• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Only

Today I had my interview. I was really nervous because I am B1/B2 extension pending, but everything went fine. The IO just commented that I was out of status for less than 3 months and that was ok.
I want to thank Sm1smom for the incredible support to all AOS seekers.
Good luck to everybody!

Last edited:
Today I had my interview. I was really nervous because I am B1/B2 extension pending, but everything went fine. The IO just commented that I was out of status for less than 3 months and that was ok.
I want to thank you Sm1smom for the incredible support to all AOS seekers.
Good luck to everybody!
By out of status do you mean between when your i94 ended and now, while the extension has been pending ? Did the IO say anything about waiting for adjudication on the extension?

I want to thank you Sm1smom for the incredible support to all AOS seekers.
Good luck to everybody!
Thanks for the update regarding your interview. I find it rather odd and interesting that the IO noted you were out of status for less than 3 months and that was ok. Couple of questions for you:
1. Is your EOS application still pending or as it been approved?
2. Did the IO go ahead and approve your AOS application today?
3. Is your online status now CPO?

Hi, I did my bio walk in on July 14 in the Philadelphia ASC and now I'm waiting for my IL. On the timeline theres 2 others in Philadelphia that received their IL only a couple days after receiving their bio letter. Based on that trend I should've received my IL 2 weeks ago but haven't. I know its only been 2 weeks since I did my bio, but I was wondering if it would be appropriate to do congressional inquiry or should I keep waiting. @Sknpl who is also in Philadelphia was able to get their case approved and "New card being produced" case status just one day after initiating congressional inquiry

Hi, I did my bio walk in on July 14 in the Philadelphia ASC and now I'm waiting for my IL. On the timeline theres 2 others in Philadelphia that received their IL only a couple days after receiving their bio letter. Based on that trend I should've received my IL 2 weeks ago but haven't. I know its only been 2 weeks since I did my bio, but I was wondering if it would be appropriate to do congressional inquiry or should I keep waiting. @Sknpl who is also in Philadelphia was able to get their case approved and "New card being produced" case status just one day after initiating congressional inquiry
I do not see any update in the forum about @Sknpl getting their case approved one day after initiating a congressional inquiry. CPO update is equally missing from the Timeline spreadsheet, by the way. Is this information from some PM between you two? This by the way is the most recent post by the referenced member, this was posted a couple of days ago, Thursday July 21st to be precise, in which they stated they've been waiting over 1 and half months since bio completion for the IL by the way, which is way longer than your 2 weeks.

Hi everyone! Just wanted to post an update on my interview at the Los Angeles office. As people have reported so far, the lines going into the building are long - so it's best to arrive an hour before your interview time (I arrived at 9:30am for my 10:30am slot - but after the long security screening line, I was actually checked in by 10:39 am).

A security guard did ask my wife and I what we were there for, and made us join a shorter line - so that certainly expedited things. Once we cleared security, we took the elevator up to check in and then waited to be called in for our interview. Our interviewer was friendly, asked simple yes/no questions as he reviewed our case file, and mentioned that he saw no reason that our green card wouldn't be approved. He mentioned that he wasn't making on-the-spot decisions and would need to review our documentation further (and would request any further information via mail). Although he said that he could take up to a month to complete his review, the timeframe would depend more on his workload. Based on what I've read from previous people's experience at the LA FO, I think this is a common response from this interview officer.

All in all, everyone at this field office was very friendly - and fingers crossed that I hear some good news soon!

Last edited:
I do not see any update in the forum about @Sknpl getting their case approved one day after initiating a congressional inquiry. CPO update is equally missing from the Timeline spreadsheet, by the way. Is this information from some PM between you two? This by the way is the most recent post by the referenced member, this was posted a couple of days ago, Thursday July 21st to be precise, in which they stated they've been waiting over 1 and half months since bio completion for the IL by the way, which is way longer than your 2 weeks.
Yeah we have been PMing each other. Thats correct they did wait 1.5 months before starting the inquiry. So 2 weeks is too early for congressman then?

Congratulation with the interview and hopefully you'll know the decision very soon! I am a bit confused about 120 days but maybe it was a new IO who doesn't know about the October deadline? But at the same time she said that does know that it is DV case. Anyway I'm glad to hear that BK FO has some movements, maybe me and @Benbob will have our interview soon as well!
Thank you , I hope you hear from them soon

Hi! I got my social security card but with ‘valid for work only DHS authorization’
I know the issue has been raised before on the forum , but request clarity on anybodys practical experience in solving this problem -Do we need to fix a prior appointment or do they accept walk ins for such issues , what documents do they ask , any other specifics that i should be aware of ? I am based in LA.

Yeah we have been PMing each other. Thats correct they did wait 1.5 months before starting the inquiry. So 2 weeks is too early for congressman then?
Yes, I believe two weeks is way too early to be initiating a congressional inquiry in this case.

p.s. It is good to know you've both being PMing one another. However, could you let them know it would have been nice for them to update the forum and the timeline spreadsheet with regards to their progress? It is rather selfish to take and take without giving back. And to think this person actually visited the forum earlier on today. Simply no excuse for that IMO.

