• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Only

The most "typical" order I've seen on a fairly large sample of egov statuses for I-485 receipts is (starting with the most recent and going back in time):
Thank you for the unbelievably fast response to my very silly question!! The Flash would be jealous of how quick you came to my rescue.

I appreciate you so much! Thank you!!!

Should I be concerned at all that yesterday I had "New Card is Being Produced" and today I seem to have regressed to "Case Was Approved"? I know the spreadsheet says not to worry about a series of rapid changes, but I wanted to double check that this isn't a bad sign since it seems to be the reverse of the intuitive order.

Has anyone else experienced this?
Quite normal. If you take a look at the Timeline spreadsheet, you'll see majority have the CPO date earlier than the Approval Issued Date.

Hi Dear Friends,

After many sleepless nights today my status has finally changes to "New Card Is Being Produced"!
I've been following this forum for so long and it's been the most useful resource - thanks so much to this community!

@Dr.Mikeleecooper I hope you'll hear some good news soon (if you haven't heard already)!

I've updated the spreadsheet as well. I wish to all those who are still waiting the best of luck - please don't lose hope!
Fantastic, congratulations! Did you also have a congressional inquiry?

I received an email from USCIS saying "We received your request for expedited processing" and asking us to please submit, by email, documentation to support the request. However, they did not send an email address to send the documentation to. My case is with the Los Angeles Field Office. Does anyone have any advice?
How did you request for expediting? Could you teach me how you did it? That would be a great help!

Fantastic, congratulations! Did you also have a congressional inquiry?
@Dr.Mikeleecooper

Yes, I submitted both the congressional and senator's inquiry. Honestly, I haven't heard back from either of them so I don't have any data points to evaluate whether it was effective or not.

My lawyers and I also called Tier 2 agent and were able to expedite our request (from a second attempt), we received a call back from Tier 2 agent last week. So maybe this helped to move a needle...

Also, my lawyers were thinking about the mandamus lawsuit to help expedite the decision on our case...perhaps you'd like to consider that as well. They said it was very helpful last year in some of the cases that they led.

I hope that helps!

@Dr.Mikeleecooper

Yes, I submitted both the congressional and senator's inquiry. Honestly, I haven't heard back from either of them so I don't have any data points to evaluate whether it was effective or not.

My lawyers and I also called Tier 2 agent and were able to expedite our request (from a second attempt), we received a call back from Tier 2 agent last week. So maybe this helped to move a needle...

Also, my lawyers were thinking about the mandamus lawsuit to help expedite the decision on our case...perhaps you'd like to consider that as well. They said it was very helpful last year in some of the cases that they led.

I hope that helps!
Thank you for the information. I had submitted an expedite request via talking to a live agent on Emma, and today received an email from the USCIS that is asking me to directly submit the evidence to the FO. However, I really don't know which category I may fit in. Here is what is listed on the USCIS website:
  • Severe financial loss to a company or person;
  • Emergencies and urgent humanitarian reasons;
  • Nonprofit organization (as designated by the Internal Revenue Service) whose request is in furtherance of the cultural or social interests of the United States;
  • U.S. government interests;
  • Clear USCIS error.

DV cases? I’d be surprised, but if so, how long before the end of the FY were they filed?

I thought about asking this question here since most of you guys already got your medicals:
Do any of you here that are 19 yo and older got the Meningococcal vaccine at your medical exam?
I know the spreadsheet says it’s for 18 yo only, but someone that I know got that vaccine even though she is 20 yo.

I thought about asking this question here since most of you guys already got your medicals:
Do any of you here that are 19 yo and older got the Meningococcal vaccine at your medical exam?
I know the spreadsheet says it’s for 18 yo only, but someone that I know got that vaccine even though she is 20 yo.
Official CDC instructions are 11-18 yo https://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugeehealth/pdf/Vaccine-Requirements-According-to-Applicant-Age-p.pdf

Note there are cases where it’s a good idea for over 18s. My kid’s college has it as a requirement for those staying in dorms.

