• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Only

Thank you @Sm1smom I just want to comfort myself as my friend really struglled with the KCC payment as I mentioned, and my friend's office is Dallas, not the same with AngyAngy, she seems to be from NY according to the excel.

When can I possibly make sure my FO asked for my file from KCC? I just do not want to lose so much valuable time if my file gets stuck because of lack of payment for my wife who is not doing AOS here.

Thank you again and cheers.
This is not something you can possibly make sure they do, you really have no control over it. Only thing you can relatedly do (at the end of your interview, when you get to that stage) is to ask the IO if he/she has everything they need (which includes the background check clearance and the KCC case file) in order to approve your application.

p.s. I already informed you of what you can proactively do to ensure the KCC does not hold on to your KCC case file when the FO requests for it, and you’re obviously reluctant to do so since you’re trying to comfort yourself with believing what you already did is enough

Good morning Mom , Apparently KCC has been the one delaying my card production. I just got an email from them this morning that USCIS is requesting for my case file - KCC has received payment of $330.00 for your case file. You have a case size of 2. Please send the remaining payment or provide a written statement, via email, to KCCDV@state.gov explaining why the additional family member(s) will not be adjusting their status. Please include PA Name, Case number, and Date of Birth (MMDDYYYY) with your correspondence.

I have an FTJ abroad that is why I did not pay the other $330 - I know this question has been asked before but I can't get to it as the search button is limited to a few words. Please can you give me a template on how to respond to KCC?

Thank you.

Good morning Mom , Apparently KCC has been the one delaying my card production. I just got an email from them this morning that USCIS is requesting for my case file - KCC has received payment of $330.00 for your case file. You have a case size of 2. Please send the remaining payment or provide a written statement, via email, to KCCDV@state.gov explaining why the additional family member(s) will not be adjusting their status. Please include PA Name, Case number, and Date of Birth (MMDDYYYY) with your correspondence.

I have an FTJ abroad that is why I did not pay the other $330 - I know this question has been asked before but I can't get to it as the search button is limited to a few words. Please can you give me a template on how to respond to KCC?

Thank you.
See line 55 on the "AOS FAQs" section of the AOS Process Spreadsheet.

Hello Simon and everyone,

Finally, my card arrives.

I will update my timeline after the interview. I got an interview on July 13 and the interviewer held my case to make final decision. Then, I sent the email to KCC to send my husband case to USCIS on July 13. However, KCC did not get my inquire. I sent email again and explain KCC about the problem on July 14. Then, on July 15, KCC sent an email to me that "The information you provided will be forwarded to the appropriate department." Until July 20, I got the notification that "new card is being produced." Finally, I just got the Green Card today on July 27.

Thank you very much for Simon, and everyone who always answers questions and helps me.
My husband and I really appreciate for everything.
Good luck everyone.

Hello, I had my interview in Los Angeles this morning. My interview was at 8:15 and I arrived at 7 and because of how long the line was at entrance I barely made it in time so I recommend going early to get through the line if you’re interviewing at this office. The interviewer was kind and asked easy, straight forward questions for myself and my husband. He didn’t seem to have any particular concern about our case. However, at the end he said he will now continue the review and let us know his decision in within a month. I was a little disappointed by that as I was hoping to be approved on the spot like I read it happened for some other people. However I think it’s just protocol and hopefully I get approval soon.

Hi mom , just an update my husband ( username GOMAJ ) has received his IL today. The interview scheduled for July 27th at brooklyn field office . As far as I know me and our children should receive separate appointment letters , right ?
How was your interview today?

Hello, I had my interview in Los Angeles this morning. My interview was at 8:15 and I arrived at 7 and because of how long the line was at entrance I barely made it in time so I recommend going early to get through the line if you’re interviewing at this office. The interviewer was kind and asked easy, straight forward questions for myself and my husband. He didn’t seem to have any particular concern about our case. However, at the end he said he will now continue the review and let us know his decision in within a month. I was a little disappointed by that as I was hoping to be approved on the spot like I read it happened for some other people. However I think it’s just protocol and hopefully I get approval soon.
Congratulations! Hope you get your GC soon. May I know your timeline? When was your case current? When did you get your interview notice?

How was your interview today?
Hi , thanks for asking , we went to the field office this morning , the IO only interviewed my husband (he is the primary applicant ) the IO said she has our files but she do not need to interview me . By end of the interview the IO said that they are unable to make a decision today and the case is held for review please allow us 120 days !! ,my husband stated that this is AOS based on DV she said we are aware of that . I am a little concerned but I guess we just need to wait and see!

Hi Mom and all,

We had our interview today morning at USCIS Albany FO. We arrived around 30 mins early, went through security, and checked in. We were told to wait until the IO calls our names. After around 20 mins, the IO came out and called us in. He said he will start with my wife as she is the principal applicant. Before, starting he said he had emailed and requested our file from DHS yesterday, it will be 24-48 hours until he gets a reply. So, he said that he will complete the interview today, but cannot let us know of the decision until he has our file in hand. He said we will get the notification within the next 48 hours.

