• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Only

yes I also wonder this as it was from a different number / didn't ask for the code - has anyone else had this happen?
It isn't unusual for an IO to call (unprompted) to request a missing document (if they're planning on approving without an interview), or to provide a heads-up about their intention to deny an application (due to early filing).

You can do what I did. After I responded to RFE, I submitted e-request for not receiving approval by mail. And in the last status update part, I wrote the date I responded to RFE. The next day after the e-request, my case was approved.
Hi,

The above post from gg96 is from the prior year. gg96 did the AOS through Newark, NJ field office. Based on the post, gg96 e-requested for not receiving approval notice by mail. And the next day, after the e-request, the case was approved.

Since I've completed my interview and bio, I recalled that the immigration officer said everything was ok for my case.

Does anyone in the forum recommend e-request for not receiving the approval notice by mail? Thank you.

@Dr.Mikeleecooper @Nashka the post is also for your reference

Congrats on that. Can I learn whether the congress office directed your inquiry to Embassy or USCIS or to both at the same time? When I asked helped before for some other purpose, they want to know which office to contact and they made me sign different papers for different agencies for the same problem. All the best @m_abdulhafez
Hi, FTJ wife here.
As soon as the main applicant's NOA was sent out, I called the embassy myself to give them an update and ask them to contact the USCIS to obtain my file. They then asked me to email the NOA and other DV documents so that they can escalate the issue to the immigration visa division. Things started moving after that. Hope this helps!

Finally a great update from someone in LA. I also tried calling like you but it didn’t go through. I think your case filed back in April. So, that’s why the officer called you. Did she ask why you want to get a tier 2 call? Hope you get your green card soon.
Hi! So she didn’t ask me a reason why I asked for the call, but one week ago when I requested a call the officer asked me a reason. And yes, I sent my document back in March.

while initiating the inquiry the form ask "the date when filed". which date should I use, the date I signed the form, mailed the form, delivered date or the date on receipt ?
thank you

while initiating the inquiry the form ask "the date when filed". which date should I use, the date I signed the form, mailed the form, delivered date or the date on receipt ?
thank you
Your filed date is the date as listed on your NOA receipt.

Hi everyone! Just want to update you that I sent my medical form scans yesterday and got an email from officer today that she received it. Also, I checked my case status this morning and it changed to "New Card Is Being Produced". Just want to thank everyone for your suggestions and support. Hopefully everyone will get their green cards really soon!

Hi everyone! Just want to update you that I sent my medical form scans yesterday and got an email from officer today that she received it. Also, I checked my case status this morning and it changed to "New Card Is Being Produced". Just want to thank everyone for your suggestions and support. Hopefully everyone will get their green cards really soon!
Congratulations. Do update the timeline spreadsheet please.

Hi @Sm1smom , both my husband and I's application were approved on the same day last week, we both received approval letters yesterday and he received his green card in the mail today. I checked the case status update and mine is still just saying "case approved" last updated August 10th, nothing about a card being ordered. His says "Card Was Picked Up By The United States Postal Service" and the card obviously arrived today. He was the DV winner, so I'm not sure if that impacts anything or it is normal for the to be processed separately. Is this normal or should I call my FO?

Thank you so much!

So yesterday I was trying to contact Emma about my parents' case
it seems that she keep redirecting me to articles
and I keep typing talk to agent
Is there a new way to bypass that?

Hi @Sm1smom , both my husband and I's application were approved on the same day last week, we both received approval letters yesterday and he received his green card in the mail today. I checked the case status update and mine is still just saying "case approved" last updated August 10th, nothing about a card being ordered. His says "Card Was Picked Up By The United States Postal Service" and the card obviously arrived today. He was the DV winner, so I'm not sure if that impacts anything or it is normal for the to be processed separately. Is this normal or should I call my FO?

Thank you so much!
Quite normal. Although you filed as his derivative, your applications gets treated separately.

Hi again everybody I have a question: I arrived to USA in september 2021 with a B1-B2 visa and got my green card in july 27 2022 after AOS, is there any trouble if I travel abroad let said this friday? Thanks in advance.

Hi again everybody I have a question: I arrived to USA in september 2021 with a B1-B2 visa and got my green card in july 27 2022 after AOS, is there any trouble if I travel abroad let said this friday? Thanks in advance.
You're an LPR. What kind of trouble would you expect?

A quick question regarding the number of available visas. As far as I know, each country has a limited number of available visas. Regarding this, and considering the fact that my country (Iran) could not reach the visa capacity, should I be worried about the availability of visas by the end of the fiscal year? @Sm1smom

A quick question regarding the number of available visas. As far as I know, each country has a limited number of available visas. Regarding this, and considering the fact that my country (Iran) could not reach the visa capacity, should I be worried about the availability of visas by the end of the fiscal year? @Sm1smom
While there are checks and balances in place to ensure no country receives more than a certain quota of the overall available visas, it does not mean visas are reserved per country basis. So every pending AOSer at this point should be concerned about visa availability.

I travelled out of country 2 months after getting my GC - no such requirements. Only thing to watch out is how much long you stay out of the country ( 6 month rule) when you are LPR