• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Only

Yeah, the Syrian connection is probably the reason for the pending background check clearance. And yeah, like I thought, the governor’s office does not assist with case follow up with USCIS. When did you reach out to the senator’s office?
I received an email from the Senator's office on Wednesday stating that they received my request.
Regarding writing to my St. Paul/ Minneapolis FO for expedite processing, should I write a letter and send it via mail as advised by the USCIS in their email ?

Hello guys, yesterday I finally got my green card. I can not thank you all enough, specially @Sm1smom and @SusieQQQ for all the information and help you provide. It has been a long and stressful year but it was worth it in the end.

I hope everyone else has a successful outcome, I've updated the spreadsheet with my timeline in case it can help/encourage anyone.
Congrats
Hey ,was your case at Circle drive,Irving ?

Hello, here is the summary of case:
Case #: 2022AS00007XXX
My AOS package delivered on May 2nd, got my first notice on May 23rd
my fingerprint appointment scheduled for 30 June, but I did a walk in on June 14th
My interview got waived and got its notice on July 11, and received my GC on July 15, welcome letter (I-797) delivered to me on July 16

I received an email from the Senator's office on Wednesday stating that they received my request.
Regarding writing to my St. Paul/ Minneapolis FO for expedite processing, should I write a letter and send it via mail as advised by the USCIS in their email ?
So they will be contacting your FO to follow up with them on your behalf.
You can write the FO directly if you like, not sure if it will be of any help. AFAIK, expedite requests typically get initiated by contacting the USCIS phone reps who forwards such requests (if they agree with the request) to the FO.

On a side note, your FO is quite familiar with DV based AOS cases, there’s another case on the timeline spreadsheet which already got approved without an interview. They will do whatever they can (when possible) to get the background check clearance in place the closer we get to the end of the FY.

Hello, here is the summary of case:
Case #: 2022AS00007XXX
My AOS package delivered on May 2nd, got my first notice on May 23rd
my fingerprint appointment scheduled for 30 June, but I did a walk in on June 14th
My interview got waived and got its notice on July 11, and received my GC on July 15, welcome letter (I-797) delivered to me on July 16
Is your timeline on the Timeline Spreadsheet? The information is a lot more useful there than on this thread.

Hello, I just updated my timeline on the Timeline Spreadsheet adding my FO. I did my bio on the 06/28. I didn't receive any updates yet. When its time to do a Congressional inquiry? and how it work that process? Thanks

Hello, I just updated my timeline on the Timeline Spreadsheet adding my FO. I did my bio on the 06/28. I didn't receive any updates yet. When its time to do a Congressional inquiry? and how it work that process? Thanks
Thanks for updating the spreadsheet. There’s an earlier case from your FO listed on the timeline spreadsheet which was approved without an interview. Based on that, I suggest you wait a bit (about two more weeks at least) for an update before initiating a congressional inquiry.

Take a look at the FAQ section of the AOS process spreadsheet for instructions on how to initiate a congressional inquiry.

Thanks for updating the spreadsheet. There’s an earlier case from your FO listed on the timeline spreadsheet which was approved without an interview. Based on that, I suggest you wait a bit (about two more weeks at least) for an update before initiating a congressional inquiry.

Take a look at the FAQ section of the AOS process spreadsheet for instructions on how to initiate a congressional inquiry.
Thank you very much! I will take a look.

Hello @Sm1smom ,
This question is not related with my case but it may just happen to me as I am in the same situation. My friend is adjusting status for himself only, his wife is not doing AOS, so he paid KCC for 1 person and KCC before asked for the second payment, and he replied with your guidance that he should only pay for 1 person. Then KCC stopped emailing positive or negative.

Today, he got RFE from USCIS field office, asking for KCC payment of 2 persons. So, I guess at this point, the best thing to do is send another 330 USD to KCC and send the pictures of the check and the mail tracking to the field office as a response to RFE, right?

