• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Only

Expedite requests are based on individual circumstances, surely you are best placed to judge what appropriate evidence is for the specific circumstance you based your request on?
of course, but I explained my situation to the best of my ability over the phone to the agent and she said my reason did sound legit (although she warned me that I could get a request for more proofs). so, my point is that I only can do a free-form essay explaining why I think I qualify, but can't do govt lango. that's what I meant by needing clear guidance. also, I've seen somewhere that if my documentation won't meet certain criteria, they may consider my request "a misrepresentation," which would hurt my case instead of expediting it, and I surely don't want that to happen. kinda wish I didn't even ask for it, at this point.

At this point, I wonder, if there is some information missing in my package, 1) would they send a RFE or just directly deny? And, 2) if it is the latter, will they wait till Sep 30 to do it
No they would not just deny. They might send an RFE especially if they were considering an interview waiver, else you would be informed about anything missing in interview.
There are still 2 months of the FY left and plenty of time to interview. Does your FO batch interviews?

Hi all, just wanted to give an update on my case, as I have received a few messages from other members of the forum. So far, the update is there are no news. Since April 19th, where my bio was waived, I have received no update on the case. I spoke two times with a tier 1 agent. The first told me that my case was at the NBC and told me he was going to schedule a tier 2 call. I haven’t received any call from a tier 2 agent, although the 30 calendar days have not passed yet. The second one told me my case was at the field office, but nothing about a tier 2 call. I did not get any useful information from there. Neither of both told what was going on but just asked me to wait. My feeling is they basically did not know more information. Still waiting for the tier 2 agent call, and see if more info is available. I have not initiated a congressional inquiry, at this moment.

At this point, I wonder, if there is some information missing in my package, 1) would they send a RFE or just directly deny? And, 2) if it is the latter, will they wait till Sep 30 to do it

Considering the lapse of time since the biometrics, I guess something must be going on, but I have no clue about what that could be. I will keep the forum updated if I have any news.

Thanks
Well, the good news is your FO San Antonio is approving DV based AOS cases without an interview once the BC clears. So you can expect your case to eventually get approved without an interview based on the trend.
1&2: If there’s some missing information/documentation from your package, they will send you a RFE.

Since your bio was waived, that suggests you have some other pending or recently approved application where your bio was previously collected. Care to share more info about this, as this can help shed some light as to why other cases filed after you already got approved?

of course, but I explained my situation to the best of my ability over the phone to the agent and she said my reason did sound legit (although she warned me that I could get a request for more proofs). so, my point is that I only can do a free-form essay explaining why I think I qualify, but can't do govt lango. that's what I meant by needing clear guidance. also, I've seen somewhere that if my documentation won't meet certain criteria, they may consider my request "a misrepresentation," which would hurt my case instead of expediting it, and I surely don't want that to happen. kinda wish I didn't even ask for it, at this point.
Demonstrating an expertise government lingo is not required in order to demonstrate one qualifies to be considered for the expedite request they’ve initiated. You’ve been provided with more information in terms of reasons that may qualify for an expedite request. If you believe you meet one of those, then free style away, send in the response backed by applicable documentation.

And as a word of caution, do be careful with whatever others sources you’ve been reading from or relying on. There’s no such thing as if “my documentation won't meet certain criteria, they may consider my request "a misrepresentation," which would hurt my case instead of expediting it,” the worst that could happen is for the expedite request to get denied and that is the end of it. Unless of course if the documentation being submitted turns out to be fake or falsely obtained, then that will be a different ball game.

Well, the good news is your FO San Antonio is approving DV based AOS cases without an interview once the BC clears. So you can expect your case to eventually get approved without an interview based on the trend.
1&2: If there’s some missing information/documentation from your package, they will send you a RFE.

Since your bio was waived, that suggests you have some other pending or recently approved application where your bio was previously collected. Care to share more info about this, as this can help shed some light as to why other cases filed after you already got approved?
Thanks for the response. Yes, I have a NIW process too, it has been there for 2 years. The I-140 is approved and I guess I have my chances there too. Considering how slow that process has moved, I hoped the DV process would be faster. But, as of now, no clarity on any of the process (not surprised in the NIW one, that has been always slow)

No they would not just deny. They might send an RFE especially if they were considering an interview waiver, else you would be informed about anything missing in interview.
There are still 2 months of the FY left and plenty of time to interview. Does your FO batch interviews?
Thanks SusieQQQ, good to know. The FO is San Antonio, apparently they are waiving interviews, yes.

