• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Only

Yes, I believe two weeks is way too early to be initiating a congressional inquiry in this case.

p.s. It is good to know you've both being PMing one another. However, could you let them know it would have been nice for them to update the forum and the timeline spreadsheet with regards to their progress? It is rather selfish to take and take without giving back. And to think this person actually visited the forum earlier on today. Simply no excuse for that IMO.
Hi, @Sm1smom I really apologize for not updating the timeline spreadsheet and the forum with my progress as I wanted to wait till I had a letter or card from the USCIS for confirmation following the CPO update. However, based on my current progress, I have updated the timeline spreadsheet. I would also like to express my deep gratitude for all of your support and guidance throughout the application process. I also want to thank @SusieQQQ @Blade_ and everyone else who posts their queries and responses here. I wish good luck to everyone who is waiting for their application to be approved.

Hi, @Sm1smom I really apologize for not updating the timeline spreadsheet and the forum with my progress as I wanted to wait till I had a letter or card from the USCIS for confirmation following the CPO update. However, based on my current progress, I have updated the timeline spreadsheet. I would also like to express my deep gratitude for all of your support and guidance throughout the application process. I also want to thank @SusieQQQ @Blade_ and everyone else who posts their queries and responses here. I wish good luck to everyone who is waiting for their application to be approved.
Apology and update appreciated. Considering you are the first filer from your FO this year (in this forum) with a waived interview, that is such a big deal that the update should have been shared as soon as you got the it - the first two folks from your FO did not get their interview waived. Anyways, congratulations on getting your CPO status update.

In general it really helps if updates are shared with everyone as they occur considering everyone is basically seating on pins and needles while going through this process. I personally have nothing to gain with the progress updates (or lack of it for that matter), but I feel it is one of the simplest ways in which you can all support one another, which is why I may sound boring and repetitive (to some, I guess) when I keep urging members to update the Timeline spreadsheet.

Yes 45 days before.
So you technically speaking were not out of status per se, you just did not have a valid status to AOS from while the EOS application was pending. The AOS application however shouldn’t have been approved until after the EOS application has been approved.

Apology and update appreciated. Considering you are the first filer from your FO this year (in this forum) with a waived interview, that is such a big deal that the update should have been shared as soon as you got the it - the first two folks from your FO did not get their interview waived. Anyways, congratulations on getting your CPO status update.

In general it really helps if updates are shared with everyone as they occur considering everyone is basically seating on pins and needles while going through this process. I personally have nothing to gain with the progress updates (or lack of it for that matter), but I feel it is one of the simplest ways in which you can all support one another, which is why I may sound boring and repetitive (to some, I guess) when I keep urging members to update the Timeline spreadsheet.
Thank you so much. I completely agree with you.

Hello Sm1smom,

All documentation of AOS package is ready, except for DV administrative fee payment receipt and medical examination (I-693). I don't see any point in waiting for DV fee payment receipt, as it will take a long time. However, the examination should be ready by next Friday, since I have an appointment this Friday. I read AOS FAQ's, and it says that rejection of the package due to absence of DV administrative fee payment receipt and medical examination (I-693) is slight. I would like to ask your advice.

* Is it worth it to send AOS package without payment and medical examination? Or is it better to include I-693 form to my package and send it only without DV fee payment receipt?

Thanks

So you technically speaking were not out of status per se, you just did not have a valid status to AOS from while the EOS application was pending. The AOS application however shouldn’t have been approved until after the EOS application has been approved.
Technically speaking, the poster has actually been out of status since the i94 expired. Should the extension be approved, then the poster would be reinstated to lawful status from the end of the original i94. See the section “What if I file for an extension of stay on time but USCIS doesn’t make a decision before my I–94 expires?” in the uscis doc below. poster is not accruing unlawful presence but is definitely deemed out of status until and unless the i539 is approved.

