• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Only

Hi Friends,

Today my case has been updated to "new card is being produced". First of all thank you very much @Sm1smom @SusieQQQ @Blade_ and everyone.. I became a member of the group recently, by following the questions and answers, I became informed about many subjects. While going through difficult times, I was happy with your news and you gave me hope. I wish all my friends' dreams come true and I wish all of us success and happiness in our new lives.
Congrats! Best wishes for you!

Congratulations! Great news and thanks for sharing.
Just a question. Do you think having a congressional inquiry helped or was it just the timeline of the FO? I’ve already submitted an inquiry to the senator’s office, chatted with a live agent on Emma snd submitted a service request, and also have requested a call from a Tier 2 agent. Hopefully one of these will help speed up the process.
I think it is the congressional inquiry. The senator's response and case update happened on the same day.

At this point, I honestly think you should follow your instincts. Send a direct expedite request to your FO if you like, you will not be penalized for that. You can also follow up with your senator’s office on Monday or wait for the week 4 point before doing so, follow your instinct.
Hey Mom,

I wanted to let you know that I received my green card today. I did not accept any other form of letters though. Is that normal ?

Thank you for all the help.

Hey Mom,

I wanted to let you know that I received my green card today. I did not accept any other form of letters though. Is that normal ?

Thank you for all the help.
I’m guessing you got approved without an interview like I predicted? An approval letter may or may not show up, no problem if it doesn’t. Congratulations. Do remember to update the timeline spreadsheet if you’re yet to do so.

Hi All. I am about to send out the application for my wife ( almost a hail mary at this point...) but I was not able to find on https://www.uscis.gov/forms/all-for...register-permanent-residence-or-adjust-status
the correct address for the Chicago lockbox where I sent my package. Did they remove it or did they change the lockbox where applications should be sent? Thanks!
Please use this link
Click on MOST COMMON REASON FOR FILLING FORM I-485 (First drop down)
At the bottom you will find the link

Please use this link
Click on MOST COMMON REASON FOR FILLING FORM I-485 (First drop down)
At the bottom you will find the link
Are you sure this is correct? the link at the bottom takes at a page that is titled "

USCIS Lockbox Filing Locations Chart for Certain Family-Based Forms

"

So in my case (based in VA) I should be filling at USCIS Elgin Lockbox?

For my application I filed at the Chicago Lockbox, when did this change?

Are you sure this is correct? the link at the bottom takes at a page that is titled "

USCIS Lockbox Filing Locations Chart for Certain Family-Based Forms

"

So in my case (based in VA) I should be filling at USCIS Elgin Lockbox?

For my application I filed at the Chicago Lockbox, when did this change?
It says they have updated on 08/02/2022. In the category MOST COMMON REASON FOR FILLING FORM I-485 covers the DV cases. I think it falls parallel with Family based filling.
This is what it says:
"Most Common Reasons for Filing Form I-485
Use the applicable address in this section if you are filing as:
  • A spouse, parent, or unmarried son or daughter (under age 21) of a U.S. citizen with either an approved Form I-130 or you are filing Form I-485 together with Form I-130;
  • A beneficiary of an approved Form I-130, filed by a qualifying relative;
  • A spouse or child of an immigrant who has applied for adjustment of status or has been granted lawful permanent residence through a family sponsored visa category that allows derivative status for spouses and children;
  • A K-1 fiancé(e) (or K-2 dependent) whose Form I-485 is based on an approved Form I-129F;
  • A beneficiary of an accepted, approved or concurrently filed Form I-360 classified as an Amerasian, a widow(er) of a U.S. citizen who died within the past two years, a Special Immigrant Juvenile, or a special immigrant armed forces member;
  • An applicant, including the spouse or child of a qualifying Cuban principal applicant, who is eligible under the Cuban Adjustment Act of Nov. 2, 1966. (Select the first box labeled “The Cuban Adjustment Act” under 1.f. Special Programs Based on Certain Public Laws in Part 2 of Form I-485. Do not select the second box labeled “The Cuban Adjustment Act for battered spouses and children” unless you are an abused spouse or abused child.);
  • A registry applicant filing Form I-485 based on continuous residence in the U.S. since before Jan. 1, 1972;
  • A diversity lottery winner eligible to file Form I-485;
  • A public interest parolee from certain former Soviet and Southeast Asian countries filing Form I-485 under Pub. L. 101-167 (the “Lautenberg Amendment”);
  • A registry applicant filing Form I-485 based on birth in the U.S. to a foreign diplomat officer;
  • A former diplomat filing Form I-485 under section 13 of the Immigration Act of 1957; or
  • An applicant who is a beneficiary of a private bill.
Go to our USCIS Lockbox Filing Locations Chart for Certain Family-Based Forms page for the filing address based on where you live."

