• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Only

Sorry, I didn't send in December but on April 1st when my EU number became current, bio walk in was on May 20, but scheduled in June and I didn't receive any interview waived notices and until yesterday I had only Biometrics fee received note since April when they cashed my cheques. You mixed me up with someone else. Also I tried unsuccessfully to call USCIS starting beginning of July and was getting answers just to wait or call them back in 3-6 months regarding my AOS. But I am sure it was just a coincidence. A congresswoman, ombudsman and senator only a week ago sent their requests following my emails and calls to them. I spoke a few times with each office (except ombudsman), but a real person with a name from ombudsman office emailed me back confirming that my request was processed. I am sure, it was just a coincidence and just right timing for me, it cannot be that USCIS would even open emails from them received only a few days ago and all of the sudden send me a message AOS was approved, and we have time until September 30 anyway. I will enter my info today or tomorrow to the excel file you have on this forum.
No, I did not mix you up with someone else. Yes, I know you did not become current or file in Dec. The dates I provided were about another case also from your FO. You actually misread my post and assumed the dates I provided were about your case. The dates are for a different case from the same FO as you. I provided the information about that case to show the timeline range is similar to yours and that it is not unusual for your FO to waive the interview. USCIS did not waive your interview because of the congressional or Ombudsman case follow up assistance you initiated in this case.

No, I did not mix you up with someone else. Yes, I know you did not become current or file in Dec. The dates I provided were about another case also from your FO. You actually misread my post and assumed the dates I provided were about your case. The dates are for a different case from the same FO as you. I provided the information about that case to show the timeline range is similar to yours and that it is not unusual for your FO to waive the interview. USCIS did not waive your interview because of the congressional or Ombudsman case follow up assistance you initiated in this case.
Great to know.

So they will be contacting your FO to follow up with them on your behalf.
You can write the FO directly if you like, not sure if it will be of any help. AFAIK, expedite requests typically get initiated by contacting the USCIS phone reps who forwards such requests (if they agree with the request) to the FO.

On a side note, your FO is quite familiar with DV based AOS cases, there’s another case on the timeline spreadsheet which already got approved without an interview. They will do whatever they can (when possible) to get the background check clearance in place the closer we get to the end of the FY.
Hey mom,
3 weeks have passed since I received my senator's office reply and they told me at that time that I should wait 4 weeks before sending them an inquiry. Would it be harmful if I sent them an email on Monday (the start of the 4th week) ?

I have also called USCIS and talked about my case. The agent said that my case is being processed and he asked me why I did not write to my FO for expedited processing. When I told him that I have reached for the senator and they initiated an inquiry, he went silent.

What would be my best next step ?
- Wishful waiting
- Send the FO and expedited processing request

Hey mom,
3 weeks have passed since I received my senator's office reply and they told me at that time that I should wait 4 weeks before sending them an inquiry. Would it be harmful if I sent them an email on Monday (the start of the 4th week) ?

I have also called USCIS and talked about my case. The agent said that my case is being processed and he asked me why I did not write to my FO for expedited processing. When I told him that I have reached for the senator and they initiated an inquiry, he went silent.

What would be my best next step ?
- Wishful waiting
- Send the FO and expedited processing request
At this point, I honestly think you should follow your instincts. Send a direct expedite request to your FO if you like, you will not be penalized for that. You can also follow up with your senator’s office on Monday or wait for the week 4 point before doing so, follow your instinct.

hello everyone
its been a month since they waived my bio. what is the next appropriate step beside waiting. (45 days till the end of fiscal year). Should I start calling USCIS ?

hello everyone
its been a month since they waived my bio. what is the next appropriate step beside waiting. (45 days till the end of fiscal year). Should I start calling USCIS ?
Take a look at spreadsheet timeline and try to provide some additional info about your case, field office, lockbox, etc

Take a look at spreadsheet timeline and try to provide some additional info about your case, field office, lockbox, etc
Well my package was delivered on 2nd july, bio was waived (notice says 15th July). after that nothing. additionally my visa current month is August. Field office Baltimore MD

hello everyone
Your FO is familiar with DV based AOS cases evidenced by the other two cases from the same FO which are listed on the Timeline spreadsheet. However, you most certainly can start following up, no harm in doing that now.

It all depends on the new FO and how they wish to handle such cases. They may waive the interview or schedule one if they deem it necessary.

@Sm1smom, I confirmed with two different agents that our cases are located in the local office (Long Island, Holtsville) as of 08/04/2022. Therefore, it seems the other agent last week (08/09) had given me incorrect information that the Memphis Field Office is processing our cases. Given that (1) our cases have been in the local Field Office for about 10 days, (2) there is no information in the forum about how this FO handles DV cases, and (3) only 45 days left, do you recommend waiting more (how long?) or initiating a congressional inquiry again, this time for scheduling the interviews. Thank you for your time.

