• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Only

Hello good people,
I just want to say thank you so so much for this forum. I can say that this is the most useful forum in existence. Thank you to the moderators of this forum for all the good work you do as well as the other responses. I am happy to report that my card "Card Was Picked Up By The United States Postal Service"
I wouldnt have done it without the help of the many responses and files in the AOS Excel sheet. I have sent a request to be able to edit and fill the excel sheet. Thanks people
Congratulations !
Cases like this makes me feel we might miss something counting available visas, on Aug 12 ~58400 (just issued + ready) already more than 55k (considering CP allocated)
But we still have available visa for AOS !
Hope we will make it and no one will be refused !

Congratulations !
Cases like this makes me feel we might miss something counting available visas, on Aug 12 ~58400 (just issued + ready) already more than 55k (considering CP allocated)
But we still have available visa for AOS !
Hope we will make it and no one will be refused !
Where can we find this info ?

I know @Sm1smom doesn't like when we talk about visas and this conversations can be moved/removed.
Where can we find this info ?
what exactly ?
google dvcharts xarthisius xyz - select 2022 for detailed visa statistic
for visa available for AOS, we know only when someone notify us that he's case was updated to "New Card Being produced" otherwise would be rejection

so this individual stated KCC FILE. What is KCC FILE for someone who never filled out Ds-260 ?
I am talking about the individual from 2017. who had his interview on 31 of August during hurricane IRMA ?

so this individual stated KCC FILE. What is KCC FILE for someone who never filled out Ds-260 ?
I am talking about the individual from 2017. who had his interview on 31 of August during hurricane IRMA ?
Take a look at the FAQ tab of the AOS process spreadsheet.

We lost my wife's old passport (P1) that has her first US visa. She is my derivative. she has two passports after her P1. She has the US visa on the second passport (P2) which expired recently. As we are getting ready for our interview next week, this issue is bugging us a bit. We have the copy of the lost passport (P1), which we have submitted with the I-485 application. What advice do you have for us? Do you think having her P2 and her valid passport be enough?

Thanks

We lost my wife's old passport (P1) that has her first US visa. She is my derivative. she has two passports after her P1. She has the US visa on the second passport (P2) which expired recently. As we are getting ready for our interview next week, this issue is bugging us a bit. We have the copy of the lost passport (P1), which we have submitted with the I-485 application. What advice do you have for us? Do you think having her P2 and her valid passport be enough?

Thanks
Just attend your interview with what you have.

@Nashka

No updates. I even want to run to the Newark, NJ field office myself...
@hl2915
@Nashka
I called the USCIS phone number today. After 40 minutes of being on the line, the representative told me there is nothing she can do to expedite the process and gave me the phone number of the DOS. It looked like she wasn't even familiar with DV cases as she kept typing and finding information online that I already knew better, for example, she asked me if I have checked the dvprogram.state.gov website, although I told her I have already attended the interview for my DV lottery case...:oops:
I also called Senator Booker's office about my inquiry but they told me they review emails in the priority they receive, so I should wait for at least two weeks. Considering the wait time, do you think I should initiate an inquiry with senator Menendez too?
What really hits me hard is that the USCIS officer that interviewed me told me she had to check with the DOS to see if there is any visa left, whereas a friend of mine from the same country as me had his interview the week after in another FO, and his case was approved right away.

I submitted an expedite request on 07/14 that got denied on 07/20. However yesterday when I spoke to a live agent through Emma, they informed me that they received an expedite request on 7/21. I asked if was the same one and they confirmed it was. Not sure why the dates don’t match up and the agent wouldn’t go into any details. Is it possible to be denied an expedite request and then have it to be approved later?

Brooklyn people @Benbob, @jason7556 are you guys waiting on your IL?

My fiend has had his bio appointment 42 days ago, since then no update

Looks like some applicants from Brooklyn received their IL or even had interviews, which is concerning other people did not, as I thought Brooklyn FO is usually batching appointments for dv cases

Lawrence Massachusetts. I already sent an appeal, after 2 days I sent a new AOS package in case they deny the appeal. Does that make any conflict or any issue?
That is rather interesting considering there is another Lawrence MA case listed on the Timeline spreadsheet, it was an early filing (current in May, package received in April - 4/24), which got approved without an interview. Filing a new application concurrently with a pending appeal could further complicate this case.

I need you clarify precisely what you did though:
1. Did you file an actual appeal or you initiated a congressional assistance?
2. If you filed an appeal, did you submit an I-290B Notice of Appeal or Motion and included the $675 filing fee?

Looks like some applicants from Brooklyn received their IL or even had interviews, which is concerning other people did not, as I thought Brooklyn FO is usually batching appointments for dv cases
No IL yet.

Yes the Brooklyn Field office is very frustratingly inconsistent. I had my Bio 238 days ago so go figure.

I submitted an expedite request on 07/14 that got denied on 07/20. However yesterday when I spoke to a live agent through Emma, they informed me that they received an expedite request on 7/21. I asked if was the same one and they confirmed it was. Not sure why the dates don’t match up and the agent wouldn’t go into any details. Is it possible to be denied an expedite request and then have it to be approved later?
I'm not aware of that happening before.

Hey, I had my interview 2 weeks ago and no reply yet. Very weird because I saw last year BK FO gave answers same day after the interview or at least one week after. I am thinking maybe it is related to this visa pre-allocation situation. Hopefully you all have your IL and approval soon.

@hl2915
@Nashka
I called the USCIS phone number today. After 40 minutes of being on the line, the representative told me there is nothing she can do to expedite the process and gave me the phone number of the DOS. It looked like she wasn't even familiar with DV cases as she kept typing and finding information online that I already knew better, for example, she asked me if I have checked the dvprogram.state.gov website, although I told her I have already attended the interview for my DV lottery case...:oops:
I also called Senator Booker's office about my inquiry but they told me they review emails in the priority they receive, so I should wait for at least two weeks. Considering the wait time, do you think I should initiate an inquiry with senator Menendez too?
What really hits me hard is that the USCIS officer that interviewed me told me she had to check with the DOS to see if there is any visa left, whereas a friend of mine from the same country as me had his interview the week after in another FO, and his case was approved right away.
@Dr.Mikeleecooper I honestly think that this is the issue of the Newark office, even in the spreadsheet most people get their decision within a week or two after the interview, and in the Newark office one has to wait for a couple of months. The thing is that it's okay to wait a few months when it's March but it's not okay when it's mid-August. I think they'll have to expedite it at some point.

I don't think there is harm in contacting another representative.
When you called USCIS, have you asked them to escalate you to Tier 2 officer?

I had a call with USCIS agent tier 1 today after remaining on the line for 30 minutes. The EMMA chat doesn't work for me anymore. I don't know why but I guess they filter incoming chats by device or IP. I tried with three different devices, but it doesn't connect me to EMMA. Anyway, I asked for expediting the interview and she said you can't submit that. I asked if they can submit a tier 2 agent call and she said she can but it takes 30 days in my situation to receive the call. I explained the fiscal year end is approaching and it's been a while since I haven't received my interview notice. She said she can only submit for urgent 72 hours request if I have a reason like traveling or an urgent situation. I don't know what else I can do to get my interview. I submitted a congressional inquiry but it hasn't worked yet. Also, I want to add that she gave me the number USCIS is going to call me and the receipt number for my request. Maybe talking to other agents might work but I already called two times and it seems approaching to end of the fiscal year or DV visa quota limitation wouldn't be a good reason for this matter.

Last edited: