• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Only

Could take anywhere between a couple of minutes, hours, days, or weeks. It all depends on when the IO gets around to doing so, what they see, and or what they may be looking for.
Doesn’t look all too promising but I guess I just have to wait and see. Could it be that the biometric FBI check wasn’t complete?

Could take anywhere between a couple of minutes, hours, days, or weeks. It all depends on when the IO gets around to doing so, what they see, and or what they may be looking for.
Thanks so much. The document is very informative. I have one more question.
1. I saw that I had to bring the original documents. I have all other documents, excluding my high school transcript. I left my transcript back home and I just asked for a picture to be taken of it, and I scanned it and sent it in. Any advice on how to approach this situation?

1. I saw that I had to bring the original documents. I have all other documents, excluding my high school transcript. I left my transcript back home and I just asked for a picture to be taken of it, and I scanned it and sent it in. Any advice on how to approach this situation?
I believe you can use evidence of your work experience if it requires 2+ years of specialized education.

This tells me the expedite request is under consideration as against “approved”. So yes, that second part of the RFE is most likely not generic.
@Sm1smom this was the other part of the email.
What We Have Done
USCIS has reviewed your Service Request, and has approved your expedite request. USCIS mailed you a request for evidence (RFE) for a completed medical examination form. Please complete this request and follow the directions of the RFE for send the information back to USCIS. Once received, we can process your application.

They added that second section.
What kind of evidence can one provide

Last edited:
so my parents came back from the interview.
The interview is basically asking questions from I-485
The the officers asked them about the "out-of-status" gap (25 day) before they applied for Asylum
Currently, their status is Asylum pending
The officer told them that the decision can be today or in 30 days.
@Sm1smom should I wait for the RFE letter or contact the Congressman for help?
I don't even know what to do

Go with whatever you have and hope for the best.

@Sm1smom this was the other part of the email.
What We Have Done
USCIS has reviewed your Service Request, and has approved your expedite request. USCIS mailed you a request for evidence (RFE) for a completed medical examination form. Please complete this request and follow the directions of the RFE for send the information back to USCIS. Once received, we can process your application.

They added that second section.
What kind of evidence can one provide
I am sorry I have no idea as to what type of evidence you can provide to demonstrate severe financial loss to company or person.

Congratulations on getting your interview completed. However, you really can’t proceed with the FTJ until you clear the background check and your case is approved. Not trying to burst your bubbles, but the verbal approval means nothing while the background check clearance is pending. In the interim, to help you prepare and know the steps you may take for the FTJ part, I suggest you take a look at the FTJ tab/section of the DV Tracker - Unique Situations spreadsheet (link in my signature) to read/learn about steps taken by previous FTJers and the outcome.
Thank you for the response. I think you missed an aspect of my question, let me restate:
1. what are my options between now and 9/30 regarding the "stuck-in-background check"?

The the officers asked them about the "out-of-status" gap (25 day) before they applied for Asylum
You basically just have to wait for now at this point. Your congress person cannot make USCIS approve a non-approvable case. The 25 day out of status gap is indeed a source for concern since the USCIS Manual say lists "anyone who ever failed to continuously maintain a lawful status since entry into the United States, unless his or her failure to maintain status was through no fault of his or her own or for technical reasons" is ineligible to file for AOS (with a few exception, and your parents' situation is not one of those).

Thank you for the response. I think you missed an aspect of my question, let me restate:
1. what are my options between now and 9/30 regarding the "stuck-in-background check"?
Keep your fingers crossed and hope the background check clears and your case gets approved on or before 9/30. You can also of course initiate a congressional case inquiry/follow-up assistance, bear in mind a congressional inquiry cannot mandate USCIS to approve any case white a pending background check clearance.

And it would be nice if you add your parents' case to the Timeline spreadsheet seeing as this is a tool you're very much aware of considering how you personally benefitted from it in the past.

Not an FTJ, but we also received one confirmation per applicant. So two in total.
Thanks for the confirmation.