Thank you for the information. I had submitted an expedite request via talking to a live agent on Emma, and today received an email from the USCIS that is asking me to directly submit the evidence to the FO. However, I really don't know which category I may fit in. Here is what is listed on the USCIS website:
  • Severe financial loss to a company or person;
  • Emergencies and urgent humanitarian reasons;
  • Nonprofit organization (as designated by the Internal Revenue Service) whose request is in furtherance of the cultural or social interests of the United States;
  • U.S. government interests;
  • Clear USCIS error.
Hm...we didn't get a request like that...used a standard argument that the end of the fiscal year is close and tier 1 agent agreed to escalate...
I guess the reason will depend on your specific situation... Sorry if I can't be more helpful here

DV cases? I’d be surprised, but if so, how long before the end of the FY were they filed?
Yep, DV cases, unfortunately I don't know the timeline for the past cases that they did but for me they advised to file it ~30 days before the end of the fiscal year

Yep, DV cases, unfortunately I don't know the timeline for the past cases that they did but for me they advised to file it ~30 days before the end of the fiscal year
Hm. I’m sceptical on both counts (30 days is remarkably short in which to file and act on mandamus) but ok.
Btw you are aware a mandamus only forces a decision to be made? It cannot force a favorable outcome. If a background check for example is still pending and they are forced to decide, it will be a denial because the case at that point is not approvable.

Hm. I’m sceptical on both counts (30 days is remarkably short in which to file and act on mandamus) but ok.
Btw you are aware a mandamus only forces a decision to be made? It cannot force a favorable outcome. If a background check for example is still pending and they are forced to decide, it will be a denial because the case at that point is not approvable.
Got it, I'm not sure about that...just sharing my personal experience. They said if we file too early, the judge might deny the motion because there's still time left for USCIS to make a decision. Yes, the lawyers mentioned that it only forces the decision to be made and nothing can really ensure a favorable outcome...

I should have been more specific in my previous post - pasted here -

- "I received an email from USCIS saying "We received your request for expedited processing" and asking us to please submit, by email, documentation to support the request. However, they did not send an email address to send the documentation to. My case is with the Los Angeles Field Office. Does anyone have any advice?"

I should have added that there was actually a sentence saying "Please email your supporting documentation to (insert email)" However, they did not insert an email address, just left the "insert email" there. In this case, do you still think it's a good idea to reply to the email? Looking at other posts, these requests usually come directly from a field office. I know our case is at the Los Angeles field office, but can't email them without an address!

Any advice?

Got it, I'm not sure about that...just sharing my personal experience. They said if we file too early, the judge might deny the motion because there's still time left for USCIS to make a decision. Yes, the lawyers mentioned that it only forces the decision to be made and nothing can really ensure a favorable outcome...
It’s amazing that of the relative handful of DV AOS cases that go to lawyers (100 a year maybe?) - and how spread out around the country those are each year - one particular firm is implying that they not only had a number of DV cases but also filed a number of DV mandamus cases. Sorry if my sceptism antenna is going wild here. I don’t deny that’s what they led you to believe. But it would be very interesting to see their actual numbers.

Hey, did you end up working this out? I'm one of the other E3s in NYC that is going through the process roughly on the same timeline as you, and I've been following your case feeling pretty heartbroken that you haven't heard anything. Would love to know if you end up resolving this! :(
Hi There! So I submitted a congressional inquiry and they replied saying they replied with the following:

I am writing to confirm receipt of your correspondence. My office is actively reviewing your request for assistance and will follow up with you directly if any additional information or documentation is needed.

Please note that you will receive written confirmation once your issue has been brought to the attention of the appropriate federal agency.

I am going to call them now to see if I can speed things along! Feeling very nervous as I know not getting a GC would mean having an immigrant intent stamp alongside my name for my next visa renewal which is in October! Big eek!

Hi There! So I submitted a congressional inquiry and they replied saying they replied with the following:

I am writing to confirm receipt of your correspondence. My office is actively reviewing your request for assistance and will follow up with you directly if any additional information or documentation is needed.

Please note that you will receive written confirmation once your issue has been brought to the attention of the appropriate federal agency.

I am going to call them now to see if I can speed things along! Feeling very nervous as I know not getting a GC would mean having an immigrant intent stamp alongside my name for my next visa renewal which is in October! Big eek!
Ugh I just realized that I emailed a Senator on the weekend instead of the Congressman. No idea how that happened ... have submitted another inquiry with privacy release form. Fingers crossed it doesn't take them 2 weeks to get back to me. This is incredibly stressful!

Ugh I just realized that I emailed a Senator on the weekend instead of the Congressman. No idea how that happened ... have submitted another inquiry with privacy release form. Fingers crossed it doesn't take them 2 weeks to get back to me. This is incredibly stressful!
This might be a stab in the dark but maybe you could also file a case inquiry with USCIS.