• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Only

Is it possible that some field offices may have stopped scheduling interviews altogether knowing that the available visas are low?

@Nashka

Hi, did you send it to Senator Cory Booker's office? If yes, the normal processing time for dealing with emails at Booker's office is 2-3 weeks. It would be better to call the office after you email them so they can get their attention to your email. Once or twice a week would be fine (973) 639-8700, (856) 338-8922
Thank you @hl2915 - I'll call them today! Have you received a call back from Tier 2 agent? Any news?

Thank you for your response.

1. For the case transfer request from NSC to NBC (which was purely the USCIS mistake), I had contacted the local congressman's office for help and they didn't receive any response from the USCIS at all after submitting the request twice (the second time after 30 days). Do you recommend contacting the same congressman's office (which is located less than 5 minutes away from the local Field Office, if this matters), or contacting the office of one of the NY senators this time (or both congressman and senator's offices)?

2. In my requests, do I need to mention the previous USCIS transfer mistake (and submitting both NOAs, original notices and case transfer notices) or just focus on the current situation of our cases to reduce complications and keep it simple?

3. Since DV cases apparently do not have a clear Processing Time or deadline on their public website (and internal system?), what kind of document do you recommend that I can attach to support my request? Is there any document more formal than the 2NL?
1. Use the Senator's office this time around.
2. Keep it simple. Focus on the current situation, long overdue IL and the fast approaching FY end (plus the potential for DV based visas to run out before the end of the FY).
3. Susie provided a useful link above. In addition, @esahines provided a direct quote from the USCIS's website itself - here's the link to that (under the "Other Consideration" drop down tab):

4. Another official deadline source is the "Early Filing Memo" which says:
"Since, by statute, DV visas expire at the end of a given fiscal year, a DV adjustment applicant’s Form I-485 (including principals and any of their derivatives) must be adjudicated and approved on or before September 30 of the relevant fiscal year."

@Sm1smom
Hello Mom!

I called USCIS last Wednesday and made a request for officer calling me back, but haven't hear anything from them since then. Should I call them again and make a request again, or if I do so my previous request will be overwritten?

Thank you
Did they indicate when you're likely to get the call back when you requested it last week? You can always call again, no guarantee they will be willing to schedule a Tier-2 call back for you. They're often reluctant to do so.

Did they indicate when you're likely to get the call back when you requested it last week? You can always call again, no guarantee they will be willing to schedule a Tier-2 call back for you. They're often reluctant to do so.
Thank you for you reply! They did not gave mr specific timeline, they just said that the officer may call me and gave mr the phone number they will call me and the code to say to them.

Is it possible that some field offices may have stopped scheduling interviews altogether knowing that the available visas are low?
Of course not. Visas being low is not the same as non-availability. And even then, the IO wouldn't know if they've run out of visas or not until when they are ready to approve the case, which is when they request the visa for DV AOS cases.

Of course not. Visas being low is not the same as non-availability. And even then, the IO wouldn't know if they've run out of visas or not until when they are ready to approve the case, which is when they request the visa for DV AOS cases.
Thank you! Even if someone were to be denied due to visa availability, would they still proceed with interviews after that?

Thank you! Even if someone were to be denied due to visa availability, would they still proceed with interviews after that?
Again, the only way the IO will no if there are no more visas will be when they are ready to approve the case - which could be without an interview (for FOs currently waiving the interview), or after the interview has been concluded.

Are you asking if they would continue a scheduled interview after someone has been refused for a DV for lack of visa availability after interviewing at the same FO? I’d be surprised.
Mom may correct me if I’m wrong because I can only recall one year they ran out of visas for all cases and some AOS cases got denied, and I may be confusing it with people who got their CP interviews cancelled, but I seem to recall a memo was sent to FOs informing them that there were no more visas? Mom, wasn’t there someone who posted that their AOS interview was cancelled? I am sure it was DV2017 but apparently I suck at searching properly.

Are you asking if they would continue a scheduled interview after someone has been refused for a DV for lack of visa availability after interviewing at the same FO? I’d be surprised.
Mom may correct me if I’m wrong because I can only recall one year they ran out of visas for all cases and some AOS cases got denied, and I may be confusing it with something else, but I seem to recall a memo was sent to FOs informing them that there were no more visas? Mom, wasn’t there someone who posted that their AOS interview was cancelled? I am sure it was 2017 but apparently I suck at searching properly.
1. Yes this is what I mean - if someone was denied because of visa availability, could they schedule or proceed with later unrelated DV cases?

