• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Only

Hello,

As I said before my wife and I are in the US on my L-visa. It expired in last October and our I-94 expires in the September.
My company is submitting request to extend the status and I was told it can take several months and while the request is being processed our stay in the US is legal.
We estimate that our DV number will be current in November and there's a chance that the extension request will still be in process then.
What can you recommend us to do? Wait for the extension? Or collect and send AOS package and then bring the extended I-94 on the interview?

Thank you!

Hello all

In May I got the notification that I was selected to continue the DV lottery process (2022EU23XXX ) but only just now found this very helpful forum and youtube channel. I'm really nervous about this whole process and have been reading a lot since yesterday but I do have some questions I was hoping someone could help me with.

I a currently living in the USA on a J1 visa but when I entered in October I submitted that I was in Belgium... I don't know what I was thinking, I guess that I had in mind that by the time all of this would actually get off I would be back in Belgium by then but here I am still in the USA until at least August 2022. When I submitted my DS 206 I did the right thing and filed that i was in the USA. Now at the time of filing the DS-206 my visa ended at August 2021, which now has been renewed until August 2022. I read that the DS 206 isn't a must when doing a AoS so my question is if I should worry about the visa end date and/or the change of residing in Belgium/USA. I have been calling the USCIS multiple times now but no-one seems to be helpful there. Thank you in advance and I also apologise in advance if the answer is 'read the AoS spreadsheet again'

Hailey

Hello,

As I said before my wife and I are in the US on my L-visa. It expired in last October and our I-94 expires in the September.
My company is submitting request to extend the status and I was told it can take several months and while the request is being processed our stay in the US is legal.
We estimate that our DV number will be current in November and there's a chance that the extension request will still be in process then.
What can you recommend us to do? Wait for the extension? Or collect and send AOS package and then bring the extended I-94 on the interview?

Thank you!
Technically speaking, you have no status to adjust from while your EOS is pending. You may decide to still go ahead and file for AOS when your CN becomes current (while your EOS is pending) with the assumption that the EOS will be approved. In that case you simply take the new I-94 to your interview. Alternatively, you can wait for the EOS to get approved first before filing for AOS. It really is your call on how to proceed, I unfortunately cannot recommend for you to go one way or the other.

Hello all

In May I got the notification that I was selected to continue the DV lottery process (2022EU23XXX ) but only just now found this very helpful forum and youtube channel. I'm really nervous about this whole process and have been reading a lot since yesterday but I do have some questions I was hoping someone could help me with.

I a currently living in the USA on a J1 visa but when I entered in October I submitted that I was in Belgium... I don't know what I was thinking, I guess that I had in mind that by the time all of this would actually get off I would be back in Belgium by then but here I am still in the USA until at least August 2022. When I submitted my DS 206 I did the right thing and filed that i was in the USA. Now at the time of filing the DS-206 my visa ended at August 2021, which now has been renewed until August 2022. I read that the DS 206 isn't a must when doing a AoS so my question is if I should worry about the visa end date and/or the change of residing in Belgium/USA. I have been calling the USCIS multiple times now but no-one seems to be helpful there. Thank you in advance and I also apologise in advance if the answer is 'read the AoS spreadsheet again'

Hailey
I'm a bit confused with the Belgium or no Belgium, and the back and forth in your post. Here's the situation:

Make sure you're currently in a legal status (not previously broken/violated), continue to maintain a valid status until your CN becomes current, to ensure you're eligible to file AOS. If your current status has been extended till August 2022, and you haven't violated the previous status, you are okay. No problem with whatever date you listed on the DS260 form, that was the current/correct date as at when your submitted the form. And you can stop calling USCIS on about your DS260, that is not something they will be able to help you with or provide you with any guidance on how to fill it.