Last edited:
Hi,

we are happy to share our interview experience. we had our interview on 07/26/2022 at the Oklahoma City field office. The appointment time was 9.00 a.m. But we went there at 8.30 a.m. The officer warmly welcome us and started our interview. Firstly, the officer checked our identity with passports and driver's licenses. The officer went through all my personal details which were indicated in form I-485. Then the officer asked same details from my husband. Finally, the officer went through yes/on questions and we had to answer separately. Then we signed the I-485 forms. Then the officer said that our case is approved and will get our green card within 10 to 30 days. This all took around 20 minutes. Everything was straight forward. He did not ask for any documents to show.
We learned so much from this forum. We really appeared to everybody.
Good luck all.

By the way, we are happy to update the excel sheet, So, please give us access to edit it.
Thank you

Hello Sm1smom,

All documentation of AOS package is ready, except for DV administrative fee payment receipt and medical examination (I-693). I don't see any point in waiting for DV fee payment receipt, as it will take a long time. However, the examination should be ready by next Friday, since I have an appointment this Friday. I read AOS FAQ's, and it says that rejection of the package due to absence of DV administrative fee payment receipt and medical examination (I-693) is slight. I would like to ask your advice.

* Is it worth it to send AOS package without payment and medical examination? Or is it better to include I-693 form to my package and send it only without DV fee payment receipt?

Thanks
I don’t know if it is worth it or not, that’s your call to make. I suggest you take a look at FAQ section of the AOS process spreadsheet to help you decide.

Hi,

we are happy to share our interview experience. we had our interview on 07/26/2022 at the Oklahoma City field office. The appointment time was 9.00 a.m. But we went there at 8.30 a.m. The officer warmly welcome us and started our interview. Firstly, the officer checked our identity with passports and driver's licenses. The officer went through all my personal details which were indicated in form I-485. Then the officer asked same details from my husband. Finally, the officer went through yes/on questions and we had to answer separately. Then we signed the I-485 forms. Then the officer said that our case is approved and will get our green card within 10 to 30 days. This all took around 20 minutes. Everything was straight forward. He did not ask for any documents to show.
We learned so much from this forum. We really appeared to everybody.
Good luck all.

By the way, we are happy to update the excel sheet, So, please give us access to edit it.
Thank you
You need to send an access request directly from the spreadsheet, or PM your email address.

Technically speaking, the poster has actually been out of status since the i94 expired. Should the extension be approved, then the poster would be reinstated to lawful status from the end of the original i94. See the section “What if I file for an extension of stay on time but USCIS doesn’t make a decision before my I–94 expires?” in the uscis doc below. poster is not accruing unlawful presence but is definitely deemed out of status until and unless the i539 is approved.
Yup! You’re absolutely right.

This is not something you can possibly make sure they do, you really have no control over it. Only thing you can relatedly do (at the end of your interview, when you get to that stage) is to ask the IO if he/she has everything they need (which includes the background check clearance and the KCC case file) in order to approve your application.

p.s. I already informed you of what you can proactively do to ensure the KCC does not hold on to your KCC case file when the FO requests for it, and you’re obviously reluctant to do so since you’re trying to comfort yourself with believing what you already did is enough
Oh, I didn't realize you suggested to email proactively again to KCC and make sure it is ok. I will do that explaining why I paid for 1 person. Thank you again @Sm1smom

Quick update! My wife and I checked our online statuses and we're both now CPO as well! I've updated the spreadsheet and will post again when the card arrives.
Good to hear. Looks like I will plan on getting there at 9 am for 10:30am appt.

Today I had my interview. I was really nervous because I am B1/B2 extension pending, but everything went fine. The IO just commented that I was out of status for less than 3 months and that was ok.
I want to thank Sm1smom for the incredible support to all AOS seekers.
Good luck to everybody!
Congratulations!
A quick question: Did you take along a Declaration of Financial Support i-134 or Affidavit of Support i-864?

Were you asked any questions in relation to that at all or financial ability as a B1/B2 holder?