Unfortunately, we did not print screen them . But if you take a look at the confirmation pages there is a different information for the next steps:

(This is for the principal applicant doing AOS)
Thank You
Your Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration Application (DS-260) was sent to the Kentucky Consular Center (KCC) for
review.
Next Steps
All Diversity Visa applicants must:
1. Obtain required supporting civil documents.
2. Obtain photographs that meet the Department of State’s visa requirements.
3. Contact your local USCIS Field Office for further information about booking an appointment.
You do not need to submit any documentation to the Kentucky Consular Center. The KCC will review your application
and will notify you if any of the information you have provided is insufficient or incomplete. The KCC will not schedule
your interview with USCIS. You must contact your local USCIS Field Office for further instructions on how to book an
appointment.

(This one is for the rest of the family)
Thank You
Your Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration Application (DS-260) was sent to the Kentucky Consular Center (KCC) for
review.
Next Steps
All Diversity Visa applicants must:
1. Obtain required supporting civil documents.
2. Obtain photographs that meet the Department of State’s visa requirements.
3. Review the information specific to the U.S. Embassy/Consulate General where your visa interview will occur.
You do not need to submit any documentation to the Kentucky Consular Center. The KCC will review your application
and will notify you if any of the information you have provided is insufficient or incomplete. Your DS-260 application
will be kept on file with KCC until a visa number is available for you and your case can be scheduled. When your case
is scheduled, the KCC will send you an email message directing you to log into the Entrant Status Check (ESC)
website for further instructions.

If you would like to change your interview location, you must contact the Kentucky Consular Center by sending an e-
mail to (KCCDV@state.gov) before your interview is scheduled. Your e-mail must include your name and case

number, and must clearly indicate where you would like to be interviewed. Please note that once you have an
appointment, you must contact the consular section where you have been scheduled in order to request a change. It
may not be possible to change the location of your interview after you have been scheduled.
Yeah, so indeed it looks like the error is indeed from KCC end, not sure how they missed the fact that the principal selectee was supposed to process AOS.

Did your friend make the $330 DV Administrative fee payment? Did they receive the AOS based 2NL?

Hmmn! Wait, two different confirmation pages? I wasn’t aware KCC sends confirmation notice to both the main selectee and their derivatives. Isn’t it usually just one?
Can anyone in the forum confirm they received multiple confirmation notices after submitting their DS260 forms for themself and their derivatives (especially for folks processing FTJ)?
Yes ma'am, each application gets personal confirmation notice.

Thanks for the confirmation.

Yeah, so indeed it looks like the error is indeed from KCC end, not sure how they missed the fact that the principal selectee was supposed to process AOS.

Did your friend make the $330 DV Administrative fee payment? Did they receive the AOS based 2NL?
Yes, he made the payment and sent the receipt with his AOS package to USCIS, and couple of days ago he received 2NL with invitation for a scheduled interview in Poland. Basically, he now has two separate cases, correct?

Yes, he made the payment and sent the receipt with his AOS package to USCIS, and couple of days ago he received 2NL with invitation for a scheduled interview in Poland. Basically, he now has two separate cases, correct?
I’m asking if he received the AOS based 2NL which is different from the CP based 2NL informing him of the CP interview. I’m trying to determine if KCC ever recognized his AOS selection on his DS260 form.

I’m asking if he received the AOS based 2NL which is different from the CP based 2NL informing him of the CP interview. I’m trying to determine if KCC ever recognized his AOS selection on his DS260 form.
Oh, my bad , no, he didn't receive 2NL for AOS
His case status right now is "Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Taken"

Oh, my bad , no, he didn't receive 2NL for AOS
His case status right now is "Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Taken"

The current status update has nothing to do with the AOS 2NL receipt. The update also has nothing to do with the KCC scheduled appointment in Poland. I think you went through this process yourself a while back. I wish you friend had joined this forum from the very beginning when he found out about his DV selection. At this point, I have to say I give up, I have no idea as to what is going on with the case.