• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Only

Is it too early to send the documents and pay AOS fee for case# AS10XXX even if I haven't received the 2nd letter?
Is it too early to send which documents? You do realize AOS filing depends on when the CN becomes current?

If you’re confident your CN is likely to become current, you can go ahead and make the DV Administrative fee payment, as long as you’re aware that fee is non-refundable should your CN not become current by the end of your applicable FY.

Hello guys, I would appreciate if anyone has any advice to share concerning my future AOS process:
I came to the US on F1 visa, applied for DV-2022 lottery while I was on F1 OPT, it ended early June and I was accepted to another program starting September, so I am rolling back to F1 and properly maintaining my student status until I start / complete my AOS journey.

My husband came to the US on his B1/B2 visa (6 months granted period until July last year), while it was still valid he filed for its extension for 6 more months, and a couple of weeks later he filed for an asylum (filed August last year). No action has taken place for both applications, asylum and extension of tourist stay, except for bio for both cases.

He included me in his asylum application, so technically I have a dual status (previously F1 OPT / asylum pending dependent, now F1 / asylum pending dependent).

A couple of questions:

1) While I have a pretty clear picture with me adjusting my status from F1, will my husband's case be approved accordingly?

2) From what I've learned, the implication adjusting status from asylum pending is the overstay after expiration of legal status. Are we good since we timely filed the extension of stay application for my husband and closed the gap between expiry of his tourist status and application for asylum? I believe lack of action from UCSIS for both cases can be considered a technical issue...

3) To increase his chances of DV-based AOS approval, shall we file another COS application to F2? He is included in my I-20. While I am sure this application will be denied, maybe this might help the DV-based AOS case?

Any advice will be appreciated, thank you in advance!

Hello guys, I would appreciate if anyone has any advice to share concerning my future AOS process:
I came to the US on F1 visa, applied for DV-2022 lottery while I was on F1 OPT, it ended early June and I was accepted to another program starting September, so I am rolling back to F1 and properly maintaining my student status until I start / complete my AOS journey.

My husband came to the US on his B1/B2 visa (6 months granted period until July last year), while it was still valid he filed for its extension for 6 more months, and a couple of weeks later he filed for an asylum (filed August last year). No action has taken place for both applications, asylum and extension of tourist stay, except for bio for both cases.

He included me in his asylum application, so technically I have a dual status (previously F1 OPT / asylum pending dependent, now F1 / asylum pending dependent).

A couple of questions:

1) While I have a pretty clear picture with me adjusting my status from F1, will my husband's case be approved accordingly?

2) From what I've learned, the implication adjusting status from asylum pending is the overstay after expiration of legal status. Are we good since we timely filed the extension of stay application for my husband and closed the gap between expiry of his tourist status and application for asylum? I believe lack of action from UCSIS for both cases can be considered a technical issue...

3) To increase his chances of DV-based AOS approval, shall we file another COS application to F2? He is included in my I-20. While I am sure this application will be denied, maybe this might help the DV-based AOS case?

Any advice will be appreciated, thank you in advance!
1. I doubt your husband's DV based AOS application will be approved.
2. Your husband currently has no status to adjust from since his granted authorized stay has already expired. The "timely filed" EOS and COS applications can only help if approved and is still valid as at the time of filing AOS.
3. He currently has no status to file a COS from either. This will be considered a frivolous filing, it will not help with a DV based AOS application either. Since he's originally included in your I-20, he should have straightforward filed for COS to F2 before his 6 months authorized stay expired.

1. I doubt your husband's DV based AOS application will be approved.
2. Your husband currently has no status to adjust from since his granted authorized stay has already expired. The "timely filed" EOS and COS applications can only help if approved and is still valid as at the time of filing AOS.
3. He currently has no status to file a COS from either. This will be considered a frivolous filing, it will not help with a DV based AOS application either. Since he's originally included in your I-20, he should have straightforward filed for COS to F2 before his 6 months authorized stay expired.
Agree with all above. Extension/change pending is not a status. It’s a pity he didn’t just come on (and stay on) F2 in the first place.

By the way, imo not only would (3) above be seen as frivolous but his B extension application might be seen that way too considering he filed for asylum within a couple of weeks after that.

I believe lack of action from UCSIS for both cases can be considered a technical issue...
Nope, it’s not lack of action, it’s normal processing times for each of these type of application. They publish their processing times per form type so that information is readily available to the public.

Agree with all above. Extension/change pending is not a status. It’s a pity he didn’t just come on (and stay on) F2 in the first place.

By the way, imo not only would (3) above be seen as frivolous but his B extension application might be seen that way too considering he filed for asylum within a couple of weeks after that.

Nope, it’s not lack of action, it’s normal processing times for each of these type of application. They publish their processing times per form type so that information is readily available to the public.
Yup!

Hello,

I hope you are all well and safe. I have a question in regards to submitting the DS 260 form. I hope that you can address my question. I've completed the application form but having a hard time submitting the form. Everytime I try to submit the form, it does not go throgh even though I double check the accuracy of the information a zillions of times. I am receiving a red triange circled below which I think indicates that the KCC case number needs to be double checked. But the number is correct and I am sure that I entered it correctly. I tried copying/pasting, key in manually but the result still the same.

