• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Only

Hi Mom and Susie,

I expect the answer is that I need to be more patient, though I wanted to ask how long I should wait to receive my interview notice given September is fast approaching and this is the cut-off. I had my biometrics appointment on the 27th of July, as reflected in the 2022 tracker. Thank you, and apologies for the very repetitive question.
Could you provide an update? We're on the same visa (E-3) so if you've already been interviewed, would like some insight! Thanks.

Just talked to someone at 800-375-5283 on an 7th attempt after waiting for about an hour. she said my case is at the field office. thats the only info I got out of her. guess the waiting game continues..

Hi all, my IL states that I should provide my high school diploma (or equivalent) or evidence of two years of experience. As the original copy of my high school diploma is currently stuck in mail, would my university transcripts suffice? Apologies if this question has already been asked.

Edit: It seems like I can show 2+ years evidence of work experience in addition to my bachelors and postgraduate degrees which are required to perform my duties.

Last edited:
Today we had our Interview at Louisville field office in KY.

We were scheduled for 9.15 a.m. and we arrived around 8.45 a.m. The IO took us around 9 o' clock. He interviewed both me and my husband together. First he went through the biographic data in I485 and Yes/No questions. He was super nice and friendly. Altogether interview took around half an hour. He took the original DV fee payment receipt but did not check any other documents.
After the interview he said everything is okay and he is going to approve our case but he needs to check the visa availability. While he was walking out of his office he congratulated us.

Still USCIS account doesn't show any update and we are waiting for it to update. Fingers crossed !!!

My wife and I had an interview at San Jose FO on 07/26. The IO was very friendly and knowledgeable. We went through the basic personal questions and all the yes/no questions and showed the originals of our birth and marriage certificates. Everything took about 20 minutes.

However, we had a problem. The IO said they couldn't read my wife's fingerprints (she has a skin disease), so they couldn't complete her background check. They sent us to the ASC the same day to try again, but the fingerprints were still unclassifiable. The next day, the IO called my wife and asked her to provide police clearance certificates from current and previous places of residence. To get police clearance, we need a letter from USCIS requesting this. I guess this is called RFE? The IO said we could find this letter in my wife's online account. We checked the account, but the letter is not there. The status hasn't been updated since the 'Fingerprint fee was received' stage. I hope the IO also mailed a letter via USPS, but it may take a while to arrive.
1. Is it typical not to see RFE in the online account, or are we just looking in the wrong place?
2. Is there a faster way to get a copy of the letter than waiting for USPS, like through the USCIS Contact Center?
I know I need to be patient, but getting all clearances may take a long time, so I want to start doing it as soon as possible.
Update: My wife provided police clearance certificates to USCIS, and we received our Green Cards this week!
Thank you, @Sm1smom, @Britsimon, @SusieQQQ, and everyone else who contributed to this forum and the spreadsheet! We couldn't have done this on our own. I admire and appreciate your willingness to donate your time and knowledge to this community! You are truly wonderful people!

Update: My wife provided police clearance certificates to USCIS, and we received our Green Cards this week!
Thank you, @Sm1smom, @Britsimon, @SusieQQQ, and everyone else who contributed to this forum and the spreadsheet! We couldn't have done this on our own. I admire and appreciate your willingness to donate your time and knowledge to this community! You are truly wonderful people!
That is great. Congratulations and thanks for the update. Quick follow up question, did you eventually get the RFE by mail or it was uploaded?

That is great. Congratulations and thanks for the update. Quick follow up question, did you eventually get the RFE by mail or it was uploaded?
We got the RFE by mail. There were no documents uploaded in the online account. Also, it took two days for online status to get updated after the case was approved.

Could you provide an update? We're on the same visa (E-3) so if you've already been interviewed, would like some insight! Thanks.
Hi! I STILL haven't received my interview notice. Getting super nervous.

Mom and Susie, I made a copy of the 2022 tracker and made a new column to check the number of days between getting the interview notice and taking biometrics. They range 2 days to around 60+ days. I'm really worried as people who submitted their package below me in NY seem to have already received an interview date for late August. Isn't the cut off for interviews August? Please would love some insight on what I could do. My package was VERY detailed and organized. I feel like I've done everything right and I don't want to miss out.

IMG_5892.JPG67728717099__7D291A54-7463-482F-8B11-FCC6B653F73B.JPG

Good morning folks
After several sleepless nights and worries today my case finally changed to "New Card Is Being Produced", can't really described how happy I am.
Representative and Senator inquiries has been made and yesterday I asked for Tier2 agent callback via Emma but I got my update according to other folks timelines in my San Antonio, FO (~1 month after bio).
Thank you very much guys, especially @Sm1smom for helping us in this difficult moral journey.

Wish everyone patience and best of luck to see updates like this on their case numbers.

ps: I did some analyze on pasts FY. My personal thoughts is what really important - Issued visas, I assume there are no "hard" allocation for CP cases. In terms of Issued visas we are behind comparing to other FY and not even close to 2017 (In Aug 15 - 42k vs 34k). It calmed me down a bit.

Last edited:
Good morning folks
After several sleepless nights and worries today my case finally changed to "New Card Is Being Produced", can't really described how happy I am.
Representative and Senator inquiries has been made and yesterday I asked for Tier2 agent callback via Emma but I got my update according to other folks timelines in my San Antonio, FO (~1 month after bio).
Thank you very much guys, especially @Sm1smom for helping us in this difficult moral journey.

Wish everyone patience and best of luck to see updates like this on their case numbers.

ps: I did some analyze on pasts FY. My personal thoughts is what really important - Issued visas, I assume there are no "hard" allocation for CP cases. In terms of Issued visas we are behind comparing to other FY and not even close to 2017 (In Aug 15 - 42k vs 34k). It calmed me down a bit.
Congratulations! This must be a great feeling. Wish you luck in your future endeavors. Hopefully, the rest of us get the same update as yours.

Good morning folks

That’s such amazing news!!!!! Congrats!

Good morning folks

Congratulations. Great way to start a Friday morning :)

Good morning folks

Congratulations my friend, i am on the q :)

Hi @Sm1smom and everyone else,
I just came back from interview. It's was quite straightforward and easy. The officer was so welcoming.

I am so thankful to you @Sm1smom and other concerned fellows here. I had very stressful time last four months. I hope you will all get your processes done.

Thanks again
Congratulations on getting the interview completed. Has your case been approved or you're still waiting for that update?