• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Only

Hi everyone, we had an interview on 03/22/2022 and it was asked basic questions: name, DOB, last time visited, etc. also officer asked if we made covid-19 vaccine. I said yes and my wife no, as she was pregnant and she got a letter from obgyn where it's not recommended. Officer said ok, then asked yes/no questions. Then asked us if we have any questions, we asked about the next steps, and she said we should get mail or status updated within the next 2 weeks. When we came out we realized that our 693 forms were not checked and opened.

Today my wife got an RFE that she didn't pass all vaccinations. we are trying to understand what does it mean as she got covid and tdap waived by her doctor because of pregnancy, and flu shot because of reactions in the past. Now we can't understand what vaccinations they ask us. She is not pregnant now, so does it mean they want us to make covid and tdap, or do they want us to make flu besides the reaction in the past? Is there any option we can reach out to USCIS with that question? There is a mail only stated in the letter with the name of the officer, but I don't know if it will work and how they usually reply.

Sorry I'm new to this forum, I know that I need update some info about my case, please let me know what is the best direction to do that
I’m not surprised your wife received a RFE for the required missing vaccines. Her doctor’s decision to waive the Tdap vaccine on the basis of her being pregnant is not in line with CDC guidance. Per CDC website, “to help protect babies during this time when they are most vulnerable, women should get the tetanus toxoid, reduced diphtheria toxoid, and acellular pertussis vaccine (Tdap) during each pregnancy” - I’m surprised her ObGyn thought otherwise.

Also for the COVID vaccines, pregnancy is not one of the exceptions which CDC has a blanket waiver available for per the information available on CDC COVID-19 Website. However, USCIS Manual allows for the COVID-19 vaccine to be waived for pregnancy as contraindicative. The CS who completed the medical report is required to indicate the applicant did not receive the COVID-19 vaccines because of a contraindication that is based on pregnancy, the note from the ObGyn is not enough in this case.

So since your wife is no longer pregnant, she basically needs to get all the missing shots in response to the RFE. She does not need to get the flu shot (if she doesn’t want to at this point) because flu season is considered to be Oct. 1st to Mar. 31st, the flu season will already be over by the time she is able to fully respond to the RFE.

p.s. kindly add your updates to the DV 2022 AOS Timeline spreadsheet

Hi,

I received both my and my spouse's case receipt on March 14th and got the update from USCIS showing that on March 8th,' Form G-28 was rejected because it was improperly filed '. Has anyone had this issue before? If yes, how long does it take to get an update from USCIS? My attorney had already submitted the form again, but our case is still not updated. Meanwhile, does it affect the whole case processing time? When can I receive the Bio Notice? Thank you in advance.

Hi,

I received both my and my spouse's case receipt on March 14th and got the update from USCIS showing that on March 8th,' Form G-28 was rejected because it was improperly filed '. Has anyone had this issue before? If yes, how long does it take to get an update from USCIS? My attorney had already submitted the form again, but our case is still not updated. Meanwhile, does it affect the whole case processing time? When can I receive the Bio Notice? Thank you in advance.
This is a DIY forum. Form G-28 is the form your attorney files informing USCIS they are your attorney of record. If there’s any issue with that form, you should be discussing it with your attorney. And if your attorney is not even able to properly file such a form with USCIS, (a form/process any reputable attorney should be highly familiar with), it makes one wonder how familiar they’re are with the DV based AOS process which you’ve hired them for.

How else will you be able to include a copy of the payment receipt with your AOS package if you don’t print out what you received by email?
The question was whether the dv receipt needs to be mailed separately after the rest of the AOS package has already been mailed (or should the receipt be brought to the interview). The question was not about how to include the receipt without printing it.

The question was whether the dv receipt needs to be mailed separately after the rest of the AOS package has already been mailed (or should the receipt be brought to the interview). The question was not about how to include the receipt without printing it.
Yes should be included in the AOS package, it is listed in spreadsheet.

