• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Only

Hello everyone,

I submitted my DS-260 form about a month ago and am just waiting on the 2nd NL. Could someone please tell me what the subject on the 2NL mail or from which email we get the 2NL from? I receive a bunch of emails everyday so this will make it way easier for me to find it.

Thank you!

Leo

Hello everyone,

I submitted my DS-260 form about a month ago and am just waiting on the 2nd NL. Could someone please tell me what the subject on the 2NL mail or from which email we get the 2NL from? I receive a bunch of emails everyday so this will make it way easier for me to find it.

Thank you!

Leo
It's from KCCDV@state.gov
Subject: <case number> Diversity Visa Adjustment Letter

Thank you a lot! I got it about making a choice though I have a last question about it. How can I determine if my case is in USCIS and it is too late to unlock the DS-260 form?

I see people start receiving the 2NL. I've not received it yet, although I filled out DS-260 in May, is this normal?

Hi everyone. DV2022 winner here. I'm currently in the US but decided to go the CP route due to faster processing times. Now I'm thinking:
1. Is it better/safer to do AOS? We're all seeing the mess with DV2020 and DV2021 and I don't want that to happen to me this year.
2. Is it possible to go with both routes (AOS and CP) to be safe?
My CN is pretty high (AF60k) and I did get a request from KCC to send in my documents last week. Sorry if these questions were already answered before; I tried to look up the forum but couldn't find the info. Thank you.

Hi everyone. DV2022 winner here. I'm currently in the US but decided to go the CP route due to faster processing times. Now I'm thinking:
1. Is it better/safer to do AOS? We're all seeing the mess with DV2020 and DV2021 and I don't want that to happen to me this year.
2. Is it possible to go with both routes (AOS and CP) to be safe?
My CN is pretty high (AF60k) and I did get a request from KCC to send in my documents last week. Sorry if these questions were already answered before; I tried to look up the forum but couldn't find the info. Thank you.
1. No one can make the determination as to which route could be better or safer for you. That is a call you'll need to make on your own.
2. That is like trying to eat your cake and still have it. You'll need to select one option and proceed with it. You cannot simultaneously go both ways, there are things that needs to happen at certain check points for either route.

I see people start receiving the 2NL. I've not received it yet, although I filled out DS-260 in May, is this normal?
It is not unusual for some to wait several months before receiving the 2NL - if you take a look at the DV2021 timeline spreadsheet, you'll see the different timelines reported for the 2NL. Make sure you check you spam box too, the email sometimes goes there.

Hi there, the link for the 2021 timeline is not working for me? All the others do. Just wanted to report this. Thank you!

This link is not working for you? I have no idea what the is could be, seems to be working for everyone else.
That link DOES work for me, the link within the AOS Process and Documents spreadsheet does not work for me. The one in cell 3B on the timelines tab.

That link DOES work for me, the link within the AOS Process and Documents spreadsheet does not work for me. The one in cell 3B on the timelines tab.
I still don’t know why it’s mot working for you, seems to be working for others.

Just tested from cell 3b and can confirm it works for me
tested from cell 3b and can confirm it works for me
Thanks for checking all, I just turned my work VPN off and it worked. I don't understand VPN's well enough to explain but for some reason it didn't like the "rb.gy" server. The others were fine. Sorry to waste anyone's time, but might be helpful if anyone else is having trouble's opening any links.

Hello.
I have another question I hope to get help with :)

Last year my wife was involved in a car accident (she is at fault). No injuries, but both cars are totaled. Our insurance covered everything without any issues, I even have a mail confirming that the second party also got money. There should have been a court about it, but we payed the fine and therefore weren't obligated to appear there (we didn't).
i-485 requires all police reports and documents from courts, but I read somewhere that it's not necessary for car accidents without injuries.
Is it true? Or do we need to get all the records and attach them to the form?

Thank you!

Hello.
I have another question I hope to get help with :)

Last year my wife was involved in a car accident (she is at fault). No injuries, but both cars are totaled. Our insurance covered everything without any issues, I even have a mail confirming that the second party also got money. There should have been a court about it, but we payed the fine and therefore weren't obligated to appear there (we didn't).
i-485 requires all police reports and documents from courts, but I read somewhere that it's not necessary for car accidents without injuries.
Is it true? Or do we need to get all the records and attach them to the form?

Thank you!
I-485 form instruction says:
1. "In general, you do not need to submit documentation relating to traffic fines and incidents that did not involve an actual physical arrest if the penalty was only a fine of less than $500 or points on your driver’s license. However, you must submit such documentation if the traffic incident resulted in criminal charges or involved alcohol, drugs, or injury to a person or property." - Basically the amount of fine paid determines if you need the applicable documentation or not
2. "You must disclose all arrests and charges, even if the arrest occurred when you were a minor." - You are required to disclose the charge/citation nonetheless.

I-485 form instruction says:
1. "In general, you do not need to submit documentation relating to traffic fines and incidents that did not involve an actual physical arrest if the penalty was only a fine of less than $500 or points on your driver’s license. However, you must submit such documentation if the traffic incident resulted in criminal charges or involved alcohol, drugs, or injury to a person or property." - Basically the amount of fine paid determines if you need the applicable documentation or not
2. "You must disclose all arrests and charges, even if the arrest occurred when you were a minor." - You are required to disclose the charge/citation nonetheless.
Thank you for the answer.
Our fine (pay bond in the document) as $105, so it seems we don't need to submit the related documents.
What confused me is "or property" in the instruction – another car was totaled and I thought it is a property. Also a mail about the court or fine mentions "charges" – it's also confusing.