work and how they usually reply.

Sorry I'm new to this forum, I know that I need update some info about my case, please let me know what is the best direction to do that