• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Only

Hello Simon,

I am following you in Twitter and Youtube and lots going on with the lawsuits. Will any of that will affect to AOS processing cases ? In my understanding, it is all for CP. Thank you for your all support and constant guidance.

Hello everyone:
Does having Medicaid and enrolling in the EEB program have any kind of negative impacts on the application or decision made on the case of the DV lottery?!

Hi,
My spouse is DV2022 winner: AS 24XXX (Looks like we have the highest number :() and she is on L2 Visa which is set to expire in 2023 and both of us are in US today. As she has not worked since 2018, she can only prove the criteria through her education route.

My question: She no longer has the high school/secondary school completion cert, can she prove her education route through her Advanced Diploma and/or Bachelor's degree certificate?

Thanks

Hello everyone:
Does having Medicaid and enrolling in the EEB program have any kind of negative impacts on the application or decision made on the case of the DV lottery?!
USCIS is not considering an applicant’s receipt of Medicaid (except for long-term institutionalization at the government’s expense), public housing, or Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) benefits as part of the public charge inadmissibility determination.

What is EEB?

Hi,
My spouse is DV2022 winner: AS 24XXX (Looks like we have the highest number :() and she is on L2 Visa which is set to expire in 2023 and both of us are in US today. As she has not worked since 2018, she can only prove the criteria through her education route.

My question: She no longer has the high school/secondary school completion cert, can she prove her education route through her Advanced Diploma and/or Bachelor's degree certificate?

Thanks
She may be able to use the Bachelor’s degree certificate. A few IOs have insisted on seeing the HS Diploma itself in the past, so if she can order a replacement HS Diploma, do look into that.

Hello everyone:
USCIS is not considering an applicant’s receipt of Medicaid (except for long-term institutionalization at the government’s expense), public housing, or Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) benefits as part of the public charge inadmissibility determination.

What is EEB?
Note that while using medicaid per se may not be considered public charge, the implication of low income may cause issues when the IO is assessing public charge. Do you have someone who can sign an I134 for you?

Hello everyone,

My wife is the DV winner with AS 26XXX. She is right now in F2. I'm in F1 visa (valid till 2023 for both). So I got couple of questions.

1. Since my wife has no financial history, will that I-134 is enough to proof our financial stability?
2. Do I (as spouse) need to include employment status and my IRS tax history to support the case if I-134 is not enough?

Hello everyone,

My wife is the DV winner with AS 26XXX. She is right now in F2. I'm in F1 visa (valid till 2023 for both). So I got couple of questions.

1. Since my wife has no financial history, will that I-134 is enough to proof our financial stability?
2. Do I (as spouse) need to include employment status and my IRS tax history to support the case if I-134 is not enough?
1. Yes it helps if you’re able to get an I-134.
2. Yes you should.

@SusieQQQ Yes, as my wife is the winner and I am a research assistant on F1 , I will be signing I 134, I assume that this will work, correct?

( I could not reply to your post , it gives me an error)

@SusieQQQ Yes, as my wife is the winner and I am a research assistant on F1 , I will be signing I 134, I assume that this will work, correct?

If you are earning an income it counts for the couple, so you don’t sign an i134. Is your income at the poverty level though, given you are on Medicaid - if there or less your should look at asking someone else to sign an i134.

Hey Everyone! Thank you all for always being responsive on this forum. I got my NL1 this past May and my case # AF48XXX is kinda high. My current status is H1B and I was wondering if there was a chance that my number could never be current? If so, is it worth attempting CP? Additionally, does a letter from an employer suffice for the educational/vocational requirement? Thanks!

Hey Everyone! Thank you all for always being responsive on this forum. I got my NL1 this past May and my case # AF48XXX is kinda high. My current status is H1B and I was wondering if there was a chance that my number could never be current? If so, is it worth attempting CP? Additionally, does a letter from an employer suffice for the educational/vocational requirement? Thanks!
I am not sure why you think your number is so high for AF - and AF very often goes current for all - but certainly indicated closer to fiscal year end - but if a number isn’t current it doesn’t make a difference if you are doing AOS or CP, it is either current for both or for neither.

For education you need to present the educational diploma or degree you are claiming. If you are trying to qualify under work experience you need a lot more than just an employer letter. I suggest you spend some time browsing the britsimon website for information about this as well as DV in general.

@Sm1smom I meant EBB the emergency broadband benefit ( I could not reply to your post , it gives me an error)
Yeah, like Susie already noted above the IO may have issues with your implied low income situation based on the different forms government assistance you’re already receiving.

An I-134 (if using one) which has to be from a 3rd party will be for your wife and her derivatives which includes you. You can issue an I-134 for your wife, even if you could, as the IO I probably wouldn’t consider it in view of the already implied low income based on the government benefits already being received on this same income.

Has anyone got the copy of the receipt from Department of State for the diversity visa lottery processing fee? If yes, how long did you wait?