• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Only

Hi,

I am assembling package for AOS. I am on F1 currently. I have two passport copies that I am sending as an evidence. Can I write Old passport and Current passport on top of each page with black ink? Kindly advise.

Hi,

I am assembling package for AOS. I am on F1 currently. I have two passport copies that I am sending as an evidence. Can I write Old passport and Current passport on top of each page with black ink? Kindly advise.
You can if you like.

Hey,
Sorry for this question, should I send the original traduction of docs like ( birth Certificate, Diplomas) or a copy is fine.
Thanks again for all...

Hey,
Sorry for this question, should I send the original traduction of docs like ( birth Certificate, Diplomas) or a copy is fine.
Thanks again for all...
Copies. Your original version will not be returned if you send those.

p.s. You’re encouraged to post your questions on the 2023 AOS thread.

Hello! I want to do AOS and have a few questions:
1. Do I need to attach form g1145 to the package?
2. Is I-94 result displayed straight away once request is sent? Or does it take a long time to get it after applying?
3. I have got pulled over by police and got court hearing (no points deducted, just had to pay a fine). Do I need to go to the court for a cirminal record and attach it in the package, or fill in that info somewhere in I-485? Is this kind of offense does not have to be notified?
4. Is free Insurance based on I-20 considered as public charge? Do i need to mark it down in my package?
5. Did you guys send in the package bank statements of yours or your sponsor? If yes, what is the date range you generated?

Thank you in advance!

Hello all! Urgent question.
If an F1 is in the US while in college and won the DV lottery, what effects does the i-485 have on his f1 status if there is still 3-4 semesters left to finish the studies.
Also the major problem. Does the f1 stand a chance to get the green card if he files the i-485 but has had unauthorized employment overtime ? And with that being said, what are the chances or that causing a termination of status and deportation? What would be a suggestion for action ?

In other words, if as an f1 the student engaged in unauthorized employment, will his i-485 application be automatically denied ( dv winner) , and will that result in deportation?
Thank you.

Hello all! Urgent question.
If an F1 is in the US while in college and won the DV lottery, what effects does the i-485 have on his f1 status if there is still 3-4 semesters left to finish the studies.
Also the major problem. Does the f1 stand a chance to get the green card if he files the i-485 but has had unauthorized employment overtime ? And with that being said, what are the chances or that causing a termination of status and deportation? What would be a suggestion for action ?
In other words, if as an f1 the student engaged in unauthorized employment, will his i-485 application be automatically denied ( dv winner) , and will that result in deportation?
Thank you.
1. If you are a DV2023 selectee, I suggest you post your questions on the DV2023 AOS Thread.
2. I do not respond to hypothetical situations - which is the way I see your above quoted posts. You'll need to be specific about your situation in order if there's any expectation of an input from me.

1. If you are a DV2023 selectee, I suggest you post your questions on the DV2023 AOS Thread.
2. I do not respond to hypothetical situations - which is the way I see your above quoted posts. You'll need to be specific about your situation in order if there's any expectation of an input from me.
Thank you for the reply. So there is the details. I am a DV 2022 selectee with a number EU30xxx . So far the visa bulletin is at 26 000 for Europe and my case will be current in April or May the latest. I can file the I-485 as soon as it is current. My biggest fear and question is, in how much trouble am I? I am an F-1 student currently in OPT, but I have engaged in unauthorized work during my studies and it is more than 180 days so no exemption applies. In no way i am going to lie and say I have not, so basically admitting that I violated the terms or my F1 status. Do I have any slight chance of getting a green card, or the worst, will i get my F1 terminated and get deported out of the US ?
Please help and also thank you!

DV2022 FY is over, if you are a DV2022 selectee, there’s no way forward in this case. The VB you’re referencing is for the 2023 FY, which is what is applicable to DV2023 selectees.

CONGRATS!!!! I am soo happy for you and super glad that he was able to help!! Very thankful to this community, seems someone paid it forward to me and this has now helped two people - let's keep the train going :) congratulations again.
What the name of the lawyer who contacted with a USCIS ?

How do I actually pay the DV administrative fee for the adjustment of status? Do I just mail them a check? Can I pay by credit/debit card?

How do I actually pay the DV administrative fee for the adjustment of status? Do I just mail them a check? Can I pay by credit/debit card?

Are you talking about the $330 fee or the AoS fee? The DV fee must be paid by sending a check or money order to the DV office address (in Miissouri if I remember correctly). The address is on one of the DV websites. You should read the spreadsheet, it will explain everything you need to know.

The USCIS AoS fee can be paid by check, money order or credit/debit card, however you should definitely not pay it by card because there's a very good chance your bank will deny the charge and USCIS will not try a second time. They'll just ship your package back to you after a few weeks and you'll have to start again with a few weeks less on the clock.

how did your follow-up interview go?
Hey atomic_chop,

I went to the field office at the end. I check-in and got my interview number. When my number was called, the staff came to me and told me since my case was already approved, I didn't need an interview. I was frustrated and tired after 3 hours of driving. And worst came that I got Covid on the same day which make me drive with a fever on the 3-hour trip back.

Unfortunately, there is only one way to connect with the field office: when we hired a lawyer to file our case and the lawyer could send an email to confirm with the field office. I called the USCIS 2-tier agent but they have no idea why the field office sent an interview notice and asked me to visit the field office just to be safe. If you are in the same situation, you can try to call USCIS again. Hopefully, they could help you connect with your field office.

As I was told by the field office staff, I was not the only person that got an interview notice after the I-485 approval. They said they forgot to put my A-number in the system before the system sent out the interview notice. Good luck.

Hi everyone. It is such a different feeling to come to the same forum after many months. I got my GC last August. Thanks to Sm1smom and all others. I have a question and I could not find the answer so I wanted to write here.

Since I did not enter US with a GC visa because I got it through AOS, I am nor able to find my DOS Case ID. It not on any document I received. Where can I find it? I will do an address change and I want to verify my ID on USCIS and its asking me this number.

Thanks

Hi everyone. It is such a different feeling to come to the same forum after many months. I got my GC last August. Thanks to Sm1smom and all others. I have a question and I could not find the answer so I wanted to write here.

Since I did not enter US with a GC visa because I got it through AOS, I am nor able to find my DOS Case ID. It not on any document I received. Where can I find it? I will do an address change and I want to verify my ID on USCIS and its asking me this number.

Thanks
You have no DOS Case ID. Where are you attempting to do a change of address which is asking you for DOS Case ID in order to verify your ID?