• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Only

Thank you for the answer.
Our fine (pay bond in the document) as $105, so it seems we don't need to submit the related documents.
What confused me is "or property" in the instruction – another car was totaled and I thought it is a property. Also a mail about the court or fine mentions "charges" – it's also confusing.
Yes, the totaled car falls under property, IMO.
"There should have been a court about it, but we payed the fine and therefore weren't obligated to appear there (we didn't)" equates to being "charged" IMO, or cited (which is how the question is listed out on the I-485 by the way)

Anyway, my mantra is when in doubt, err on the side of caution by over preparing than be caught off guard at the last minute - disclose and submit documentation is what I would do.

Hello guys!

First of all, thank you everyone for creating this forum!

I have a question related to the form i485. There are question about parents but what if I don't know one of my parents date of birth and know only First and Last name? Is it a big problem or I can just add only First and Last name and this is enough? I saw that on DS 260 there is an option to mark "I don't know" but in the i485 I didn't notice it. Thank you very much

Hi all,
I am wondering that is it really mandatory to pay diversity visa fee to the Department of State if an applicant is already paying for I-485 form to the USCIS! Does anyone has an idea ?

Hello guys!

First of all, thank you everyone for creating this forum!

I have a question related to the form i485. There are question about parents but what if I don't know one of my parents date of birth and know only First and Last name? Is it a big problem or I can just add only First and Last name and this is enough? I saw that on DS 260 there is an option to mark "I don't know" but in the i485 I didn't notice it. Thank you very much
You can hand print UNKNOWN across the entire DOB field.

Hi all,
I am wondering that is it really mandatory to pay diversity visa fee to the Department of State if an applicant is already paying for I-485 form to the USCIS! Does anyone has an idea ?
The DV administrative fee which is payable to the DOS is different from the AOS processing fee which is payable to USCIS. So yes, DV administrative fee payment is mandatory.

Hello,
I have received "AOS Notification Letter from KCC"
and "Adjustment of Status Notification Letter from KCC"
these two were items in the cover letter i downloaded from your package. I was wondering about these two and what they are how important are they to include?

Hello,

I currently reside in the US and won the DV lottery 2022. Initially, I decided to proceed with CP and started filling out/completing my DS-260 also selecting the consulate, nevertheless I have not submitted it yet, as the IV application is still shown as "incomplete".

Due to personal reasons, later on I've decided to proceed with AOS, do I still need to email KCC to indicate my intention for AOS after completing the DS-260 but not having submitted it yet? I just wanted to make sure the IV "incomplete" stage is not considered as the start of CP by KCC.

Thank you in advance.

Hello everyone one question,

I am a DV 2022 Winner SA7XX. As of things are going I would expect for my number to become current on December, which means that assuming everything goes will have the card in a few months from there so around March-May.
However, I would really like to travel to my home country in February, would you suggest for me to file Early Filling in October (If my number is listed under the Advanced Notification in the VB (Section C)). Do any of you guys have had any good/bad experience with Early Filling?

Thank you!

Leo

Hello everyone one question,

I am a DV 2022 Winner SA7XX. As of things are going I would expect for my number to become current on December, which means that assuming everything goes will have the card in a few months from there so around March-May.
However, I would really like to travel to my home country in February, would you suggest for me to file Early Filling in October (If my number is listed under the Advanced Notification in the VB (Section C)). Do any of you guys have had any good/bad experience with Early Filling?

Thank you!

Leo
AOS timing is unpredictable. No particular submission date is going to ensure a green card within x months. Some get it quite quickly, others take many months. If you book an air ticket before you have your green card, make sure it’s refundable or no fee to change the date.

No one in the DV22 thread - obviously- has experience with anything yet. Go browse for DV21 thread. Most people on this forum seem to file early.

Hello,
I have received "AOS Notification Letter from KCC"
and "Adjustment of Status Notification Letter from KCC"
these two were items in the cover letter i downloaded from your package. I was wondering about these two and what they are how important are they to include?
You have received those two documents and gone through them right? So I’m not sure as to your question regarding what those two documents are - you should know what they are if you’ve read them.

Regarding how important they are for them to be included in the AOS package, the truth of the matter is you can make the call on what you consider important enough or not to be included in your AOS package. Again, everything listed on the spreadsheet is based on collective experience which has resulted in some applications being approved without any interview because they were front loaded well enough which enabled some IOs to make the determination there was no need for an interview. I can understand someone who hasn’t received those getting jittery and wondering about them, not someone who already has them.