P.S.: One of the Tier 1 agents mentioned that they cannot request an outside processing time request as this case is still considered within the processing times currently, and I have to submit an expedite request if I feel I meet those known criteria.

@Sm1smom, I confirmed with two different agents that our cases are located in the local office (Long Island, Holtsville) as of 08/04/2022. Therefore, it seems the other agent last week (08/09) had given me incorrect information that the Memphis Field Office is processing our cases. Given that (1) our cases have been in the local Field Office for about 10 days, (2) there is no information in the forum about how this FO handles DV cases, and (3) only 45 days left, do you recommend waiting more (how long?) or initiating a congressional inquiry again, this time for scheduling the interviews. Thank you for your time.

P.S.: One of the Tier 1 agents mentioned that they cannot request an outside processing time request as this case is still considered within the processing times currently, and I have to submit an expedite request if I feel I meet those known criteria.
Initiate a congressional inquiry. You can also try the Ombudsman at this point, report on the conflicting updates/responses you've been getting from USCIS.

At this point, I honestly think you should follow your instincts. Send a direct expedite request to your FO if you like, you will not be penalized for that. You can also follow up with your senator’s office on Monday or wait for the week 4 point before doing so, follow your instinct.
Hi @Sm1smom, how can I send a direct expedite request to LA FO? I tried to talk to a USCIS agent on the phone and asking for expedite request but she said we cannot send a outside request processing time at this time.

Hi @Sm1smom, how can I send a direct expedite request to LA FO? I tried to talk to a USCIS agent on the phone and asking for expedite request but she said we cannot send a outside request processing time at this time.
You will have to use the FO's mailing address to send them your expedite request - preferably by courier for speedy delivery. This is a shot in the dark of course, no guarantee it will be delivered to the IO assigned to your case or it will be acted upon.

Initiate a congressional inquiry. You can also try the Ombudsman at this point, report on the conflicting updates/responses you've been getting from USCIS.

Thank you for your response.

1. For the case transfer request from NSC to NBC (which was purely the USCIS mistake), I had contacted the local congressman's office for help and they didn't receive any response from the USCIS at all after submitting the request twice (the second time after 30 days). Do you recommend contacting the same congressman's office (which is located less than 5 minutes away from the local Field Office, if this matters), or contacting the office of one of the NY senators this time (or both congressman and senator's offices)?

2. In my requests, do I need to mention the previous USCIS transfer mistake (and submitting both NOAs, original notices and case transfer notices) or just focus on the current situation of our cases to reduce complications and keep it simple?

3. Since DV cases apparently do not have a clear Processing Time or deadline on their public website (and internal system?), what kind of document do you recommend that I can attach to support my request? Is there any document more formal than the 2NL?

Last edited:

1. For the case transfer request from NSC to NBC (which was purely the USCIS mistake), I had contacted the local congressman's office for help and they didn't receive any response from the USCIS at all after submitting the request twice (the second time after 30 days). Do you recommend contacting the same congressman's office (which is located less than 5 minutes away from the local Field Office, if this matters), or contacting the office of one of the NY senators this time (or both congressman and senator's offices)?

2. In my requests, do I need to mention the previous USCIS transfer mistake (and submitting both NOAs, original notices and case transfer notices) or just focus on the current situation of our cases to reduce complications and keep it simple?

3. Since DV cases apparently do not have a clear Processing Time or deadline on their public website (and internal system?), what kind of document do you recommend that I can attach to support my request? Is there any document more formal than the 2NL?
3. I cant add the link here but, you can check uscis gov / green - card / green card eligibility / other concideration,

They wrote on their page as below.

Other Considerations
The adjustment of status process for diversity visa winners must be completed by September 30 of the fiscal year the lottery pertains to. Visas cannot be carried over to the next fiscal year.

Of course there is an official published DV deadline. It is in the instructions.

All selectees, including family members, must be issued visas by September 30, 2022. Under no circumstances can the Department of State issue DVs nor can USCIS approve adjustments after this date, nor can family members obtain DVs to follow-to-join the principal applicant in the United States after this date.

and

30. I am already in the United States. If selected, may I adjust my status with USCIS?
Yes, provided you are otherwise eligible to adjust status under the terms of Section 245 of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA), you may apply to USCIS for adjustment of status to permanent resident. You must ensure that USCIS can complete action on your case, including processing of any overseas applications for a spouse or for children under 21 years of age, before September 30, 2022, since on that date your eligibility for the DV-2022 program expires. The Department of State will not approve any visa numbers or adjustments of status for the DV-2022 program after midnight EDT on September 30, 2022, under any circumstances.

@Sm1smom
Hello Mom!

I called USCIS last Wednesday and made a request for officer calling me back, but haven't hear anything from them since then. Should I call them again and make a request again, or if I do so my previous request will be overwritten?

Thank you