First, he checked her passport and started going through the I485. He said the rest of the forms are in order including the medical. Then, he asked if there was any document that was not included in the package. My wife started a CPT in the summer, so she presented the new I20 and employment letters. She also said we have updated financial statements, but he said he won't need them. He continued with the I485 questions and yes/no questions.

Next, he checked my passport and started going through the I485 along with yes/no questions. I presented my current employment letter which was not in the package. In the end, we signed the forms. He said he has everything he needs from us but again needs to wait for the file from DHS.

Everything took about 30-35mins. The IO was friendly and straightforward throughout the interview. On the way back, the case status changed to, “Interview Was Completed And My Case Must Be Reviewed”.

I guess now we have to keep waiting for the KCC file.
Would it be better to email KCC about sending the file, so that it will be sent on time?

Congratulations! Hope you get your GC soon. May I know your timeline? When was your case current? When did you get your interview notice?
My case was current in May but I did early filing at the beginning of April. Got finger prints takes on May 19th and got my interview scheduled for today, July 27th. Compared to others’ timelines it took me longer to receive my interview notice but I received it in the end.

Hello Simon and everyone,

Finally, my card arrives.

I will update my timeline after the interview. I got an interview on July 13 and the interviewer held my case to make final decision. Then, I sent the email to KCC to send my husband case to USCIS on July 13. However, KCC did not get my inquire. I sent email again and explain KCC about the problem on July 14. Then, on July 15, KCC sent an email to me that "The information you provided will be forwarded to the appropriate department." Until July 20, I got the notification that "new card is being produced." Finally, I just got the Green Card today on July 27.

Thank you very much for Simon, and everyone who always answers questions and helps me.
My husband and I really appreciate for everything.
Good luck everyone.
Congrats
But
Do you mean Sm1smom, who is much more active on the aos forum than Simon?

My case was current in May but I did early filing at the beginning of April. Got finger prints takes on May 19th and got my interview scheduled for today, July 27th. Compared to others’ timelines it took me longer to receive my interview notice but I received it in the end.
Did you get your interview notice on May 19?

Hi Mom and all,

We had our interview today morning at USCIS Albany FO. We arrived around 30 mins early, went through security, and checked in. We were told to wait until the IO calls our names. After around 20 mins, the IO came out and called us in. He said he will start with my wife as she is the principal applicant. Before, starting he said he had emailed and requested our file from DHS yesterday, it will be 24-48 hours until he gets a reply. So, he said that he will complete the interview today, but cannot let us know of the decision until he has our file in hand. He said we will get the notification within the next 48 hours.

First, he checked her passport and started going through the I485. He said the rest of the forms are in order including the medical. Then, he asked if there was any document that was not included in the package. My wife started a CPT in the summer, so she presented the new I20 and employment letters. She also said we have updated financial statements, but he said he won't need them. He continued with the I485 questions and yes/no questions.

Next, he checked my passport and started going through the I485 along with yes/no questions. I presented my current employment letter which was not in the package. In the end, we signed the forms. He said he has everything he needs from us but again needs to wait for the file from DHS.

Everything took about 30-35mins. The IO was friendly and straightforward throughout the interview. On the way back, the case status changed to, “Interview Was Completed And My Case Must Be Reviewed”.

I guess now we have to keep waiting for the KCC file.
Would it be better to email KCC about sending the file, so that it will be sent on time?
Emailing KCC wouldn’t cause them to send the case file before they need or are ready to do so. They already know what to do, they have a process in place, they respond to the case file requests from the FO when they receive the requests. So you just need to be patient.

Hi , thanks for asking , we went to the field office this morning , the IO only interviewed my husband (he is the primary applicant ) the IO said she has our files but she do not need to interview me . By end of the interview the IO said that they are unable to make a decision today and the case is held for review please allow us 120 days !! ,my husband stated that this is AOS based on DV she said we are aware of that . I am a little concerned but I guess we just need to wait and see!
Congratulation with the interview and hopefully you'll know the decision very soon! I am a bit confused about 120 days but maybe it was a new IO who doesn't know about the October deadline? But at the same time she said that does know that it is DV case. Anyway I'm glad to hear that BK FO has some movements, maybe me and @Benbob will have our interview soon as well!

What don’t you take a look at the Timeline spreadsheet itself? That is precisely what the tool is meant for, to answer questions such as this.
His timeline is not there. I checked the spreadsheet but couldn't find his timeline. The LA office is delaying cases and I'm concerned about mine. Time is flying and I haven't received my interview notice.

His timeline is not there. I checked the spreadsheet but couldn't find his timeline. The LA office is delaying cases and I'm concerned about mine. Time is flying and I haven't received my interview notice.
It is there. MRB, line 97. Admittedly it doesn't have the interview info section updated.

Can you add your missing timeline on the Timeline Spreadsheet?

And how about you also add your own timeline to the same Timeline spreadsheet by the way?