• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Only

Don't you become a resident alien just by living 5+ years in the US? I thought GC-holders are one step above resident aliens - legal permanent residents. Just curious
Hm, not sure where the definition in your first sentence comes from.
Same thing as LPR. In the old days when CBP stamped my passport on coming in with my green card they would hand write the annotation ARC - alien resident card.

Not sure if it is any consolation, wanted to point out there is a recently approved case (46 days from bio completion) from your FO with a waived interview. Case was current in June, filed back in April.
Yeah im really hoping my case follows the same trend and I get an update next week. I’m just confused because someone else from my FO got approved without an interview just 9 days after they did their bio in August, so they filed after me and got approved before. They are B1/b2 visa and I’m H1B- is that why the processing time is different? They did not update spreadsheet yet.

Yeah im really hoping my case follows the same trend and I get an update next week. I’m just confused because someone else from my FO got approved without an interview just 9 days after they did their bio in August, so they filed after me and got approved before. They are B1/b2 visa and I’m H1B- is that why the processing time is different? They did not update spreadsheet yet.
Maybe your background check clearance is still pending while theirs cleared quickly.

Hi all. Does anyone know what is the situation of the visa availability right now?
I asked during my interview, actually! I was told the IOs can't tell us because they don't actually have live visibility of the number remaining during the conversation. They recalc at the end of each day based on the interviews, approvals, etc that day. I don't know if I was just told this so I'd stop asking all these extra Qs, but that was the answer I was given at least.

Would love to know if anyone else has any additional insight/visibility!

I asked during my interview, actually! I was told the IOs can't tell us because they don't actually have live visibility of the number remaining during the conversation. They recalc at the end of each day based on the interviews, approvals, etc that day. I don't know if I was just told this so I'd stop asking all these extra Qs, but that was the answer I was given at least.

I believe there are some DV22 statistics coming out today from one of Curtis Morrison's (lawyer) lawsuits that he's going to share. the stats are coming from Gov. it should tell us how many visas they've issued and how many interviews have been scheduled by KCC. i'm curious to see what the numbers are

Hello everyone . Today my husband's online case status changed to CPO .
Thank you so much @Sm1smom for your help you've been such a great help.
Brooklyn field office folks am keeping my fingers crossed for you guys I hope you all get the good news very soon.
Ps. We have updated the timeline sheet
Congratulations and thanks for the update.

I believe there are some DV22 statistics coming out today from one of Curtis Morrison's (lawyer) lawsuits that he's going to share. the stats are coming from Gov. it should tell us how many visas they've issued and how many interviews have been scheduled by KCC. i'm curious to see what the numbers are
Ooh thank you for this!

cc: @namyahc1 ☝️

This is true, they don’t know until they actually put the request in if there is a visa available. That said, if visas are exhausted one assumes that KCC /DOS would send a memo to uscis offices of that fact, as they have done in the past instance we are aware of where visas were exhausted.

It's gonna be from BOU JABBOUR et al v. BLINKEN et al. It's not Curtis Morrison's case, but rather IMMPact Litigation's. What we are going to see is:
By August 24, 2022, Defendants shall file an update with the court reflecting the most readily available recent statistics as to the following FY 22 Diversity Visa Program metrics: (1) number of cases and prospective applicants processed by the Kentucky Consular Center (KCC), (2) number of interviews scheduled by the KCC, (3) number of cases and prospective applicants fully adjudicated, and (4) number of visas issued.
I wouldn't expect it till 11:59pm EST though...

I received an email from USCIS saying "We received your request for expedited processing" and asking us to please submit, by email, documentation to support the request. However, they did not send an email address to send the documentation to. My case is with the Los Angeles Field Office. Does anyone have any advice?

Hi Dear Friends,

After many sleepless nights today my status has finally changes to "New Card Is Being Produced"!
I've been following this forum for so long and it's been the most useful resource - thanks so much to this community!

@Dr.Mikeleecooper I hope you'll hear some good news soon (if you haven't heard already)!

I've updated the spreadsheet as well. I wish to all those who are still waiting the best of luck - please don't lose hope!

Should I be concerned at all that yesterday I had "New Card is Being Produced" and today I seem to have regressed to "Case Was Approved"? I know the spreadsheet says not to worry about a series of rapid changes, but I wanted to double check that this isn't a bad sign since it seems to be the reverse of the intuitive order.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Should I be concerned at all that yesterday I had "New Card is Being Produced" and today I seem to have regressed to "Case Was Approved"? I know the spreadsheet says not to worry about a series of rapid changes, but I wanted to double check that this isn't a bad sign since it seems to be the reverse of the intuitive order.

Has anyone else experienced this?
The most "typical" order I've seen on a fairly large sample of egov statuses for I-485 receipts is (starting with the most recent and going back in time):
Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office
Card Was Picked Up By The United States Postal Service
Card Was Mailed To Me
Case Was Approved
New Card Is Being Produced

I received an email from USCIS saying "We received your request for expedited processing" and asking us to please submit, by email, documentation to support the request. However, they did not send an email address to send the documentation to. My case is with the Los Angeles Field Office. Does anyone have any advice?
You submit the document to the same email address you received the response from, or does it say that same email address should not be used?