Hello,

I currently reside in the US and won the DV lottery 2022. Initially, I decided to proceed with CP and started filling out/completing my DS-260 also selecting the consulate, nevertheless I have not submitted it yet, as the IV application is still shown as "incomplete".

Due to personal reasons, later on I've decided to proceed with AOS, do I still need to email KCC to indicate my intention for AOS after completing the DS-260 but not having submitted it yet? I just wanted to make sure the IV "incomplete" stage is not considered as the start of CP by KCC.

Thank you in advance.
As long as the DS260 form has not yet been submitted, you are not presumed to have started CP by KCC.

AOS timing is unpredictable. No particular submission date is going to ensure a green card within x months. Some get it quite quickly, others take many months. If you book an air ticket before you have your green card, make sure it’s refundable or no fee to change the date.

No one in the DV22 thread - obviously- has experience with anything yet. Go browse for DV21 thread. Most people on this forum seem to file early.
Thanks for the feedback!

You have received those two documents and gone through them right? So I’m not sure as to your question regarding what those two documents are - you should know what they are if you’ve read them.

Regarding how important they are for them to be included in the AOS package, the truth of the matter is you can make the call on what you consider important enough or not to be included in your AOS package. Again, everything listed on the spreadsheet is based on collective experience which has resulted in some applications being approved without any interview because they were front loaded well enough which enabled some IOs to make the determination there was no need for an interview. I can understand someone who hasn’t received those getting jittery and wondering about them, not someone who already has them.
Im sorry there was a mistype in my message.
I have not received those two documents and i want to send my application in october and i was wondering about these two documents.

Im sorry there was a mistype in my message.
I have not received those two documents and i want to send my application in october and i was wondering about these two documents.
I see.
"AOS Notification Letter from KCC" and "Adjustment of Status Notification Letter from KCC" are both the same - they refer to the 2NL from KCC which gets sent following the DS260 form submission. The sample cover letter has been modified to make it more clear. (Some may also receive this 2NL with just the DV administrative fee payment without the DS260 submission).

Hello all,

Does anyone know if AOS would indicate immigration intent when already on non-immigrant visa in the US? As I understand, submission of DS-260 directly indicates immigration intent but I am not sure about the AOS (i-485).

Thank you in advance.

Hello all,

Does anyone know if AOS would indicate immigration intent when already on non-immigrant visa in the US? As I understand, submission of DS-260 directly indicates immigration intent but I am not sure about the AOS (i-485).

Thank you in advance.
I-485 form submission indicates a demonstrated immigration intent. You’re requesting a change of status from a non-immigrant to an immigrant status.

Hello everyone two questions please,
1) I got my physical test as soon as I knew that I won the DV lottery (May) so need to get it again closer to whenever I send my documentation for the AOS since the old physical test signature already expired. Are the blood tests good for 1 year? Or do I need to get them again?
2) Using the excel sheet, I came up with the following list of documents to include in my application + a few extra ones, would you mind please taking a look at the list and telling me if I should not any some of those or if I am missing something?
I am currently on an F-1 Visa under OPT, concluded my studies on December 2020.

Thank you very much!

• 1) USCIS Early Filing Policy Memorandum
  • 2) Form G-1145
  • 3) Form I-485
  • 4) Form I-693 Medical Examination and Vaccination Record(Sealed Envelope)
  • 5) DV Lottery Selection Letter
  • 6) 2nd NL- Confirmation Notice from KCC
  • 7) Receipt from DOS for diversity visa lottery processing fee
  • 8) Cashier’s check for $1,225 [Filling fee for form I-485 ($1,140) and biometrics services fee ($85)]
  • 9) Two passport-style photos
  • 10) Birth certificate
  • 11) Copy of passport
  • 12) Copy of F1 Visa
  • 13) Copy of B1/B2 Visa
  • 14) US drivers’ license
  • 15) Copy I-94
  • 16) Copy of EAD Card
  • 17) I-20 Requesting OPT
  • 18) Copy of current I-20
  • 19) Copy of SEVIS I-901 payment confirmation
  • 20) Copy of form I-797C for OPT (F1 Visa)
  • 21) Copy of form I-797 Notice of Action for OPT (F1 Visa)
  • 22) Copy of high school certificate
  • 23) Copy of undergraduate university degree
  • 24) Copy of master’s university degree
  • 25) Copy of reference letter (University from which I got a degree)
  • 26) Copy of SSN
  • 27) Copy of employer reference letter
  • 28) Bank Statement for the last 3-6 months
  • 29) Recent pay slips 3-6 months
  • 30) 1098-T Form (2019-2020)
  • 31) W-2(2019- 2020)
  • 32) IRS Tax Transcript (2019- 2020)