I'm a bit confused with the Belgium or no Belgium, and the back and forth in your post. Here's the situation:

Make sure you're currently in a legal status (not previously broken/violated), continue to maintain a valid status until your CN becomes current, to ensure you're eligible to file AOS. If your current status has been extended till August 2022, and you haven't violated the previous status, you are okay. No problem with whatever date you listed on the DS260 form, that was the current/correct date as at when your submitted the form. And you can stop calling USCIS on about your DS260, that is not something they will be able to help you with or provide you with any guidance on how to fill it.
Thank you for your very fast and clear reply and I'm sorry about the confusion there, I am a bit overwhelmed and tend to ramble then.. Thanks again!! :)

Thank you for your very fast and clear reply and I'm sorry about the confusion there, I am a bit overwhelmed and tend to ramble then.. Thanks again!! :)
Just slow down in that case. Spend some time, yes more time :) going over the spreadsheet.

Hi
In the AOS spreadsheet under the Medical Exam tab, the hepatitis B vaccine is not listed for the people at 19-59 years age range. But I just found this from USCIS website and it lists hepatitis B under vaccine requirement.
1627516514064.png
Any thoughts on that. Hope this would help all the people here as it takes around 4 months to complete the hepatitis B series as I heard.
thanks

Hi
In the AOS spreadsheet under the Medical Exam tab, the hepatitis B vaccine is not listed for the people at 19-59 years age range. But I just found this from USCIS website and it lists hepatitis B under vaccine requirement.
View attachment 2825
Any thoughts on that. Hope this would help all the people here as it takes around 4 months to complete the hepatitis B series as I heard.
thanks
You can take the Hepatitis B shot if you like. It is NOT required for ages 19-59 because it is not age appropriate, which is precisely why it wasn't listed for that age range on the spreadsheet. It is not an oversight. The spreadsheet is well researched and up to date.

Hi
View attachment 2825
thanks
It also lists polio but you’re not getting a polio vaccine right?
Not every vaccine is required for every age. More prosaically, if 4 months were required for a vaccine to clear the medical, don’t you think both the spreadsheet and discussions in the forum would be talking about it?

You can take the Hepatitis B shot if you like. It is NOT required for ages 19-59 because it is not age appropriate, which is precisely why it wasn't listed for that age range on the spreadsheet. It is not an oversight. The spreadsheet is well researched and up to date.
It also lists polio but you’re not getting a polio vaccine right?
Not every vaccine is required for every age. More prosaically, if 4 months were required for a vaccine to clear the medical, don’t you think both the spreadsheet and discussions in the forum would be talking about it?
My bad. thank you for the clarification both of you.

The spreadsheet is well researched and up to date.
@sk_silva This statement is very accurate! Even the staff at my CS' office did know less than what the spreadsheet provides (they mixed up Tdap and MMR and were suggesting that I had to have MMR every 10 years!).

If you still want to do your own research, you can look at page 8 here.

I went through the link but couldn't find any information on what Electronic Diversity Visa Confirmation Number.
you can find the confirmation number on the receipt you got when you submit the lottery.
At least that's the only place where I found my confirmation number

Hello,
I have two questions :)
1- i have applied for 140 and now I'm sending my 485 based on dv program. Should I fill in page 4 , part 2, number 3: Receipt Number of Underlying petition (if any) number 4 : Priority Datr from Underlying Petition (if any)?

2- I have transferred from another university and visa was issued for that university , What service number should I enter in my 485, the new sevis number in which I'm studying in or the one visa was issued with?
@atrzad just checking you did not in fact yet send in your i485 as per post above, correct? I didn’t see any immediate response to the “sending now” comment and not going through every post but you do know you need to be listed as current in the VB to send in, right?

May I ask how did you find out if you have won DV lottery then?

EDIT: Ok, I see there is an "I forgot" option. Never mind.
With case number , which is different than Electronic Diversity Visa Confirmation Number i suppose because there are two places for entering these numbers

@atrzad just checking you did not in fact yet send in your i485 as per post above, correct? I didn’t see any immediate response to the “sending now” comment and not going through every post but you do know you need to be listed as current in the VB to send in, right?
Thank you for checking in, yes i am waiting for the August visa bulletin to see the October's numbers; my number is <600
What i meant was that i am to send 485 with DV instead of sending it based on 140

With case number , which is different than Electronic Diversity Visa Confirmation Number i suppose because there are two places for entering these numbers
Where is i forgot option i may ask

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    91.5 KB · Views: 3