• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Only

Thank you for your detail update. I moved to TX after I filed my AOS (not because Dallas was processing faster, because I'm starting my grad school here). Is there any way to check which FO has my documents or is processing my documents? I tried Emma but she wasn't much of a help.
Only way of checking is either through an online agent (via Emma) or by calling the 1800 customer service number - however, neither of this is guaranteed to provide an accurate response. Only guaranteed way to know is when the IL comes through.

1. Are you certain your friend selected AOS for himself on his DS260 form? Did you see the DS260 form to confirm he indeed selected AOS for himself? AFAIK, KCC has never made the mistake of of scheduling a CP interview when the selectee indicates they're processing AOS.
2. How long as your friend being in the US with Asylum pending?

USCIS wouldn't know anything about a KCC scheduled interview, so no surprise about the Tier 2 agent's response. Your friend will need to sort this out with KCC by email. If your friend has proof he originally selected AOS for himself (and FTJ for his family), he should send that to the KCC and let them know his case file should not have been sent to Warsaw, Poland for a CP interview.
1. Yes, I am a 100% certain , because I was sitting next to him and we checked every letter of the form before sending.
2. It's almost 3 years.
He's already sent them a detailed letter.

Last edited:
1. Yes, I am a 100% certain , because I was sitting next to him and we checked every letter of the form before sending.
2. It's almost 3 years.
He's already sent them a detailed letter.
Is there a print-out or screen shot of the DS260 where it shows AOS was selected?

How to contact a local congressman for a request to expedite the AOS process?
You can call a tier 1 agent for an expedite request, but bear in mind that DV based AOS is already an expedited catagory and applicants who have their request granted still have similar a average processing time. Regarding congressional inquiry, you can submit one through their website as a follow up option if you think your application has been unusually delayed.

Hey @Sm1smom expedite request was approved they sent mail for RFE for medical form. But this part was also added
What You Can Do
If you want USCIS to consider your request please provide additional evidence within [INSERT NUMBER] days demonstrating how your situation meets one or more of the following criteria:
* Severe financial loss to company or person…
Is this last part generic or do they need me to provide evidence. I explained my situation as a deadline approaching with only September remaining

Hey @Sm1smom expedite request was approved they sent mail for RFE for medical form. But this part was also added
What You Can Do
If you want USCIS to consider your request please provide additional evidence within [INSERT NUMBER] days demonstrating how your situation meets one or more of the following criteria:
* Severe financial loss to company or person…
Is this last part generic or do they need me to provide evidence. I explained my situation as a deadline approaching with only September remaining
This tells me the expedite request is under consideration as against “approved”. So yes, that second part of the RFE is most likely not generic.

Is there a print-out or screen shot of the DS260 where it shows AOS was selected?
Unfortunately, we did not print screen them . But if you take a look at the confirmation pages there is a different information for the next steps:

(This is for the principal applicant doing AOS)
Thank You
Your Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration Application (DS-260) was sent to the Kentucky Consular Center (KCC) for
review.
Next Steps
All Diversity Visa applicants must:
1. Obtain required supporting civil documents.
2. Obtain photographs that meet the Department of State’s visa requirements.
3. Contact your local USCIS Field Office for further information about booking an appointment.
You do not need to submit any documentation to the Kentucky Consular Center. The KCC will review your application
and will notify you if any of the information you have provided is insufficient or incomplete. The KCC will not schedule
your interview with USCIS. You must contact your local USCIS Field Office for further instructions on how to book an
appointment.

(This one is for the rest of the family)
Thank You
Your Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration Application (DS-260) was sent to the Kentucky Consular Center (KCC) for
review.
Next Steps
3. Review the information specific to the U.S. Embassy/Consulate General where your visa interview will occur.
You do not need to submit any documentation to the Kentucky Consular Center. The KCC will review your application
and will notify you if any of the information you have provided is insufficient or incomplete. Your DS-260 application
will be kept on file with KCC until a visa number is available for you and your case can be scheduled. When your case
is scheduled, the KCC will send you an email message directing you to log into the Entrant Status Check (ESC)
website for further instructions.

If you would like to change your interview location, you must contact the Kentucky Consular Center by sending an e-
mail to (KCCDV@state.gov) before your interview is scheduled. Your e-mail must include your name and case

number, and must clearly indicate where you would like to be interviewed. Please note that once you have an
appointment, you must contact the consular section where you have been scheduled in order to request a change. It
may not be possible to change the location of your interview after you have been scheduled.

@Sm1smom I interviewed this morning.
Case approved pending background check clearance. IO was friendly, but at some point, he mistook me for an applicant who has overstayed his tourist visa, so I referred him to my i-94 which indicates I am still in status, and he apologized. Finally, he said, "your application is approved but I can't request a visa now, until your background check has cleared." He told me that the only thing preventing him now is my background check which has not been sent by NBC to them and that once he receives the background check he will request a visa and issue it.