2. If all (I know we don't know if it is all or just most, but hypothetically if it's all) visas have been assigned for the Aug + September CP interviews, would AOSers in August be getting recycled visa numbers?
3. If Aug AOSers are using recycled visa numbers, could they be used up by the end of the month therefore triggering denials due to visa availability in August, even though September will have a fresh batch of available recycled visas?

I know this is overthinking, apologies if this is confusing.

and one more question:
If AOS case has been refused due to unavailable visas in August, but considering visa will be available after recycling in Early september
What can we do in this case, is there a chance to be re-reviewed after rejection ?

1. Yes this is what I mean - if someone was denied because of visa availability, could they schedule or proceed with later unrelated DV cases?

2. If all (I know we don't know if it is all or just most, but hypothetically if it's all) visas have been assigned for the Aug + September CP interviews, would AOSers in August be getting recycled visa numbers?
3. If Aug AOSers are using recycled visa numbers, could they be used up by the end of the month therefore triggering denials due to visa availability in August, even though September will have a fresh batch of available recycled visas?

I know this is overthinking, apologies if this is confusing.
1. Why would they, is the question I would ask?

For 2 and 3 i would refer you to Simon’s previous posts on this. I have never heard of anyone regardless cp or AOS being denied in august for lack of visa number.

My two previous responses omitted another instance of when or how the IOs may know visas are no longer available, apologies for that. The DOS may send a Memo to all the FOs informing them there are no more visas available. In such instance, they will stop scheduling new interviews and send out denial notice to all the other pending cases as we've seen in the past.

Mom may correct me if I’m wrong because I can only recall one year they ran out of visas for all cases and some AOS cases got denied, and I may be confusing it with people who got their CP interviews cancelled, but I seem to recall a memo was sent to FOs informing them that there were no more visas? Mom, wasn’t there someone who posted that their AOS interview was cancelled? I am sure it was DV2017 but apparently I suck at searching properly.
Yes indeed, that happened in DV 2017. Thanks Susie for jogging my memory. A DV2017 AOSer reported receipt of the below interview cancellation email message from their FO on September 14th:

"On Friday, September 8, 2017, the US Department of State released a memorandum effective immediately informing that no further authorizations will be made in response to requests for Diversity Visa (DV) cases for the remainder of fiscal year 2017 because the maximum level of numbers which were available for use on a worldwide basis for DV applicants during fiscal year 2017 had been reached."

Link to DV 2017 thread (from page 187 to be precise) for anyone interested in reading more about reports from the above referenced case and others subsequently denied due to visa exhaustion (following the DOS Memo).

p.s. I'm not trying to create panic for those still waiting to be scheduled or waiting to attend their interview, this is more of an attempt at creating an awareness of what could happen.

@Sm1smom Thank you so much, Mom! This is super helpful! Is my understanding correct but this can relate not only to those who are currently "waiting to be scheduled/waiting to attend their interview" but also to those who had their interview already but there was no decision yet? Meaning that even in these cases visas are not reserved for those who already had their interviews. Thank you!

@Sm1smom Thank you so much, Mom! This is super helpful! Is my understanding correct but this can relate not only to those who are currently "waiting to be scheduled/waiting to attend their interview" but also to those who had their interview already but there was no decision yet? Meaning that even in these cases visas are not reserved for those who already had their interviews. Thank you!
Correct. Read this and this (both posts are from the same person). You and all other DV2022 AOSers still waiting should really invest some time to read the DV2017 thread from page 187 like I earlier on recommended - I already included the link in my post to make it easier to find.

QUICK QUESTION.
When I log in to my CEAC (ds-260 form) its says my file is still with KCC. Since KCC do not process the ds-260 for AOSer, is that normal ?

Hello good people,
I just want to say thank you so so much for this forum. I can say that this is the most useful forum in existence. Thank you to the moderators of this forum for all the good work you do as well as the other responses. I am happy to report that my card "Card Was Picked Up By The United States Postal Service"
I wouldnt have done it without the help of the many responses and files in the AOS Excel sheet. I have sent a request to be able to edit and fill the excel sheet. Thanks people

Hello good people,
I just want to say thank you so so much for this forum. I can say that this is the most useful forum in existence. Thank you to the moderators of this forum for all the good work you do as well as the other responses. I am happy to report that my card "Card Was Picked Up By The United States Postal Service"
I wouldnt have done it without the help of the many responses and files in the AOS Excel sheet. I have sent a request to be able to edit and fill the excel sheet. Thanks people
Congratulations.