• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Only

Since I did not enter US with a GC visa because I got it through AOS, I am nor able to find my DOS Case ID. It not on any document I received. Where can I find it? I will do an address change and I want to verify my ID on USCIS and its asking me this number.
You don't have to update your address via my.uscis.gov. You can file it directly using online form here: https://www.uscis.gov/ar-11 It doesn't require account, nor verification. All you need is your past/current address and A-#.

Hi all - not sure whether this has happened to anyone else here but when I returned home from a business trip this month, the immigration officer assessed my entry using my old visa rather than my GC. I've exited and entered the country before on my GC (via Global Entry) so unsure why this happened. I also checked and confirmed that a I-94 was created under my passport number using my old non-immigrant visa. Any advice?

Hi all - not sure whether this has happened to anyone else here but when I returned home from a business trip this month, the immigration officer assessed my entry using my old visa rather than my GC. I've exited and entered the country before on my GC (via Global Entry) so unsure why this happened. I also checked and confirmed that a I-94 was created under my passport number using my old non-immigrant visa. Any advice?
You can contact your nearest CBP Deferred Inspection Site to get this rectified.

You have no DOS Case ID. Where are you attempting to do a change of address which is asking you for DOS Case ID in order to verify your ID?
I will change my address, it is a regular address change but I got my answer from the other replies. I understood that I need to file AR-11 to inform USCIS that I have a new address now.
Anyways, do not we use again USCIS online portal? I thought having an online account and verifying my ID would be useful in the future.

I will change my address, it is a regular address change but I got my answer from the other replies. I understood that I need to file AR-11 to inform USCIS that I have a new address now.
Anyways, do not we use again USCIS online portal? I thought having an online account and verifying my ID would be useful in the future.
Not unless you have a pending petition with USCIS, the Portal is not used for anything outside of that.

Hi all.
My case number was current in March 2023 and filed on 02 March 2023.
I got my 1st NOA on 24th March and Biometrics letter on 31st March.
I had my biometrics appointment on 14th April.
Any idea how long it takes to receive the interview letter?
Do you know if there is a delay?

Appreciate your response.

Thank you.

Hi all.
My case number was current in March 2023 and filed on 02 March 2023.
I got my 1st NOA on 24th March and Biometrics letter on 31st March.
I had my biometrics appointment on 14th April.
Any idea how long it takes to receive the interview letter?
Do you know if there is a delay?

Appreciate your response.

Thank you.
How long depends on several factors, first of which is your applicable FO. Add your data to the 2023 Timeline Spreadsheet - doing so will provide us with better insight into your case and could possibly result in a more relevant/specific response.

p.s. post follow up questions on the DV2023 AOS thread.

Last edited:
Just received my biometric appointment after a ridiculous wait (compared to other applicants this year) of more than four months. Never been this happy in this entire AOS process :D.
After NOA and before bio-metric, I chatted with Emma 3 different times (difference of 2-4 weeks) submitted one inquiry request (through USCIS website) but nothing helped. Finally, I got a chance to speak with the Tier-2 officer last week. Although he did not sound helpful on the phone, he created a service request to NBC which actually helped me to receive my biometric appointment today. I knew that my FO New Orleans has a huge backlog (like 7-8 months just for biometric) but looks like there are some available slots that they can make use of. So, if anybody is on the same boat, talking to a Tier-2 officer might help.

One Question: I might have missed but can anyone please recommend to me how early is it safe to do the bio-walkins?w

Just received my biometric appointment after a ridiculous wait (compared to other applicants this year) of more than four months. Never been this happy in this entire AOS process :D.
After NOA and before bio-metric, I chatted with Emma 3 different times (difference of 2-4 weeks) submitted one inquiry request (through USCIS website) but nothing helped. Finally, I got a chance to speak with the Tier-2 officer last week. Although he did not sound helpful on the phone, he created a service request to NBC which actually helped me to receive my biometric appointment today. I knew that my FO New Orleans has a huge backlog (like 7-8 months just for biometric) but looks like there are some available slots that they can make use of. So, if anybody is on the same boat, talking to a Tier-2 officer might help.

One Question: I might have missed but can anyone please recommend to me how early is it safe to do the bio-walkins?
wuffer_duffer how to connect to Tier-2 office. Just by calling USCIS helpline will connect us or there is different process to get connected ? Please reply thank you

Right... Little contradicting there, you must submit copies, "if available" :confused:. I submitted a FOIA request so I'll just have to wait and see, my sposor company can provide me a letter and that's about it they said!
I was wondering how did it go for you? I have the same situation (was a J1 holder back in 2000-2001 academic year and I can't locate my IAP-66 (DS-2019)). May I ask if you could get it from FOIA and which agency did you choose in your request? How did you case go? Thanks for any information you can share with me.

Hello Sm1smom, I just have to thank you for this explanation, I read it but I didn't understand it well but now I'm very clear. I sincerely apologize if I said something you didn't like.
Thank you very much

Dear mom, just a quick question,
when I check my status, it says that we receive your biometric fee, nothing is mentioned about the i485 form fee at this time.
is this normal? wouldn't they cash both checks together?
Thank you

Dear mom, just a quick question,
when I check my status, it says that we receive your biometric fee, nothing is mentioned about the i485 form fee at this time.
is this normal? wouldn't they cash both checks together?
Thank you
Yes, that is the normal online update. It covers the I-485 also even if it is not stated online since the bio fee cannot be accepted without the I-485 acceptance.

Hello. What is "at the time of “winning the lottery,” are residing in the United States in a nonimmigrant or other legal status" meaning?
I was in legal status in May 2023 after DV results. Right now my number is current for March but im in pending status and cant apply for adjustment of status in that status.
What is "at the time of “winning the lottery,” are residing in the United States in a nonimmigrant or other legal status" meaning. Is it May or when number is current?

Hello. What is "at the time of “winning the lottery,” are residing in the United States in a nonimmigrant or other legal status" meaning?
I was in legal status in May 2023 after DV results. Right now my number is current for March but im in pending status and cant apply for adjustment of status in that status.
What is "at the time of “winning the lottery,” are residing in the United States in a nonimmigrant or other legal status" meaning. Is it May or when number is current?
It refers to when the results are released which is usually in May/when you discovered you’re a DV selectee. However that is just one of the conditions of AOS eligibility that needs to be met. There’s also the requirement of being in a valid legal status as at the time of filing for AOS. Which “pending” status are you in?

It refers to when the results are released which is usually in May/when you discovered you’re a DV selectee. However that is just one of the conditions of AOS eligibility that needs to be met. There’s also the requirement of being in a valid legal status as at the time of filing for AOS. Which “pending” status are you in?
Asylum pending