• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Only

Thanks, in the case of my wife that message does not appear and that is the source of my concern. Any advice?
I do not think there’s anything to be concerned about. If the approval letter already showed up in the mail, and the online status shows approved, the GC itself should be showing up shortly. The CPO status normally occurs before the case approved status update, it is sometimes possible to miss the initial CPO update before seeing the case approved update.

I do not think there’s anything to be concerned about. If the approval letter already showed up in the mail, and the online status shows approved, the GC itself should be showing up shortly. The CPO status normally occurs before the case approved status update, it is sometimes possible to miss the initial CPO update before seeing the case approved update.
Thanks for the message! We checked in the history in her profile again and the cpo update does not show up. It goes directly from fingerprint taken to case approved. Will keep you updated of how this plays out. Thanks again.

Any update on this?

Update? I’m not aware I was supposed to have an update.
I was just wondering if the green cards arrived in that case as they were worried they hadn't seen the green card being produced notice.

My wife, the principal applicant, and our kids received their green cards today, but mine didn't arrive. My status says card is being produced on the 27th, and case is approved on the 28th, but I'm wondering why mine it didn't arrive with the rest of the family's cards.

I was just wondering if the green cards arrived in that case as they were worried they hadn't seen the green card being produced notice.

My wife, the principal applicant, and our kids received their green cards today, but mine didn't arrive. My status says card is being produced on the 27th, and case is approved on the 28th, but I'm wondering why mine it didn't arrive with the rest of the family's cards.
Why don’t you ask /tag the actual poster who was waiting for the green cards?

So you should tag/ask the person (like Susie pointed out above) as against quoting my response (to that person) and asking about an update.

And as to your situation, it also isn't unusual for all the GCs to not show up the same day. It all depends on the batch within which they got mailed, or even processed by USPS. Not unusual for packages mailed the same day going to the same destination to get separated and delivered on different days.

Hi @Zion_Hope_Alive,
It's now down to the wires, home stretch lap so to say, wondering if you've had any update with regards to your case?
Sorry for the late response. GC received for I-485. I-824 was approved on 9/27/22 but got USCIS online notification on 9/28/22. NOA arrived on 10/2/22. The choice of Consulate was even entered wrongly. Nearly three weeks of daily efforts to get the NBC and the USCIS to act timely failed. I will update the timesheet accordingly. Thank you for your counsel. I am still thinking about whether to separate from my family or just abandon the benefit entirely.

Sorry for the late response. GC received for I-485. I-824 was approved on 9/27/22 but got USCIS online notification on 9/28/22. NOA arrived on 10/2/22. The choice of Consulate was even entered wrongly. Nearly three weeks of daily efforts to get the NBC and the USCIS to act timely failed. I will update the timesheet accordingly. Thank you for your counsel. I am still thinking about whether to separate from my family or just abandon the benefit entirely.
Congratulations on the successful completion of the AOS process.

Hi Mom,

Im getting confusing communication from USCIC regarding delivery of my card

'September 29, 2022 We mailed your new card your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, directly to the address you gave us.'

tracked the delivery which delivered a welcome letter only. Then..

'September 29, 2022 Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office' (was actually 3rd of October when this update posted)

No card in sight. Im wondering if by card they meant welcome letter?

Thanks for your help

@grafaah - any update with your FTJ? Did you guys make it through?
Hi Mom, thanks so much for asking, unfortunately we didn't make it. The Consulate abroad told us the NVC has to transfer my husband's case file before they can schedule an interview. Kcc actually sent an email that his case is ready to be scheduled but nothing from them till date. I didn't file an i824 because I got my GC so close to the deadline and I knew FTJ wasn't possible at that point. I called USCIS to forward my case file to the embassy, but no action was taken. Right now, I am filing an i130 and hoping it all goes well. We are truly grateful for me getting the greencard regardless, counting our blessings at this moment, it's been a journey!
Thank you so much for this forum mom. I appreciate you all a lot!

Hi Mom,

'September 29, 2022 We mailed your new card your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, directly to the address you gave us.'

'September 29, 2022 Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office' (was actually 3rd of October when this update posted)

Thanks for your help
Yeah, that's probably what they meant, the Welcome Letter - I think they got their wires crossed while sending out that update. I would say give it one or two more weeks, if the GC doesn't show up by the end of the second week, then reach out to USCIS to follow up.

Hi Mom, thanks so much for asking, unfortunately we didn't make it. The Consulate abroad told us the NVC has to transfer my husband's case file before they can schedule an interview. Kcc actually sent an email that his case is ready to be scheduled but nothing from them till date. I didn't file an i824 because I got my GC so close to the deadline and I knew FTJ wasn't possible at that point. I called USCIS to forward my case file to the embassy, but no action was taken. Right now, I am filing an i130 and hoping it all goes well. We are truly grateful for me getting the greencard regardless, counting our blessings at this moment, it's been a journey!
Thank you so much for this forum mom. I appreciate you all a lot!
Thanks for the update, and sorry to learn your derivatives did not make it through. The good news is there's another way forward for them. Congratulations.

Hi Mom,

Thanks for your help
Hi. Same thing happened to me. My wife's and daughter's card was delivered but mine was not there. Same day all our status on USCIS was Same as yours: "Card delivered to me". My welcome letter was in the box. I waited 24 hours and it was not delivered the next day as well. Then I called and asked from USPS. They told me that they would look for it. They could not find it. After 3 days it was delivered. I think they put in a wrong place but finally found it.
I hope you will get it soon. It made me so nervous.

A friend of mine got GC. But there is a mistake in the category, where his wife is the main applicant and he is the derivative, his card says DV06, and his wife's card says DV07. Does he need to contact them to correct this?

Hello dear AOS friends, when you login to your MyUSCIS online account, under the My Account tab, there is a section called "Verify Your Identity". When I try to verify my identity, it basically asks 2 things, Alien Number and DOS ID (which is Diversity case number for people like me.) The system does not accept my entry. - And DV Case ID should be entered without the 0's and my A number is the same old thing, no way I messed it up :)

The error message says, if you keep having the same problem after 5 days of your approval, contact USCIS call center. I've tried that but i am really having a hard time to explain the problem and they just send me password renewal copy paste messages.

Anybody has an idea? PS: If not verified, the messages inbox does not show up and you can't send a message directly from your account to uscis etc.

Attachments

• uscis verification error.JPG
    uscis verification error.JPG
    78.4 KB · Views: 17
Hello dear AOS friends, when you login to your MyUSCIS online account, under the My Account tab, there is a section called "Verify Your Identity". When I try to verify my identity, it basically asks 2 things, Alien Number and DOS ID (which is Diversity case number for people like me.) The system does not accept my entry. - And DV Case ID should be entered without the 0's and my A number is the same old thing, no way I messed it up :)

The error message says, if you keep having the same problem after 5 days of your approval, contact USCIS call center. I've tried that but i am really having a hard time to explain the problem and they just send me password renewal copy paste messages.

Anybody has an idea? PS: If not verified, the messages inbox does not show up and you can't send a message directly from your account to uscis etc.
The screenshot you are showing is talking about paying the immigrant fee. what account exactly are you trying to access? Are you doing AOS?