• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Only

Hi all,

I am about to change my address, but I havn't yet filled the I-485. Is there any problem if my current address differs from the address in my DV submission and result?
Do I need to do anything?

Thanks.

I do not have it, I may include the DS 260 home page is this okay? it includes all derivatives.
You can include that if you like, although I already stated not having the eDV entry form or proof of having included applicable derivatives on the entry form has never been an issue.

Hi all,

I am about to change my address, but I havn't yet filled the I-485. Is there any problem if my current address differs from the address in my DV submission and result?
Do I need to do anything?

Thanks.
Not a problem. The most important address is what is listed on the I-485 when the AOS application gets filed.

Hi, I have a Niw application pending with an I-797 notice. Do I have to send to USCIS that notice of action? Or it is only I-797 based on H1B?
Thanks!

Hi,

First of all I want to thank you all the information which have shared on this forum. Especially for @Sm1smom I appreciate for your help. I've got a question again. My number is being current on April. I am planning to send my, my husband's and my daughter's AOS packages on March 30th. In that way they can reach out to USCIS on April 1st. There is a section on I-485 that we need to sign. They also want us to write the date of our signatures on it. Can I write April 1st which will be the date that they get the files? But it won't be the exact date that we sign the forms. Or should I wait for April 1st to sign the forms and send them later? I got confused again.

Hi,

First of all I want to thank you all the information which have shared on this forum. Especially for @Sm1smom I appreciate for your help. I've got a question again. My number is being current on April. I am planning to send my, my husband's and my daughter's AOS packages on March 30th. In that way they can reach out to USCIS on April 1st. There is a section on I-485 that we need to sign. They also want us to write the date of our signatures on it. Can I write April 1st which will be the date that they get the files? But it won't be the exact date that we sign the forms. Or should I wait for April 1st to sign the forms and send them later? I got confused again.
I strongly assume that you're supposed to put the actual date in that you actually sign the forms. Why would you forge your documents? If you feel you need to sign the papers on April 1st, then you just have to wait a couple more dates...

Hi,

Faking a date signature to send a single day early is most definitely not worth the risk imo

I strongly assume that you're supposed to put the actual date in that you actually sign the forms. Why would you forge your documents? If you feel you need to sign the papers on April 1st, then you just have to wait a couple more dates...
Yes I think I couldn't make the point which I wanted to make because of my language limitation. What I was trying to ask is if it would be trouble to sign the forms earlier or not. Because the date that the forms will reach them out will be on time. Just the signing date will be different.

Hi, I have a Niw application pending with an I-797 notice. Do I have to send to USCIS that notice of action? Or it is only I-797 based on H1B?
Thanks!
You do not have to send anything, however including the NIW I-797 wouldn’t hurt your case.

Hi,

Don’t post-date forms before mailing, use the date for actual day you sign the form. There’s no problem with the signature date being before the first day in which your CN becomes current.

So since your wife is no longer pregnant, she basically needs to get all the missing shots in response to the RFE. She does not need to get the flu shot (if she doesn’t want to at this point) because flu season is considered to be Oct. 1st to Mar. 31st, the flu season will already be over by the time she is able to fully respond to the RFE.
Hi Mom, thank you for your reply. I made a small confusion with TD, my wife got the TD shot before pregnancy, it was done in 2020, but she lost her child records. So she had only 2 shots based on her documents (2007, 2020). obgyn said she should not take it as she already had the shot, but for the civil surgeon if you don't have the paper then you don't have the shot. They put insufficient time intervals in her 693 form including a letter from obgyn. As for the rest of the vaccines, it was 38 week of pregnancy, we literally got her 693 form closed the day before we got the baby.

Now civil surgeon said that they may close the 693 form with only one covid shot to save time. As far as I understood this is the risk of getting 2nd RFE or 2nd interview. Is it correct that it better to close the form with both shots?

P.S. I made the request to update the spreadsheet, will do that once I have access.

Hi Mom, thank you for your reply. I made a small confusion with TD, my wife got the TD shot before pregnancy, it was done in 2020, but she lost her child records. So she had only 2 shots based on her documents (2007, 2020). obgyn said she should not take it as she already had the shot, but for the civil surgeon if you don't have the paper then you don't have the shot. They put insufficient time intervals in her 693 form including a letter from obgyn. As for the rest of the vaccines, it was 38 week of pregnancy, we literally got her 693 form closed the day before we got the baby.

Now civil surgeon said that they may close the 693 form with only one covid shot to save time. As far as I understood this is the risk of getting 2nd RFE or 2nd interview. Is it correct that it better to close the form with both shots?

P.S. I made the request to update the spreadsheet, will do that once I have access.
I see. Your CS wrongly filled out your wife's I-693 in that case, the CS should have marked the "Contra-indication" (and explained the fact that she is pregnant in the "Remarks Section" as the reason for the contraindication) which would have been acceptable - (USCIS does not care about the opinions of the ObGyn), and not the "Insufficient Time Interval" column. Plus for the TDap, she could have done a blood titer test if she had no immunization record to present to the CS. Anyway, that is all water under the bridge now.

Do not allow the CS to mess up the medical report again by marking the the I-693 as complete with only one shot taken (if your wife is not getting the Johnson & Johnson shot as that is the only shot that is a one dosage vaccine) - the CS is required to specify the actual vaccine(s) taken. There is no guarantee you will be sent a 2nd RFE as a matter of fact, the case could be denied based on failure to provide the required updated medical report. See what the USCIS Policy Manual says below about the COVID-19 vaccine:

"Generally, all age appropriate vaccine rows of the vaccination assessment must have at least one entry before the assessment can be considered to have been properly completed. However, the COVID-19 vaccination (required as of October 1, 2021) differs in that the applicant must complete the entire vaccine series (one or two doses depending on formulation)"

Hello all:
This is not a question, I just would like to share with you that I submitted the AOS package today, wish me luck please :). Regardless of the outcome, I must thank all people who created this forum, and those who helped and answered questions. Particularly, @SusieQQQ who directed me to this forum and helped answer questions, and to @Sm1smom for the countless efforts has been making in providing information, answering questions, and guiding applicants.

I wish luck to everyone here.

At the interview If the primary applicant has no issues but the secondary spouse had issues or was denied would that mean the primary applicant gets delayed or denied?

At the interview If the primary applicant has no issues but the secondary spouse had issues or was denied would that mean the primary applicant gets delayed or denied?
In general no, issues with the derivative typically do not delay or impact the approval of the principal applicant.