• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Only

What the Tier 2 agent said about the background check process not yet being initiated is BS. The background check is automatically triggered from when the bio appointment gets completed. The NBC schedules the background checks which generates the bio appointments that gets sent out. The NBC usually transfers the AOS case file to the FO as soon as the bio appointment gets scheduled. Take a look at the NBC-Lockbox-FO tab of the AOS Process spreadsheet for more on this.

Thank you for your response, Sm1smom. Today, the status of our cases changed to "Case Was Transferred And A New Office Has Jurisdiction". We have to wait to receive the notice, but I hope this is a good sign!

Congratulations!
A quick question: Did you take along a Declaration of Financial Support i-134 or Affidavit of Support i-864?

Were you asked any questions in relation to that at all or financial ability as a B1/B2 holder?
1. I had a I-134 but the IO never asked for it.
2. IO asked me if I was working I obviously said no then asked how I get my incomes I said from my savings.

Hello everyone,

I walked-in for my biometric on 13/7 while it was for 20/7, but I have never heard back from USCIS. Since there is only one other person from my field office who got his IL around his biometric appointment, should I start a congressional inquiry?

Hello everyone,

I walked-in for my biometric on 13/7 while it was for 20/7, but I have never heard back from USCIS. Since there is only one other person from my field office who got his IL around his biometric appointment, should I start a congressional inquiry?
Be patient.

I had my interview today at the Los Angeles FO. The interview took less than 15 minutes, asked for ID, Birth Certificate, and passports. FO was friendly, went through the application and the Y/N questions.

He said everything looked good, but no decision made on the spot. Seems to be inline with the other LA applicants.

The only negative from today was I wish I didn’t get there as early as I did. It took me less than 5 minutes to get in. I waited in the main building and went up to the 8th floor about 15 minutes before my interview- checked in, then was called about 5 minutes before my actual time.

@Sm1smom thank you for the idea contacting KCC so they will not ask for KCC fee for my wife who is gonna do FTJ, I contacted KCC proactively again and it took me 2 emails, but finally I got a response saying that we will put this information to your file for review .... This was a good idea.

I have 2 questions and again thank you already.

1) Is there any embassy which does not require the I824 to be completed or approved, and call our file from KCC based on the fact that I got my green card? @dhanu159 just posted about it, but he/she filed that form but his/her embassy didn't wait for it to be approved. What would be the best way do you think? First email my embassy and find out whether they require it or not?

2) When I check my status, I see that it was updated to show fingerprints were taken. What is the next status in the system? It is ready for interviewing or it is in the field office etc? Is there any other status until the final message?

Thank you

Hello guys,

I received my SSN, a week after receiving my green card. But it says "VALID FOR WORK ONLY WITH DHS AUTHORIZATION", I understand this a mistake, but this is my first card and I have never worked in the US (I was in a B1/B2 status) so I don't know how this could've happen.

So I have a couple of questions:

1) Can I start working with this SSN even if it has that limitation?
2) Where do I need to go to get a replacement?
2.1) Do I need an appointment?
2.2) Do I need to wait or can it be done right away?

Thank you so much for your help, and sorry for all the questions.

@Sm1smom thank you for the idea contacting KCC so they will not ask for KCC fee for my wife who is gonna do FTJ, I contacted KCC proactively again and it took me 2 emails, but finally I got a response saying that we will put this information to your file for review .... This was a good idea.

I have 2 questions and again thank you already.

1) Is there any embassy which does not require the I824 to be completed or approved, and call our file from KCC based on the fact that I got my green card? @dhanu159 just posted about it, but he/she filed that form but his/her embassy didn't wait for it to be approved. What would be the best way do you think? First email my embassy and find out whether they require it or not?

2) When I check my status, I see that it was updated to show fingerprints were taken. What is the next status in the system? It is ready for interviewing or it is in the field office etc? Is there any other status until the final message?

Thank you
Glad to know proactively writing the KCC finally got their attention.

1. Officially, there’s no embassy that does not require an I-824 for FTJ processing. In addition to filing an I-824, @dhanu159 proactively contacted the embassy due to the time constraint - they basically got the embassy to work with them , it is not like the embassy does not require an I-824 for FTJ under normal circumstances.
2. This is covered on the AOS process spreadsheet - for most DV AOS applications, there’s usually no further update until after the case as been adjudicated.