Hi @Sm1smom . Thanks for your help. I wanted to update you, today we had the interview at Brooklyn field office . When we checked in they said the interview scheduled for the whole family . After waiting approximately an hour the IO called our number and said she wants to interview my husband first and then if it's necessarily she is gonna call me in . My husband said the interview went well she went through I485 and she had some concerns about our financial situation cuz my husband is out of work since June 30 and his H1b visa expired at the same date as well . He has a job offer but the employers are waiting for the AOS to be resolved. He handed the IO form I-134
She checked it and said they do need any other documents for now but she can't make a decision today and the case need to be reviewed. She checked my file and told my husband she doesn't need to interview me , and ask to allow 120 days for a decision although they are aware it's based on dv and asked him in case they send a mail requesting more documents to respond quickly, and she gave him a copy of ( Today interview result ) , stating all the above . We are aware that it's not unusual to not get a decision on spot , but 1) should I be concerned that the IO didn't need to interview me?? 2) when should we should we contact our congressman regarding our case ?
Thanks in advance and appreciate your help

Hi @Sm1smom . Thanks for your help. I wanted to update you, today we had the interview at Brooklyn field office . When we checked in they said the interview scheduled for the whole family . After waiting approximately an hour the IO called our number and said she wants to interview my husband first and then if it's necessarily she is gonna call me in . My husband said the interview went well she went through I485 and she had some concerns about our financial situation cuz my husband is out of work since June 30 and his H1b visa expired at the same date as well . He has a job offer but the employers are waiting for the AOS to be resolved. He handed the IO form I-134
She checked it and said they do need any other documents for now but she can't make a decision today and the case need to be reviewed. She checked my file and told my husband she doesn't need to interview me , and ask to allow 120 days for a decision although they are aware it's based on dv and asked him in case they send a mail requesting more documents to respond quickly, and she gave him a copy of ( Today interview result ) , stating all the above . We are aware that it's not unusual to not get a decision on spot , but 1) should I be concerned that the IO didn't need to interview me?? 2) when should we should we contact our congressman regarding our case ?
Thanks in advance and appreciate your help
1. I do not see a need to be concerned about that.
2. Way too early to be thinking about initiating a congressional inquiry. Continue to be patient.

Thanks for the update regarding your interview. I find it rather odd and interesting that the IO noted you were out of status for less than 3 months and that was ok. Couple of questions for you:
1. Is your EOS application still pending or as it been approved?
2. Did the IO go ahead and approve your AOS application today?
3. Is your online status now CPO?
1. Is still pending
2. Yes
3. Yes

I’m truly sorry to learn of your one of a kind stressful progress (or the lack of progress per se compared to other DV based applications) and thanks for the updates. I’ll continue to keep my fingers crossed for you.

1. Yes, it is.
2. If this was my case, and there’s no concern with falling out of status if the DV based AOS application is not resolved by the end of the FY, I will hold off on filing the I-140 based AOS application. I will ride the DV based application horse till the very end if this was my case.
3. There’s no other way to figure it out outside of what the FO says (if at all they say anything).
4. No special privilege tied to one form GC based status than the other. A LPR is a LPR regardless of what it was based on. A marriage based GC is the only type of GC (I know of) that could be either issued as a conditional 2 year GC or a full 10 year GC depending on the age of the marriage as at the time of becoming a LPR. Outside of that all GC holders have the same level of rights and privileges.

Today, a tier 2 officer finally called me back! She just mentioned that I have to wait for a response for the service request that a tier 1 officer raised to NSC for my case when I called them again last week. She said they know about the urgency of DV applications but I have to wait 2 more weeks for this pending service request, and if I don't hear from the USCIS, contact them again! She confirmed that my application is still in NSC and it is not under the background check process (yet?).

I'd like to ask if a background check is usually initiated by the NBC (in my case NSC!) or the FO. Moreover, at which stage of a background check the applications are transferred to the FO? I am asking to see what action on my case from the USCIS would be considered a promising action. Thank you for your time.

Today, a tier 2 officer finally called me back! She just mentioned that I have to wait for a response for the service request that a tier 1 officer raised to NSC for my case when I called them again last week. She said they know about the urgency of DV applications but I have to wait 2 more weeks for this pending service request, and if I don't hear from the USCIS, contact them again! She confirmed that my application is still in NSC and it is not under the background check process (yet?).

I'd like to ask if a background check is usually initiated by the NBC (in my case NSC!) or the FO. Moreover, at which stage of a background check the applications are transferred to the FO? I am asking to see what action on my case from the USCIS would be considered a promising action. Thank you for your time.
What the Tier 2 agent said about the background check process not yet being initiated is BS. The background check is automatically triggered from when the bio appointment gets completed. The NBC schedules the background checks which generates the bio appointments that gets sent out. The NBC usually transfers the AOS case file to the FO as soon as the bio appointment gets scheduled. Take a look at the NBC-Lockbox-FO tab of the AOS Process spreadsheet for more on this.