• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Only

Hey, I had my interview 2 weeks ago and no reply yet. Very weird because I saw last year BK FO gave answers same day after the interview or at least one week after. I am thinking maybe it is related to this visa pre-allocation situation. Hopefully you all have your IL and approval soon.
Have you contacted senators office to have your interview scheduled?

Hey, I had my interview 2 weeks ago and no reply yet. Very weird because I saw last year BK FO gave answers same day after the interview or at least one week after. I am thinking maybe it is related to this visa pre-allocation situation. Hopefully you all have your IL and approval soon.
whats the visa-pre-allocation situation?

That is rather interesting considering there is another Lawrence MA case listed on the Timeline spreadsheet, it was an early filing (current in May, package received in April - 4/24), which got approved without an interview. Filing a new application concurrently with a pending appeal could further complicate this case.

I need you clarify precisely what you did though:
1. Did you file an actual appeal or you initiated a congressional assistance?
2. If you filed an appeal, did you submit an I-290B Notice of Appeal or Motion and included the $675 filing fee?

Yes I submitted I-290 B but with fee waiver form. I also initiated a congressional assistance for the denied application. After 2 days I felt time is running so I sent a new AOS package. What do you think the worst could be happened?

@Sm1smom
Just got an update from my representative inquiry
They confirmed that USCIS aware of my case and its deadline 30 September.

Congressman has asked that I initiate an inquiry on your behalf with the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). Although he cannot guarantee a particular outcome, he is pleased to take this action to assure that you are given every possible consideration. We must allow all federal agencies a minimum of 60 days to issue an interim to final response to our inquiry before we may request additional status.

Please bear in mind that a member of Congress cannot force an agency to expedite your case or to act in your favor; however, we will do our best to help you receive a timely response. As soon as the Congressman receives a response to his inquiry, I will be back in touch with you.
and also Congressman caseworker mention on a phone call that we don't have to bother USCIS with updates on our inquiry cause it will slow down the process as they have to pull and review case.
I also submit help from Senator but didn't hear anything back yet (probably not yet working on my case)
Do you think this two request will delay each other ? or it's better to cancel Senator's submitted request ?

whats the visa-pre-allocation situation?
Hey, maybe I explained myself wrong or used the wrong term. Well, couple of members of our forums mentioned that this year we are coming very very close to the situation that we ran out of visas and we are very close to the limit (I am sorry I have no idea about the exact numbers and don't follow how many visas were issued or left). Then couple moderators, I believe Simon and Susie mentioned that it really looks like this year visas can be pre-allocated before the end of the fiscal year, that's why they suggested to start doing something and try to expedite interviews for AOSers. So regular DV applicant have their visas pre-allocated for them but we don't and our IO only can request visas for us after the interview (correct me someone if I am wrong). So there is the possibility that we can have our interviews but still be declined because no more visas left.

Simon also mentioned that at the beginning of September there can be a pool of available visas because some DV applicants abroad can be declined their visas or simply don't attend their interview during August. And we AOSers can have our visas from this pool. But this pool also works for DV applicants abroad and their interviews can be scheduled using this pool.

I explained it messy but this is what I understand from recent messages on the forum. Mom left the link to 2017 thread and I've read it and the case was that somewhere in the middle of September there was no available visas left and everyone's case was declined.

FYI: Guys, I don't want to stress anyone or create panic. Just answering the question

Yes I submitted I-290 B but with fee waiver form. I also initiated a congressional assistance for the denied application. After 2 days I felt time is running so I sent a new AOS package. What do you think the worst could be happened?
If you had asked, I would have told you not to bother with the I-290B - the average processing time for that could be anywhere between 90 to 180 days. Aside from the average processing time which is obviously not in your favor, I expect the I-290B to either get rejected or eventually denied due to the fee waiver as I do not think you were eligible for it or was your initial I-485 filed with a fee waiver?

@Sm1smom
Just got an update from my representative inquiry
They confirmed that USCIS aware of my case and its deadline 30 September.

and also Congressman caseworker mention on a phone call that we don't have to bother USCIS with updates on our inquiry cause it will slow down the process as they have to pull and review case.
I also submit help from Senator but didn't hear anything back yet (probably not yet working on my case)
Do you think this two request will delay each other ? or it's better to cancel Senator's submitted request ?
It is already submitted, you might as well leave it in place.

Hi, our case No 2022AF16xxx, package was received on Jun 23, 2022 - acceptant on Jul 11, 2022 - Bio letter received on Jul 29, 2022 - Bio dated and taken on Aug 8, 2022
But, till now we didn't get the interview notice letter, is it normal?
We file to Philadelphia, PA, me my wife and my son 6years old,
Please let me know if I should take any action,
Regards,

Hey, maybe I explained myself wrong or used the wrong term. Well, couple of members of our forums mentioned that this year we are coming very very close to the situation that we ran out of visas and we are very close to the limit (I am sorry I have no idea about the exact numbers and don't follow how many visas were issued or left). Then couple moderators, I believe Simon and Susie mentioned that it really looks like this year visas can be pre-allocated before the end of the fiscal year, that's why they suggested to start doing something and try to expedite interviews for AOSers. So regular DV applicant have their visas pre-allocated for them but we don't and our IO only can request visas for us after the interview (correct me someone if I am wrong). So there is the possibility that we can have our interviews but still be declined because no more visas left.
I am quite certain neither Simon nor Susie mentioned visas could be pre-allocated to AOSers this year, you probably misread what they wrote.

Hi, our case No 2022AF16xxx, package was received on Jun 23, 2022 - acceptant on Jul 11, 2022 - Bio letter received on Jul 29, 2022 - Bio dated and taken on Aug 8, 2022
But, till now we didn't get the interview notice letter, is it normal?
We file to Philadelphia, PA, me my wife and my son 6years old,
Please let me know if I should take any action,
Regards,
Hi there, I’m also in Philadelphia and completed my bio on July 14, still haven’t received Interview letter. Have you looked at the timeline spreadsheet?

Simon also mentioned that at the beginning of September there can be a pool of available visas because some DV applicants abroad can be declined their visas or simply don't attend their interview during August. And we AOSers can have our visas from this pool. But this pool also works for DV applicants abroad and their interviews can be scheduled using this pool.

I explained it messy but this is what I understand from recent messages on the forum. Mom left the link to 2017 thread and I've read it and the case was that somewhere in the middle of September there was no available visas left and everyone's case was declined.

FYI: Guys, I don't want to stress anyone or create panic. Just answering the question

Oh yea aware of this. As far as I can tell by the spreadsheet, nobody going through the Brooklyn FO has been issued a visa at all yet right?

I am quite certain neither Simon nor Susie mentioned visas could be pre-allocated to AOSers this year, you probably misread what they wrote.
I think what the poster meant was visas being fully preallocated to CP and none being left for AOS.
Of course we didn’t say this would happen, but that it might

If you had asked, I would have told you not to bother with the I-290B - the average processing time for that could be anywhere between 90 to 180 days. Aside from the average processing time which is obviously not in your favor, I expect the I-290B to either get rejected or eventually denied due to the fee waiver as I do not think you were eligible for it or was your initial I-485 filed with a fee waiver?
No for both I485 applications I sent money orders.

Coz I just sent a new I-485 package one more time to not waste more time with the appeal and I sent money order too.