• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Only

Oh wow! Such great news. Congratulations. Glad to know you took matters into your own hands. Do keep us posted as to your kid’s FTJ outcome.
@Sm1smom Hey my child was taken to the embassy again. The embassy said it’s too late to begin the process. I was advised to sponsor him once I received my greencard.
Do you have a platform to guide on filing I-130? Am I able to file immediately? Which way is the best to proceed from here?

Last edited:
@Sm1smom Hey my child was taken to the embassy again. The embassy said it’s too late to begin the process. I was advised to sponsor him once I received my greencard.
Do you have a platform to guide on filing I-130? Am I able to file immediately? Which way is the best to proceed from here?
Thanks for the update. Sorry to learn your embassy is not willing to process your child’s FTJ. Yes, you can begin the I-130 process now. See link below to the family sponsor immigration forum

Hello everyone! My case was approved yesterday and I want to thank everyone who shared any tips, timelines, or just participating in this thread. I would not be able to do this without the help of this platform, I am deeply appreciated.

Case number: 2022AS30xxx, Status: F1 expired in May, STEM OPT expired in July, H1B starting in October, ASC/FO: Brooklyn, NY

Timeline (also added in DV 2022 AOS Timelines)

4/18 File DS260
4/25 DV fee check delievered
5/03 Received DV fee Receipt
5/05 Received 2NL
5/08 Package delivered
5/25 Case was received (Fingerprint Fee Was Received)
5/31 Received I-485 fee receipt
6/01 Visa Bulletin Current
6/12 Received NOA (Biometric Appointment Notice)
6/28 Attended biometric appointment
6/28 Fingerprints were taken
8/15 Hakeem Jeffries Congressional Request (48 days without update after bio)
8/22 Kirsten Gillibrand Senator Request (55 days without update after bio)
9/19 Interview Notice received day
9/22 Interview
9/22 New card is being produced

Interview experience

I arrived at Brooklyn FO half an hour early (8:30 AM) and it was already packed with people waiting to enter the building and the guards were only letting people in 15 minutes before their appointment time. After checked in, I waited around 40 minutes. I was interviewed by two ladies, a trainee and an officer sitting next to her. After taking an oath, the officer asked some basic questions like my name, birthday, addresses, graduation year, and the company I am working at, etc. And she ran through every questions on the I-485 form about criminal acts or any violations of laws. Then the officer asked about my current visa status. She said my case looks fine just need to review and double check on my status, so my case was not approved right away. However, my case was approved 4 hours after the interview!

In the end I want to say don't freak out and patient is key. Just do the part I can and wait. At first I was worried about my case number being 30XXX but I waited until it went current in June. And after I did bio, my case tracking remained unchanged for 85 days, then I finally got my IL 10 days before 9/30 (almost given up at this point). Thankfully it all worked out.

Oh and Kirsten Gillibrand Senator was very nice, her office replied emails very quickly, though I am not sure how much did her inquiry affected my case. And I did not get any response from Hakeem Jeffries' congressional request.

Thanks again everyone,
Jason

@Sm1smom First, God bless you. I will forever be grateful for the work you do. My status changed to "card is being produced" after I did a walk-in today at USCIS by myself as you had once advised me to try. Yesterday, I pleaded my case with my attorney's paralegal and I was told we have done everything we can for your case and there's nothing else they can do. I woke up, prayed, wrote a letter, and drove an hour to FO to either deliver the letter myself or to talk to the officer. At first, they told me they cannot help without an appointment but I was able to plead my case till one of the guards decided to talk to the officers. The manager pulled my case and they looked at it. We cleared all the confusion in my case and my derivative FTJ situation. After 2 hours the officer told me your case has been approved and drive safely. No interview was needed all they asked was where my child is and how he plans to process his case. Keep helping everyone you can. You are changing lives every day. This is your victory too.
Congratulation !!! Happy you made it and hopefully for your kid too. Pls keep me updated about your Child FTJ process. Mine unfortunately, the consulate was not helpful and said it is too late .They said they would print the last DV visas on 09/22. and couldn't book an appointment for my spouse and daughter. Any insights from Some1smom would be appreciated .

Congratulation !!! Happy you made it and hopefully for your kid too. Pls keep me updated about your Child FTJ process. Mine unfortunately, the consulate was not helpful and said it is too late .They said they would print the last DV visas on 09/22. and couldn't book an appointment for my spouse and daughter. Any insights from Some1smom would be appreciated .
Interesting statement, presumably some internal process at that consulate that leads to the date deadline, or possibly that was by when their visa number allocation for the month would be used. Also no guarantees anyway that a consulate would have a visa number for someone not previously scheduled for September. Unfortunately if the consulate is unwilling or unable to schedule at this late stage you can’t force them.

I was told the same thing. It’s too late. I was advised to file I-130

If the embassy already told you it is too late to process FTJ for your derivatives, there’s nothing else you can do about that unfortunately. They will have to go through the family sponsorship process in that case.

Hello, wonder if anyone else experienced this with
DV-2022 while pending asylum from Los Angeles.

05/2021 - was not selected
10/2021 - still showed was not selected
05/2022 - SELECTED, but letter dated 6/6/21 (it did not pop-up in October 2021!)
CN: 2022EU20xxx
I followed the link in the letter and submitted DS-260 in July, 2022.

Confirmation page states that I needed to contact local USCIS field office for further info on booking an appointment; however, when I called and visited Los Angeles office, they said they can’t book an appointment for me and sent me a link to an 1/11/2018 publication.

I paid $330 fee as per KCC’s email.