It is just so weird this situation happens every year like you said and not change. There was one lady from Ukraine with same problem, I couldnt follow what they did later.

The RFE related section is attached, thank you so much.

Attachments

• KCC.JPG
    KCC.JPG
    15.9 KB · Views: 23
And for my case, my bio is scheduled for August. So far, KCC didn't ask for a second fee payment, is this a good sign or it can happen any time :) ?

Thank you for your time and answers @Sm1smom

Hello @Sm1smom ,
This question is not related with my case but it may just happen to me as I am in the same situation. My friend is adjusting status for himself only, his wife is not doing AOS, so he paid KCC for 1 person and KCC before asked for the second payment, and he replied with your guidance that he should only pay for 1 person. Then KCC stopped emailing positive or negative.

Today, he got RFE from USCIS field office, asking for KCC payment of 2 persons. So, I guess at this point, the best thing to do is send another 330 USD to KCC and send the pictures of the check and the mail tracking to the field office as a response to RFE, right?

It is just so weird this situation happens every year like you said and not change. There was one lady from Ukraine with same problem, I couldnt follow what they did later.

The RFE related section is attached, thank you so much.
I unfortunately cannot tell you or your friend what is the best thing to do in this case. Your friend will need to make a judgment. Can you post the entire RFE your friend received (block out the sections with personal details)? Which FO has jurisdiction over your friend’s case? Wondering if it is the same as @AngyAngy

And for my case, my bio is scheduled for August. So far, KCC didn't ask for a second fee payment, is this a good sign or it can happen any time :) ?

Thank you for your time and answers @Sm1smom
Did you preemtively contact write KCC to inform them as to why you only made one payment and that your derivative who is processing FTJ will be making the payment when they attend their interview at their home embassy? If you did, I will hazard a guess as to not hearing from KCC being a good sign. Outside of that, I believe they will eventually write to ask about the remaining payment when your FO contact them to request your KCC file.

Did you preemtively contact write KCC to inform them as to why you only made one payment and that your derivative who is processing FTJ will be making the payment when they attend their interview at their home embassy? If you did, I will hazard a guess as to not hearing from KCC being a good sign. Outside of that, I believe they will eventually write to ask about the remaining payment when your FO contact them to request your KCC file.
When I decided to switch to AOS at the first place, I had emailed KCC to let them know I would do AOS, and my wife would do FTJ in overseas. And then, they sent me a pdf letter to let me know that they started my AOS process. (But of course, the letter didn't mention anything about my wife)

Thank you so much @Sm1smom

When I decided to switch to AOS at the first place, I had emailed KCC to let them know I would do AOS, and my wife would do FTJ in overseas. And then, they sent me a pdf letter to let me know that they started my AOS process. (But of course, the letter didn't mention anything about my wife)

Thank you so much @Sm1smom
Well, not quite the same as writing to expressly state you made the payment for one person because the derivative will be processing FTJ.

Hi,

I cannot find the i-485 form that I sent to USCIS. Do I need that for the interview even though it's not among required docs?

Thanks.

Hello,

I am having this doubt, when I filled for AOS (05/02/2022) I never received the letters of action from USCIS. I only got the Receipt Numbers by text message. But then I received the letter for the Biometrics on 06/11/2022. My case history on the USCIS account said:

May 23, 2022 We accepted the fingerprint fee for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status. Our National Benefits Center location is working on your case.
June 28, 2022 The fingerprints relating to your Form I-485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, were taken
July 25, 2022 Notice Was Returned To USCIS Because The Post Office Could Not Deliver It

How do I have to proceed now? The notification from yesterday probably were the letters from the NOA? Its a good idea to make an E-Request to receive the letters by email? Why couldn't USPS deliver? My address was correct.

Thanks

Hi,

I cannot find the i-485 form that I sent to USCIS. Do I need that for the interview even though it's not among required docs?

Thanks.
Not really, although keeping/having a copy of the submitted form is always recommended. It enables you to cross check the information you provided.