That was not the original question posted - your original post never said anything about after the AOS package already got mailed. Providing additional information or asking the right question within the right context goes a long way in ensuring the right response is provided.

That was not the original question posted - your original post never said anything about after the AOS package already got mailed. Providing additional information or asking the right question within the right context goes a long way in ensuring the right response is provided.
The original question did say precisely: “we received the DV Fee Paid Receipt after mailing our AOS package to USCIS, would you recommend mailing it to USCIS as well?”. Maybe you misread it.

The original question did say precisely: “we received the DV Fee Paid Receipt after mailing our AOS package to USCIS, would you recommend mailing it to USCIS as well?”. Maybe you misread it.
Yes indeed, it did say that. Not sure how I missed the after mailing the AOS package part both times when I read and responded. Ma bad! Apologies for that.

Quick question: for all non-applicable questions type N/A or leave it blank, for example, if there is no middle name ?
I wouldn’t recommend typing N/A in the middle name section if you have no middle name. We’ve had reports in the past of the GC showing up with N/A as the middle name because the applicant listed N/A on the form.

Hello Everyone, I just received my NOA letter but I noticed that my birth date on the receipt is wrong. I just checked my copy of the application and my birthdate is correct so I'm guessing it was a typo on their end. What is the best way to move forward? Should I notify the USCIS National Benefits Center?

Hi Everyone,
I noticed the following requirements for the derivatives under the Additional Evidence Requirments section of Form I-485 Instructions. Does a copy of the DV lottery Entry suffice that requirement?
Thank you!
Screenshot 2022-03-26 213121.png

Hello, would you please let me know what item numbers we should put when writing additional physical addresses and employment history in Section 14 of the I-485 Form? For example, if we lived in five different places in the past five years, we can mention three addresses in Part 3 on page 5 of the I-485 Form. We then need to write the two remaining addresses in Part 14 on page 18. For each address, we would put “Page Number: 5”, “Part Number: 3”, and “Item Number: X”. What should X be? Thank you.View attachment 3355
Hi, I am facing the same problem. Just wondering if you figured out a way? I was thinking to keep 3.c blank.

Hello Everyone, I just received my NOA letter but I noticed that my birth date on the receipt is wrong. I just checked my copy of the application and my birthdate is correct so I'm guessing it was a typo on their end. What is the best way to move forward? Should I notify the USCIS National Benefits Center?
You can submit an eRequest for this.

Hi Everyone,
I noticed the following requirements for the derivatives under the Additional Evidence Requirments section of Form I-485 Instructions. Does a copy of the DV lottery Entry suffice that requirement?
Thank you!
View attachment 3397
Yes, a copy of the eRegistration form is the best evidence for demonstrating applicable derivatives were included in the original entry form, so include it with your AOS package if you have it.
For those who do not have a copy of their eRegistration entry form, this is not a problem, don’t start stressing about not having this proof. AFAIK, non-inclusion of this evidence has never been an issue in the past. USCIS will receive this document as part of the “KCC file” anyway when the FO receives that file from the KCC.

Hello, I'm getting this error message every time I try to submit the E-Request. They do not have a specific "Diversity VIsa" based sub type so I assume that' is the reason for the error. How should I proceed?

View attachment 3398
I’m not sure as to why you’re getting the error message. That form has been successfully used in the past to report typographical errors for DV based AOS applications. You can try calling the USCIS 1800 number or initiate a chat with
Emma

Yes, a copy of the eRegistration form is the best evidence for demonstrating applicable derivatives were included in the original entry form, so include it with your AOS package if you have it.
For those who do not have a copy of their eRegistration entry form, this is not a problem, don’t start stressing about not having this proof. AFAIK, non-inclusion of this evidence has never been an issue in the past. USCIS will receive this document as part of the “KCC file” anyway when the FO receives that file from the KCC.
what is the eRegistration form?