First time poster :) I’m sharing my (fairly) unique situation in hopes that it can help someone else down the line. Also sharing my timeline (yes it's in the spreadsheet too).
I’m an Australian citizen on an O1 in Los Angeles. HOWEVER, I am adopted from South Korea.
When applying for the DV lottery in the past, I've said ‘South Korea’ in country born (as I was born there and it’s listed on my passport as such). Of course I never won it in the past because Korea is ineligible. So when applying last time I put ‘Australia’ for country of birth because I have no legal ties to Korea, and thought, ‘I’ll cross that bridge if I come to it’.
Obviously I won the lottery… So when submitting my case I literally had EVERYTHING in there - birth cert (which I only have an Aust one. During a legal adoption between Sth Korea & Aust the residing country reissues your birth certs. I believe certain/different countries have certain rules.), my citizenship cert, supreme court adoption documents and records and info on legal adoptions from government pages.
In summary: I DO NOT have a Korean birth certificate, nor any eligibility to obtain one or a passport. For all legal reasons, I AM an Australian Citizen. On my passport it says the Korean province I was born in.
I searched all the forums on here, google, called my O1 attorney who called her contacts and NO ONE could tell me if I was wasting my time/energy. I actually found a lot of no’s - ‘The DV lottery is based on the country you were born in’.
But I kept telling myself that even though I was born there I have no legal ties there AT ALL. So I decided to submit a very strong (and super organized) case, hoping that I receive an officer who understands the legal bindings of an adoption.

*see my timeline in the spreadsheet

Jumping to my interview experience:
Appt at 1pm in Los Angeles on 7/27. Arrived at 12:35pm. Past security, checked in and in waiting room by 1pm. Called in at 1:25pm. Officer was super nice and very calm. He went through my ID and first few pages of my i-485 and noticed I am adopted (very nonchalantly… “oh okay, you’re adopted” *flipped to next page*). Then went onto the Yes/No questions.
He mentioned that I have been in and out of USA a lot (I was on tour in 2019/2020) and that he needs to check valid entries. Then proceeded to say he needs to review my case and that it could take up to a month. Out by 1:34pm.
‘New Card Is Being Produced’ at 4:20am this morning.

Honestly, this forum and all the people with the information to help people that ARE helping people… you are a god send. Thank you for setting this up and continuing to help. I used all the information provided in the spreadsheet and kept up to date on the forum to make sure I was really understanding. I appreciate and thank you! Good luck to everyone else!
Congrats!!

For future reference, it's also worth mentioning that when you're applying for the DV lottery, you can put your country born as a DV-ineligible country so long as your country of chargeability is indeed a DV-eligible country.

Of course, you'd need evidence of your eligibility (e.g. birthplace of parents, birthplace of spouse if claiming chargeability through that route), etc, etc - but as Mom said, being born in South Korea shouldn't prevent you from being selected in the lottery, so long as you select on the form that the country that you're claiming eligibility is Australia :)

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong...

Thanks for the response. Yes, I have a NIW process too, it has been there for 2 years. The I-140 is approved and I guess I have my chances there too. Considering how slow that process has moved, I hoped the DV process would be faster. But, as of now, no clarity on any of the process (not surprised in the NIW one, that has been always slow)
1. Do you currently have an I-140 based AOS application in the system?
2. Take a look at your DV based AOS application receipt, does the receipt number start with MSC or LIN?

1. Do you currently have an I-140 based AOS application in the system?
2. Take a look at your DV based AOS application receipt, does the receipt number start with MSC or LIN?
1. Yes, I do. The I-140 is approved and the related I-485 is still pending
2. It starts with MSC

1. Yes, I do. The I-140 is approved and the related I-485 is still pending
2. It starts with MSC
Good to know your DV based receipt starts with MSC, meaning the Lockbox and the NBC correctly handled the AOS package as a DV based one. I would say give it about two more weeks. If there's no update mid-August, then you may want to initiate a congressional case follow up with the DV based application.

Good to know your DV based receipt starts with MSC, meaning the Lockbox and the NBC correctly handled the AOS package as a DV based one. I would say give it about two more weeks. If there's no update mid-August, then you may want to initiate a congressional case follow up with the DV based application.
Thanks for the help

had my interview on july 26 at the mt laurel, nj field office

interview was at 12:30 but arrived around 12, had to show my interview letter and id before entering the building and had to go through security before proceeding into the waiting room. checked in at the reception and after 45 mins they called my name and i followed the immigration officer into his office where i swore i would tell the truth. he asked if i ever got arrested (mentioned a traffic ticket but wasn’t a problem), if i ever got married, if i had kids, and if i had any military/weapons training. after what seemed like half an hour of silence and the officer just writing stuff down and typing things on his computer i got approved and was told i would receive my welcome letter soon and my green card no later than 2 weeks from that day

thanks all

Good afternoon fellow travelers.

I have some news to tell. Our interview at the Louisville FO was scheduled for August 29. Since we received the letter we looked for a way to try to advance it and we sent a letter to the FO.

The letter based on the job and with letters of support from the HR director and the Principal of the School.

After 3 business days we received a call from the officer giving us time for the next day.

