• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Only

Hi all!
Question for you . I was a 2022 lottery winner, i filed for i-485 in November 2021 and did finger printing in January 2022, but i have not had any updates up until now. will i lose the entire green card if i don't hear anything by the end of September 2022? or in other words in 10 days... ?
I would suggest first filling in the timeline. That would provide us with information to provide suggestions. For instance which field office is your case at? And also have you done any sort of follow-up so far? Or any other scenario for instance if you have a concurrent asylum case.

Last edited:
@Sm1smom First, God bless you. I will forever be grateful for the work you do. My status changed to "card is being produced" after I did a walk-in today at USCIS by myself as you had once advised me to try. Yesterday, I pleaded my case with my attorney's paralegal and I was told we have done everything we can for your case and there's nothing else they can do. I woke up, prayed, wrote a letter, and drove an hour to FO to either deliver the letter myself or to talk to the officer. At first, they told me they cannot help without an appointment but I was able to plead my case till one of the guards decided to talk to the officers. The manager pulled my case and they looked at it. We cleared all the confusion in my case and my derivative FTJ situation. After 2 hours the officer told me your case has been approved and drive safely. No interview was needed all they asked was where my child is and how he plans to process his case. Keep helping everyone you can. You are changing lives every day. This is your victory too.
Congrats on your approval! Every approval story in September makes my day! Especially if they’re as exciting as yours!

I would suggest first filling in the timeline. That would provide Ensuite information to provide to you suggestions. For instance which field office is your case at? And also have you done any sort of follow-up so far? Or any other scenario for instance if you have a concurrent asylum case.
My field office is in Helena Montana, i have been calling USCIS every week for a few months now. everytime they tell me it is processing and the timeline is normal. Teir 2 has been supposed to call me for weeks now and they just say i am in their call que, and because of covid they are slow.. On officer once told me that i dont need to worry about the end of september, But i dont think they were correct!
I even have a letter from USCIS on may 24th that they are processing and the timeline is normal. But i still called so many times!!

My field office is in Helena Montana, i have been calling USCIS every week for a few months now. everytime they tell me it is processing and the timeline is normal. Teir 2 has been supposed to call me for weeks now and they just say i am in their call que, and because of covid they are slow.. On officer once told me that i dont need to worry about the end of september, But i dont think they were correct!
I even have a letter from USCIS on may 24th that they are processing and the timeline is normal. But i still called so many times!!
Have you tried any congressional inquiries?

imo you need to go beyond uscis and get help from a congressperson or senator. If your green card is not approved by 30 September you will lose out.
What is your current status?

@Sm1smom First, God bless you. I will forever be grateful for the work you do. My status changed to "card is being produced" after I did a walk-in today at USCIS by myself as you had once advised me to try. Yesterday, I pleaded my case with my attorney's paralegal and I was told we have done everything we can for your case and there's nothing else they can do. I woke up, prayed, wrote a letter, and drove an hour to FO to either deliver the letter myself or to talk to the officer. At first, they told me they cannot help without an appointment but I was able to plead my case till one of the guards decided to talk to the officers. The manager pulled my case and they looked at it. We cleared all the confusion in my case and my derivative FTJ situation. After 2 hours the officer told me your case has been approved and drive safely. No interview was needed all they asked was where my child is and how he plans to process his case. Keep helping everyone you can. You are changing lives every day. This is your victory too.
Oh wow! Such great news. Congratulations. Glad to know you took matters into your own hands. Do keep us posted as to your kid’s FTJ outcome.

Guys my case was approved this morning. @Sm1smom Thank you. Thank you so much for all the information and knowledge you share.

I think it was the letter that did the job, thank you @Luna_k, upon your steps, I sent out the letter this Monday, it was delivered yesterday, Tuesday. My expedite request was also approved yesterday morning. I will update the timeline accordingly. Thank you everybody.

Guys my case was approved this morning. @Sm1smom Thank you. Thank you so much for all the information and knowledge you share.

I think it was the letter that did the job, thank you @Luna_k, upon your steps, I sent out the letter this Monday, it was delivered yesterday, Tuesday. My expedite request was also approved yesterday morning. I will update the timeline accordingly. Thank you everybody.
Great news! Congratulations.

Hey guys don't you think I can appeal based on the litigation ?

Attachments

• 1.jpeg
    1.jpeg
    650.6 KB · Views: 78
  • 2.png
    2.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 77
  • 3.png
    3.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 74
Hey guys don't you think I can appeal based on the litigation ?
If their contention that you fell out of status (at any time, ever) is correct then the denial is correct. You don’t have to accrue unlawful presence (which is what that lawsuit seems to be about, but I’m not a lawyer so can’t say for sure) - you just have to be out of status. They are not the same things.

But anyway you don’t have time to appeal or reopen - even if appeal is successful they can’t issue a DV based green card beyond the end of the fiscal year. (There is legal precedent for this but I don’t remember the case).

Sorry about this - hopefully you have another route to permanent residence available to you.

If their contention that you fell out of status (at any time, ever) is correct then the denial is correct. You don’t have to accrue unlawful presence (which is what that lawsuit seems to be about, but I’m not a lawyer so can’t say for sure) - you just have to be out of status. They are not the same things.

But anyway you don’t have time to appeal or reopen - even if appeal is successful they can’t issue a DV based green card beyond the end of the fiscal year. (There is legal precedent for this but I don’t remember the case).

Sorry about this - hopefully you have another route to permanent residence available to you.
I heard DV winners from 2020 are still eyeing for GC. Does a timely filed appeal make any difference ?

I heard DV winners from 2020 are still eyeing for GC. Does a timely filed appeal make any difference ?
That’s a consular process with a lawsuit for an entirely different reason and tbh (I’m the minority on this forum but ) I’d be surprised if any of those people get their visas.

The judgement in the case I mentioned earlier was that no green card can be issued past the end of the DV year, even if USCIS was at fault (which it was in the case I am thinking of and I don’t believe it is in yours). Maybe mom, who seems to have a much better memory than me, will remember the case name.