You seriously need to go through the FTJ tab of the DV Tracker - Unique Situations spreadsheet which I previously referred you to earlier in July to learn more about some of the past selectees and the steps they took. Your above question about FTJ indicates to me you haven’t quite done that. DV based FTJ processing is not a one size fits all, read the different accounts, formulate your own plan. That’s the best advice I can give you.

Hello guys,

I received my SSN, a week after receiving my green card. But it says "VALID FOR WORK ONLY WITH DHS AUTHORIZATION", I understand this a mistake, but this is my first card and I have never worked in the US (I was in a B1/B2 status) so I don't know how this could've happen.

So I have a couple of questions:

1) Can I start working with this SSN even if it has that limitation?
2) Where do I need to go to get a replacement?
2.1) Do I need an appointment?
2.2) Do I need to wait or can it be done right away?

Thank you so much for your help, and sorry for all the questions.
1. You are eligible to undertake any form of employment regardless of the DHS restrictions on the card.
2. You’ll need to visit your nearest SSA office to apply for a replacement card. You’ll need to follow whatever the process is (appointment or no appointment) as listed or required by your local office.

Hello everyone,

I'm looking for some advice. DV lottery case (AS14XXX)- I submitted Biometrics on 06/24/2022 at Charlotte, NC field office (my FO too), but haven't heard since then. It seems like there's another person in this forum who submitted bio in May but still haven't heard. I'm thinking to be patient until about the third week of August and then probably do a congressional inquiry. My question is, it seems we have to call the congressional office (I looked at our representative's website) regarding federal institution inquiry requests, so what kind of details should I provide to them? To be honest, I'm struggling to visualize the conversation I should have with them. I'm looking for general advice and hopefully some of you who did inquiries may be can share their experiences? Thank you in advance. This forum is extremely helpful!

Thank you for your reply. Yes, I've read the doc - mostly hoped to get some examples/templates. Will write a free form explainer then :)

The second part is important though – it's not over-analysis but rather a struggle to understand what kind of follow-up options are available, given the 60-day delay. Ideally, I’d love to get in touch with FO’s officer and understand the status of my case and the cause of the delay.
1. Is that something that I can arrange myself?
2. Is that considered an INFOPASS appointment?
3. Should I request a Tier2 support call back before I can get access to FO?
So, those were and remain my questions. I’ve put together that table to validate my understanding and fill in the blanks. Thought a bit more structure would help others as well. Hope that clarifies my request.

Would you be able to provide such guidance?
Everyone with a pending application, not just you, would love to be able to visit their FO and directly ask the IO assign to their case what is the cause of the delay with their application. Well, that option is not available. You should know by now if such an option is possible, it would have been publicly mentioned in this forum considering the amount of effort being expended in support of selectees here.

Visiting the FO requires having an INFOPASS appointment in place. Any USCIS frontline agent can schedule the INFOPASS appointment if they are convinced you have an urgent or pertinent reason to visit your FO.

Someone share a sample letter for congress enquiry.
Please

Everyones case is different… answer these questions in regards to your own case (along with your own introduction) :

What is the relevant federal agency(s)?

What is the current problem?

What steps have you taken to try to resolve the problem?

What has the federal agency told you?

Have you contacted any other office (elected officials, non-profit organizations, etc.) for assistance?

My question is, it seems we have to call the congressional office (I looked at our representative's website) regarding federal institution inquiry requests, so what kind of details should I provide to them? To be honest, I'm struggling to visualize the conversation I should have with them. I'm looking for general advice and hopefully some of you who did inquiries may be can share their experiences?
See this post.

PS: you don't have to call, they all have a form/link on their websites for such inquiries.

Hello good people,
I received my interview invite today for August 10th in Charleston SC. They asked me to go with documents that I already submitted including the medical form. I feel like its a generic letter but I could be wrong. Does it mean that they do not get the document we send as the package? I did my best to front load but seems like they need all the document? Is this the case for everyone or should I assume they have all the forms I documents in the package? Thank you so much guys!! Very helpful forum

Hi,

My EAD recently got approved, and the expiration date on my EAD is 06/28/24. But I know I cannot work until 06/28/24. It depends on my status in the US. So my current status is F-1, and I will graduate in December.

1. I'm currently using my CPT to work for a company, and the expiration date of my CPT is 08/12/2022. Since I have the EAD, can I disregard my current CPT and just use my EAD to continue working?

2. May I ask how long I can work? Can I work until December or the fiscal year's end date (09/30/2022)?

Thank you.