The interview was scheduled for 9:30. We arrived at 9:00, the oficial was puntual and it lasted about 30 to 40 minutes, my wife and I were there and I called both of us together. He was friendly throughout the interview. The questions were a review of the I485 from full name to yes or no questions. We turned in our I612 and he said everything was fine.

Our interview was yesterday 07/27/2022 and our case is still "Interview Was Completed And My Case Must Be Reviewed".

Who must now give the following notice?
Who is responsible for passing the case, if any, to CPO?

Thank you. I will keep reporting and updating the Timeline sheet.

I’m sure they see all sorts of things from all sorts of people, including plenty of “free form” prose from people who are far from fluent in English, much less do government speak. Just do what you can to state your case, but certainty if you have any documents to use as evidence add those in.

I have some news to tell. Our interview at the Louisville FO was scheduled for August 29. Since we received the letter we looked for a way to try to advance it and we sent a letter to the FO.

The letter based on the job and with letters of support from the HR director and the Principal of the School.

After 3 business days we received a call from the officer giving us time for the next day.

The interview was scheduled for 9:30. We arrived at 9:00, the oficial was puntual and it lasted about 30 to 40 minutes, my wife and I were there and I called both of us together. He was friendly throughout the interview. The questions were a review of the I485 from full name to yes or no questions. We turned in our I612 and he said everything was fine.

Our interview was yesterday 07/27/2022 and our case is still "Interview Was Completed And My Case Must Be Reviewed".

It’s great to know that the office was so responsive to your request to expedite the interview.
Possibly they need supervisory review because of the i612 or otherwise need to check it or other aspects before sending to CPO.

Glad to know your FO was able to reschedule for an earlier date. Congratulations on that. In most cases, it is the IO themself that needs to complete the review before issuing an an approval. In a few cases where the IO does not have the authorization to approve cases on their own, their supervisor reviews the case and whatever decision the IO was planning on issuing for the case before it formally gets issued.

My wife and I had an interview at San Jose FO on 07/26. The IO was very friendly and knowledgeable. We went through the basic personal questions and all the yes/no questions and showed the originals of our birth and marriage certificates. Everything took about 20 minutes.

However, we had a problem. The IO said they couldn't read my wife's fingerprints (she has a skin disease), so they couldn't complete her background check. They sent us to the ASC the same day to try again, but the fingerprints were still unclassifiable. The next day, the IO called my wife and asked her to provide police clearance certificates from current and previous places of residence. To get police clearance, we need a letter from USCIS requesting this. I guess this is called RFE? The IO said we could find this letter in my wife's online account. We checked the account, but the letter is not there. The status hasn't been updated since the 'Fingerprint fee was received' stage. I hope the IO also mailed a letter via USPS, but it may take a while to arrive.
1. Is it typical not to see RFE in the online account, or are we just looking in the wrong place?
2. Is there a faster way to get a copy of the letter than waiting for USPS, like through the USCIS Contact Center?
I know I need to be patient, but getting all clearances may take a long time, so I want to start doing it as soon as possible.

Hi all. I had an interview on Tuesday 07/26 and my case didn’t approve right away because she asked for my sponsor form I-134. I only brought a copy one and she said she needed a real one so I had to send it back to her as soon as possible. The sponsor documents got delivered on the next day (07/27). HOWEVER, my student status was pending before and it got denied today. So I would like to know is that possible for the denied case would effect the green card case? Because I still didn’t hear anything back from the uscis about green card yet. Thank you

Some update on my case:
Current: June
NOA - June 17
Contacted Live Agent on July 4 - "Interview was scheduled on July 21"
Contacted Live Agent on July 8 - "Interview scheduled, but letter has not been sent yet"
Contacted Live Agent on July 11 - "Live agent did request for ASC letter, should be in my Mailbox within 24 hours, or check your email spam box"
Application at NBC atm according to Live Agent
Current USCIS case status - Fingerprint Fee Was Received
Hi @equilibreme, did you receive your appointment by mail? Could you please let some information if you have done your interview? Some cards were distributed without an interview in this office. Did you contact uscis live agent or field office to get info about your appointment? Thank you

Hi All,
ATL FO Interview,
I Had a lawyer before finding this forum. We applied in FEBRUARY. I Got my work permit approved after Congressional intervention as my OPT expired in February. I stay at my uncle 4 months without DL and Work authorization. On July 17, 30 days after work permit was approved I received my interview notice. I went yesterday July 27 with my lawyer and the interview lasted about 15 minutes. My ID was checked, the asked to show proof good status when I applied. I showed my diploma and I 20 then yes or no questions. I was told that my case needed to be review. At the end of the day my lawyer called saying like my case was approved and I checked on the app “New card is being produced”.
Thanks to all the community here, yall give me hope and comfort for 4 months when I couldn’t go anywhere. I have not posted my timeline on the spread sheet bc I don’t know how to message mom but my case took 169 days. God is good and the wait is really worth it.
I know there is at least a few more in ATL, hold it down..