• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Only

Hello,

I hope you are all well and safe. I have a question in regards to submitting the DS 260 form. I hope that you can address my question. I've completed the application form but having a hard time submitting the form. Everytime I try to submit the form, it does not go throgh even though I double check the accuracy of the information a zillions of times. I am receiving a red triange circled below which I think indicates that the KCC case number needs to be double checked. But the number is correct and I am sure that I entered it correctly. I tried copying/pasting, key in manually but the result still the same.

Can you pleae help on what to do?

Your help is appreceited.

View attachment 2696
Leave the middle zeroes out

Hi all! Am currently on F-1 status (that expires in July 2022) with a diversity number of OC4XX. Am worried the green card processing won't be completed by July 2022 so am thinking about contingencies. Does anyone know if I can switch to a non-immigrant visa while the AOS application is processing? Am thinking of leveraging the E-3 visa as I'm Australian.

Hi all! Am currently on F-1 status (that expires in July 2022) with a diversity number of OC4XX. Am worried the green card processing won't be completed by July 2022 so am thinking about contingencies. Does anyone know if I can switch to a non-immigrant visa while the AOS application is processing? Am thinking of leveraging the E-3 visa as I'm Australian.
It will be tough to demonstrate you have a non-immigrant intent if you already have a pending AOS application in the system.

You know a submitted i485 gives you authorized stay if your prior visa expires during the process , right?

Hi All, I would appreciate it if you could help me with this question:
I got divorced back in my home country several years ago. In the DV2022 entry, I chose "unmarried", even though there was an option "divorced" (these two options seemed interchangeable to me).
Can this be a reason for disqualification? Should I choose "divorced" in DS260? Should I include a divorce certificate with my AOS application or not?
Thanks in advance!

Hi All, I would appreciate it if you could help me with this question:
I got divorced back in my home country several years ago. In the DV2022 entry, I chose "unmarried", even though there was an option "divorced" (these two options seemed interchangeable to me).
Can this be a reason for disqualification? Should I choose "divorced" in DS260? Should I include a divorce certificate with my AOS application or not?
Thanks in advance!
You should have selected "Divorced" and not "Unmarried" Going forward, ensure you correctly list your marital status, and yes you will need your divorce certificate.

Hello,
I have two questions :)
1- i have applied for 140 and now I'm sending my 485 based on dv program. Should I fill in page 4 , part 2, number 3: Receipt Number of Underlying petition (if any) number 4 : Priority Datr from Underlying Petition (if any)?

2- I have transferred from another university and visa was issued for that university , What service number should I enter in my 485, the new sevis number in which I'm studying in or the one visa was issued with?

Hello,
I have two questions :)
1- i have applied for 140 and now I'm sending my 485 based on dv program. Should I fill in page 4 , part 2, number 3: Receipt Number of Underlying petition (if any) number 4 : Priority Datr from Underlying Petition (if any)?

2- I have transferred from another university and visa was issued for that university , What service number should I enter in my 485, the new sevis number in which I'm studying in or the one visa was issued with?
1. No. Not applicable.
2. Which section of the I-485 asks for the Sevis number?

Thank you for your reply and sorry for late respond.

The sevis request is in 765 information about your last arrival
Since the question is asking about your last arrival, you provide the SEVIS # tied to your arrival.

Hi everyone and @Sm1smom, I checked the DV lottery website and I was selected with the AS5XX range. In my case, I came to the US with a J1 visa and then I changed my status to F1 while I was in the US and I am still in the US today. l have some questions to ask:

1.) l applied for my F1 status change 6 months in advance before my J1 visa expiration date. My F1 is already approved, but I just want to make sure that during the gap period between my J1 and my F1 status change (pending approval), I am staying lawfully within the US the entire time. For example, I applied for F1 status change 10/24/19, my J1 expired 4/22/20 and my F1 was approved on 4/24/20. Will this gap period be of any issue for my DV Visa application?

2.) On Form I-485 Part 4 regarding Parental Information: My father has changed his name multiple times in his lifetime. I am wondering if I would need to include all of his previous names in Part 14 (Additional Information) as one of them appears on my High School transcript and it is neither his current name or his birth name.

3.) My passport is expiring early next year (March 2022). Since my rank is within the AS5XX range, I can use my current passport for this application right (Form I-485)? And after I submit the form, I can go ahead and renew my passport without any issues? Or should I renew first before submitting my Form I-485.
FYI, I already submitted form DS 260 using my current passport number.

4.) In Part 8 for number 1, I became a member at a church I attend. Should I answer YES to this question?

1.jpg

Thanks in advance and appreciated!