Two quick questions:

1. Considering the period remaining and the fact that I also filed FTJ how do you see this and what are my options between now and 9/30?
2. I also requested that he forwards the FTJ to my desired Consulate, but he says since NBC had not handed it over to them I will need to file that request/change with the NBC. Can you advise how I can put this request on the I-824?

Hi guys.

My interview is tomorrow, and I'm a little nervous, so I have a couple of questions.
1. Do you have any advice for people who have done the interview or know about it?
2. Is there anything else I should bring with me besides the documents listed on the appointment letter?

Thank you.

Hi guys.

My interview is tomorrow, and I'm a little nervous, so I have a couple of questions.
1. Do you have any advice for people who have done the interview or know about it?
2. Is there anything else I should bring with me besides the documents listed on the appointment letter?

Thank you.
2. Take original of all submitted documents, and copy of filled forms.

Unfortunately, we did not print screen them . But if you take a look at the confirmation pages there is a different information for the next steps:

(This is for the principal applicant doing AOS)
Thank You
review.
Next Steps
3. Contact your local USCIS Field Office for further information about booking an appointment.
and will notify you if any of the information you have provided is insufficient or incomplete. The KCC will not schedule
your interview with USCIS. You must contact your local USCIS Field Office for further instructions on how to book an
appointment.

(This one is for the rest of the family)
Thank You
review.
Next Steps
3. Review the information specific to the U.S. Embassy/Consulate General where your visa interview will occur.
and will notify you if any of the information you have provided is insufficient or incomplete. Your DS-260 application
will be kept on file with KCC until a visa number is available for you and your case can be scheduled. When your case
is scheduled, the KCC will send you an email message directing you to log into the Entrant Status Check (ESC)
website for further instructions.

If you would like to change your interview location, you must contact the Kentucky Consular Center by sending an e-
mail to (KCCDV@state.gov) before your interview is scheduled. Your e-mail must include your name and case

number, and must clearly indicate where you would like to be interviewed. Please note that once you have an
appointment, you must contact the consular section where you have been scheduled in order to request a change. It
may not be possible to change the location of your interview after you have been scheduled.
Hmmn! Wait, two different confirmation pages? I wasn’t aware KCC sends confirmation notice to both the main selectee and their derivatives. Isn’t it usually just one?
Can anyone in the forum confirm they received multiple confirmation notices after submitting their DS260 forms for themself and their derivatives (especially for folks processing FTJ)?

Hi guys.

Thank you.
Take a look at the “Interview Tips” section/tab of the AOS process spreadsheet for what to take and how to prepare for your interview.

@Sm1smom I interviewed this morning.
Case approved pending background check clearance. IO was friendly, but at some point, he mistook me for an applicant who has overstayed his tourist visa, so I referred him to my i-94 which indicates I am still in status, and he apologized. Finally, he said, "your application is approved but I can't request a visa now, until your background check has cleared." He told me that the only thing preventing him now is my background check which has not been sent by NBC to them and that once he receives the background check he will request a visa and issue it.

Two quick questions:

1. Considering the period remaining and the fact that I also filed FTJ how do you see this and what are my options between now and 9/30?
2. I also requested that he forwards the FTJ to my desired Consulate, but he says since NBC had not handed it over to them I will need to file that request/change with the NBC. Can you advise how I can put this request on the I-824?
Congratulations on getting your interview completed. However, you really can’t proceed with the FTJ until you clear the background check and your case is approved. Not trying to burst your bubbles, but the verbal approval means nothing while the background check clearance is pending. In the interim, to help you prepare and know the steps you may take for the FTJ part, I suggest you take a look at the FTJ tab/section of the DV Tracker - Unique Situations spreadsheet (link in my signature) to read/learn about steps taken by previous FTJers and the outcome.

I had my interview today and apparently I provided new information (provided my high school diploma which wasn’t part of my original AOS application) which warrants additional review. Any ideas what this means and how long the “additional review” should take? Thanks.

Can anyone in the forum confirm they received multiple confirmation notices after submitting their DS260 forms for themself and their derivatives (especially for folks processing FTJ)?
Not an FTJ, but we also received one confirmation per applicant. So two in total.

I had my interview today and apparently I provided new information (provided my high school diploma which wasn’t part of my original AOS application) which warrants additional review. Any ideas what this means and how long the “additional review” should take? Thanks.
Could take anywhere between a couple of minutes, hours, days, or weeks. It all depends on when the IO gets around to doing so, what they see, and or what they may be looking for.