Can you pleae help on what to do?

Your help is appreceited.

View attachment 2696
I have the same problem. it is not allowing me to submit.

Hi there! DV Lottery winner 2022 - OC1XX

I had a query about the Adjustment of Status - Fee payment.

I am currently waiting for a new E3 to be approved (hoping to get it around the end of August), then my plan was to submit the DS-260 and the I-485 around the same time. I just saw that I need the DV Payment receipt to log my I-485 and this could take 4-8 weeks or more to get, so I want to submit that payment now. (I am confident my number should come up in October, November at the latest due to the history of case numbers being called).

My question is, can I submit the check for the fee payment now, before the DS-260? So that receipt will come through as soon as possible for me to submit my I-485?

Thank you again for all your help, this forum is amazing.

Hi there! DV Lottery winner 2022 - OC1XX

I had a query about the Adjustment of Status - Fee payment.

I am currently waiting for a new E3 to be approved (hoping to get it around the end of August), then my plan was to submit the DS-260 and the I-485 around the same time. I just saw that I need the DV Payment receipt to log my I-485 and this could take 4-8 weeks or more to get, so I want to submit that payment now. (I am confident my number should come up in October, November at the latest due to the history of case numbers being called).

My question is, can I submit the check for the fee payment now, before the DS-260? So that receipt will come through as soon as possible for me to submit my I-485?

Thank you again for all your help, this forum is amazing.
Yes you can.

No i put the exact same number for case number
You have to remove the leading zeros. Britsimons instructions also has discussed this.
So do the official DV instructions. https://travel.state.gov/content/tr...ur-iv-and-alien-registration-application.html

On the Sign and Submit page of the DS-260, you will need to re-enter your DV case number without the zeros (e.g. if the case number is 2020AF0000012345, enter ‘2020AF12345’). Entering the full case number with zeros will generate a validation error.

Hello everyone I am a DV winner 2022 doing AOS and have three questions (looking ahead in time) if I could please get some guidance.

1) Are the Notice of Action, Biometrics Letter, and Interview letter received via regular postal mail or email?
2) They are the ones that will schedule the interview for us correct? There is no need for us to call to request it right?
3) Am I require to get the Hepatitis B shot? Little confused weather I need to get or not according to the Excel (Medical Exam Section), I am 26 years old.

Thank you!

Leo

Hello everyone I am a DV winner 2022 doing AOS and have three questions (looking ahead in time) if I could please get some guidance.

1) Are the Notice of Action, Biometrics Letter, and Interview letter received via regular postal mail or email?
2) They are the ones that will schedule the interview for us correct? There is no need for us to call to request it right?
3) Am I require to get the Hepatitis B shot? Little confused weather I need to get or not according to the Excel (Medical Exam Section), I am 26 years old.

Thank you!

Leo
1. regular mail
2. They will schedule. If not scheduled in a timely manner, you need to follow up.
3. No.

Hello everyone quick question,

In form I-485 question 62 states "Have you ever receive public assistance in the United States from any source, including the U.S. Government or any state, county, city, or municipality (other than emergency medical treatment)?

I received all stimulus checks the last couple of years. In addition, not sure if this is related or not but I also received a refund $1000after filling my taxes since I was paying for 100% of my college education here in the States, would any of this be classified as public assistance or would my answer to the question still be "NO".

Thank you

Leo

Hello everyone quick question,

In form I-485 question 62 states "Have you ever receive public assistance in the United States from any source, including the U.S. Government or any state, county, city, or municipality (other than emergency medical treatment)?

I received all stimulus checks the last couple of years. In addition, not sure if this is related or not but I also received a refund $1000after filling my taxes since I was paying for 100% of my college education here in the States, would any of this be classified as public assistance or would my answer to the question still be "NO".

Thank you

Leo
No, go over the spreadsheet for more info.

hello everyone,

I got my 2nd NL today from this email address - KCCDV@state.gov
there is a pdf document attached to the email and it. it has 58 pages but only the first 2 pages have content in it. and the letter on the pdf is not well-formatted as well. it has lot of unwanted spaces in between and the lot of words are wrapped. the attched image has just a part of the letter.
1628273263013.png
Can someone tell me is this the normal way they sent letters or should I be concerned about that. Also in the spreadsheet it says to printout the email but in the email it says the Attached is the Adjustment Letter. I would be grateful if someone can guide me on that as well.
Thank you!

hello everyone,

I got my 2nd NL today from this email address - KCCDV@state.gov
there is a pdf document attached to the email and it. it has 58 pages but only the first 2 pages have content in it. and the letter on the pdf is not well-formatted as well. it has lot of unwanted spaces in between and the lot of words are wrapped. the attched image has just a part of the letter.
View attachment 2865
Can someone tell me is this the normal way they sent letters or should I be concerned about that. Also in the spreadsheet it says to printout the email but in the email it says the Attached is the Adjustment Letter. I would be grateful if someone can guide me on that as well.
Thank you!
May I know when did you submit your DS260?