Is there a step-by-step process on how I do this? Perhaps someone has experience or there's a previous post?
Hey, did you end up working this out? I'm one of the other E3s in NYC that is going through the process roughly on the same timeline as you, and I've been following your case feeling pretty heartbroken that you haven't heard anything. Would love to know if you end up resolving this! :(

Hi,

Today my and my wife's case has been updated to "new card is being produced." Thank you very much to @Sm1smom @SusieQQQ , and everyone for the help and suggestions. Hopefully @Dr.Mikeleecooper @Nashka will get your updates soon! I am keeping my fingers crossed for you guys.

And best wishes to the applicants who are still waiting for the decisions!
@hl2915

I'm so happy for you! Congratulations!! It's been a very long wait!

Hi,

Does changing an address affect processing time?

On July 16, my bio was done. I moved and changed the address in July 30 from NY to Dallas, Tx. Its been almost 40 days and no change in case status or any mail. All I got was an email confirmation after changing an address. Usually, Dallas processing time is within 30 days, from past cases.

Hello Sm1smom and everyone !

I am asking for your advice on behalf of my friend, so he is the winner of DV 2022 with case # EU20*** and is residing in US with pending asylum case while his family is back in his home country. Last August he filed DS-260 for the whole family where clearly indicated that he is doing AOS and wife with the kids will be following him (FTJ) He got current in April and sent the AOS package to USCIS in May, had BIO on 3 of June. Yesterday he got an e-mail from KCC that an interview was scheduled for him and his family on 19th of September but in Warsaw, Poland . USCIS tier 2 officer knows nothing about that and asked him to contact with KCC which he did. What else can be done in this weird situation? Thank you in advance !

Hi,

Does changing an address affect processing time?

On July 16, my bio was done. I moved and changed the address in July 30 from NY to Dallas, Tx. Its been almost 40 days and no change in case status or any mail. All I got was an email confirmation after changing an address. Usually, Dallas processing time is within 30 days, from past cases.
An address change after sending in the AOS package is usually not a good idea. If the decision to change your address was because you observed Dallas TX is waiving AOS interview for DV based applications, you've probably caused some unnecessary and additional delay for your case. So don't rely on the observed 30 days processing for cases in Dallas you're referencing, USCIS will not immediately transfer your case from NY to TX based on the change of address you filed online. It can take a while before the system gets updated with the change of address. If your case file already got transferred to the NY FO before your change of address gets noticed, the IO assigned to your case in the NY FO will need to review your it first before transferring it to the Dallas TX FO for adjudication, from where it goes to the back of the pile regardless of when you originally filed the application.

Hello Sm1smom and everyone !

I am asking for your advice on behalf of my friend, so he is the winner of DV 2022 with case # EU20*** and is residing in US with pending asylum case while his family is back in his home country. Last August he filed DS-260 for the whole family where clearly indicated that he is doing AOS and wife with the kids will be following him (FTJ) He got current in April and sent the AOS package to USCIS in May, had BIO on 3 of June. Yesterday he got an e-mail from KCC that an interview was scheduled for him and his family on 19th of September but in Warsaw, Poland . USCIS tier 2 officer knows nothing about that and asked him to contact with KCC which he did. What else can be done in this weird situation? Thank you in advance !
1. Are you certain your friend selected AOS for himself on his DS260 form? Did you see the DS260 form to confirm he indeed selected AOS for himself? AFAIK, KCC has never made the mistake of of scheduling a CP interview when the selectee indicates they're processing AOS.
2. How long as your friend being in the US with Asylum pending?

USCIS wouldn't know anything about a KCC scheduled interview, so no surprise about the Tier 2 agent's response. Your friend will need to sort this out with KCC by email. If your friend has proof he originally selected AOS for himself (and FTJ for his family), he should send that to the KCC and let them know his case file should not have been sent to Warsaw, Poland for a CP interview.

An address change after sending in the AOS package is usually not a good idea. If the decision to change your address was because you observed Dallas TX is waiving AOS interview for DV based applications, you've probably caused some unnecessary and additional delay for your case. So don't rely on the observed 30 days processing for cases in Dallas you're referencing, USCIS will not immediately transfer your case from NY to TX based on the change of address you filed online. It can take a while before the system gets updated with the change of address. If your case file already got transferred to the NY FO before your change of address gets noticed, the IO assigned to your case in the NY FO will need to review your it first before transferring it to the Dallas TX FO for adjudication, from where it goes to the back of the pile regardless of when you originally filed the application.
Thank you for your detail update. I moved to TX after I filed my AOS (not because Dallas was processing faster, because I'm starting my grad school here). Is there any way to check which FO has my documents or is processing my documents? I tried Emma but she wasn't much of a help.