Is there any chance for this case or it’s likely dead?

Hello, wonder if anyone else experienced this with
DV-2022 while pending asylum from Los Angeles.

05/2021 - was not selected
10/2021 - still showed was not selected
05/2022 - SELECTED, but letter dated 6/6/21 (it did not pop-up in October 2021!)
CN: 2022EU20xxx
I followed the link in the letter and submitted DS-260 in July, 2022.

Confirmation page states that I needed to contact local USCIS field office for further info on booking an appointment; however, when I called and visited Los Angeles office, they said they can’t book an appointment for me and sent me a link to an 1/11/2018 publication.

I paid $330 fee as per KCC’s email.

Is there any chance for this case or it’s likely dead?
You did not file an I-485? Sorry, the selection is basically dead at this point.

You did not file an I-485? Sorry, the selection is basically dead at this point.
No, I did not :(
I thought DS-260 needed to be accepted first…

Have you seen people with selected statuses “backdated”? Like in my case, it was showing as not selected in 10/2021, but in 05/2022 (I stopped checking between these dates) was selected dated 06/2021
I lost too much time…

@Sm1smom I interviewed this morning.
Case approved pending background check clearance. IO was friendly, but at some point, he mistook me for an applicant who has overstayed his tourist visa, so I referred him to my i-94 which indicates I am still in status, and he apologized. Finally, he said, "your application is approved but I can't request a visa now, until your background check has cleared." He told me that the only thing preventing him now is my background check which has not been sent by NBC to them and that once he receives the background check he will request a visa and issue it.

Two quick questions:

1. Considering the period remaining and the fact that I also filed FTJ how do you see this and what are my options between now and 9/30?
2. I also requested that he forwards the FTJ to my desired Consulate, but he says since NBC had not handed it over to them I will need to file that request/change with the NBC. Can you advise how I can put this request on the I-824?

Hi @Zion_Hope_Alive,
It's now down to the wires, home stretch lap so to say, wondering if you've had any update with regards to your case?

Have you seen people with selected statuses “backdated”? Like in my case, it was showing as not selected in 10/2021, but in 05/2022 (I stopped checking between these dates) was selected dated 06/2021
I lost too much time…
I don't recall reading of such a similar case/situation.

I lost too much time…
Not that it makes a difference now unfortunately, its a pity you did not understand the AOS process (many don’t until they come here), but do I understand correctly that you checked at some stage in October, and then did not check again until May? So it could have come at any time between the date in October you checked, and May? Or did you get a notification in May to check?

My spouse just received the approval letter from uscis (thank you everyone again!) but her status on the uscis website is stuck on "case approved" since last week. No mention to card being produced. I don't think this is something concerning but wanted to validate it here. Also my understanding is that the case needs to be approved before the end of the fiscal year but the physical gc can be received afterwards, correct? Thanks again and I will update the timeline soon.

My spouse just received the approval letter from uscis (thank you everyone again!) but her status on the uscis website is stuck on "case approved" since last week. No mention to card being produced. I don't think this is something concerning but wanted to validate it here. Also my understanding is that the case needs to be approved before the end of the fiscal year but the physical gc can be received afterwards, correct? Thanks again and I will update the timeline soon.
No need to worry. Although, I would not rest assure even after CPO update until I have the physical card in my hand. Because it is not done until it is done!

Not that it makes a difference now unfortunately, its a pity you did not understand the AOS process (many don’t until they come here), but do I understand correctly that you checked at some stage in October, and then did not check again until May? So it could have come at any time between the date in October you checked, and May? Or did you get a notification in May to check?
Hi Susie, yes, when I checked in October 2021, the status was still showing as NOT selected, so I stopped checking that number and applied again. When I came to check the status in May 2022, I decided to double-check from prior year one more time, that is when I discovered that apparently I was selected, but what was so weird is that it was “backdated” to 6/6/21. By the time I completed DS-260, I lost too much time…
What I don’t understand is how come in October 2021, the records didn’t reflect June 2021 selectee?

Hi Susie, yes, when I checked in October 2021, the status was still showing as NOT selected, so I stopped checking that number and applied again. When I came to check the status in May 2022, I decided to double-check from prior year one more time, that is when I discovered that apparently I was selected, but what was so weird is that it was “backdated” to 6/6/21. By the time I completed DS-260, I lost too much time…
What I don’t understand is how come in October 2021, the records didn’t reflect June 2021 selectee?
They do have a second selection round in some years, and it is usually in October if it happens, so it is possible you just checked a little too early, or maybe it was later than usual this year. I have no insight as to what the date on the second selection letter usually is though. The actual sad thing is that you should have had enough time to process AOS in time if you had found this site and mom’s spreadsheet then and understood the process, Well, maybe you’ll get lucky in another DV year, it happens sometimes.

My family of 5 got our Case was Approved message this morning, after an appointment at the LA Field Office yesterday, Monday 26. We were so stressed about the deadline approaching but they turned it around very quickly. The field office was very empty and our interview was quick and straightforward. Our very nice interviewer looked at all our passports and the birth certificates for my husband and I as well as our marriage certificate. He didn't look at any originals for our three teenagers. He did say some interviewers want to see originals of everything.
I had some mistakes on our I-485 which worried me, but we just pointed them out and he changed them with no fuss. I had, somehow, not realized there were instructions for the I-485, which are obviously EXTREMELY useful.
Thanks all for all your help and those who have interviews this week don't worry, it can happen very quickly! This is such a wonderful resource!!!

My status just said "case was approved", but I could see in my case history - the next tab on the USCIS page - that they had ordered my new card.