Hi everyone and @Sm1smom, I checked the DV lottery website and I was selected with the AS5XX range. In my case, I came to the US with a J1 visa and then I changed my status to F1 while I was in the US and I am still in the US today. l have some questions to ask:

1.) l applied for my F1 status change 6 months in advance before my J1 visa expiration date. My F1 is already approved, but I just want to make sure that during the gap period between my J1 and my F1 status change (pending approval), I am staying lawfully within the US the entire time. For example, I applied for F1 status change 10/24/19, my J1 expired 4/22/20 and my F1 was approved on 4/24/20. Will this gap period be of any issue for my DV Visa application?

2.) On Form I-485 Part 4 regarding Parental Information: My father has changed his name multiple times in his lifetime. I am wondering if I would need to include all of his previous names in Part 14 (Additional Information) as one of them appears on my High School transcript and it is neither his current name or his birth name.

3.) My passport is expiring early next year (March 2022). Since my rank is within the AS5XX range, I can use my current passport for this application right (Form I-485)? And after I submit the form, I can go ahead and renew my passport without any issues? Or should I renew first before submitting my Form I-485.
FYI, I already submitted form DS 260 using my current passport number.

4.) In Part 8 for number 1, I became a member at a church I attend. Should I answer YES to this question?

View attachment 2728

Thanks in advance and appreciated!
1. No issue.
2. You can list his current name under parental information section and list previous names in the additional information section of the I-485.
3. Yes, Yes, No.
4. Yes.

Hello everyone! I heard about this forum through one of my friends and it seems really helpful for DV winners. I myself won the DV lottery with AS28XX range. I am an F1 student currently in the US and I have a valid visa until 2024. I am following the AOS process on the spreadsheet and already submitted the DS 260 in the last week. I have few questions on DV administration fee and the Form I-485

1. regarding the DV administration fee of $330 - To whom do I name the money order or cashier's check? it has only an address (attached below).

1625421577851.png
Regarding I-485 form
2. I found out that F1 visa holders don't have an A-number. So I guess I have to leave that blank on every page. I wanted to make sure that's the way.

3. for field 23.b Expiration date of authorized stay shown on form I-94 - in my I-94 it says Duration of stay. so should I put the program end date on my I-20 (which is 31st May 2024) or the Visa Expiration day (which is 7th May 2021)

Thank you very much! and I appreciate you for keeping this forum up and running.

Hello everyone! I heard about this forum through one of my friends and it seems really helpful for DV winners. I myself won the DV lottery with AS28XX range. I am an F1 student currently in the US and I have a valid visa until 2024. I am following the AOS process on the spreadsheet and already submitted the DS 260 in the last week. I have few questions on DV administration fee and the Form I-485

1. regarding the DV administration fee of $330 - To whom do I name the money order or cashier's check? it has only an address (attached below).

View attachment 2739
Regarding I-485 form
2. I found out that F1 visa holders don't have an A-number. So I guess I have to leave that blank on every page. I wanted to make sure that's the way.

3. for field 23.b Expiration date of authorized stay shown on form I-94 - in my I-94 it says Duration of stay. so should I put the program end date on my I-20 (which is 31st May 2024) or the Visa Expiration day (which is 7th May 2021)

Thank you very much! and I appreciate you for keeping this forum up and running.
1. U.S. Department of State.
2. Leave it blank.
3. Put D/S

View attachment 2739
Regarding I-485 form

Hi, congratulations! Have you received the confirmation from Kentucky to do the AOS after submitting DS-260?

Hey everyone, I am in USA with F1 visa and I was selected for Dv2022. I have decided to do AOS, and already submitted my DS260 since my case number is AS1***. I found conflicting opinions online on whether I need a sponsor or not.
1. I will be starting my Masters this August and I have been funded for 2 years with stipend of $20k+ per year. Do I still need to have a sponsor and fill out I-134 form?
2. Do I have to send my tax filing documents and bank statements with my I485?
3. Also, if one has received stimulus check, does it affect I485 application?
Thank you in advance!

Hey everyone, I am in USA with F1 visa and I was selected for Dv2022. I have decided to do AOS, and already submitted my DS260 since my case number is AS1***. I found conflicting opinions online on whether I need a sponsor or not.
1. I will be starting my Masters this August and I have been funded for 2 years with stipend of $20k+ per year. Do I still need to have a sponsor and fill out I-134 form?
2. Do I have to send my tax filing documents and bank statements with my I485?
3. Also, if one has received stimulus check, does it affect I485 application?
Thank you in advance!
1. Having an I-134 as a back-up financial document is often recommended in for someone without a demonstrable source of income or is unemployed. The IO has to been convinced you're unlikely to become a public charge in order for them to approve your case. You can decide if having the I-134 could be beneficial for you or not.
2. Those are some of the recommended documents for demonstrating financial strength in support of your application.
3. If you received the stimulus check because you were eligible to do so, that is not a problem. If you the IRS made the payment when you are not eligible for it, you should plan on returning the payment.

Take a look at the AOS Process Spreadsheet - it has a lot more information regarding your above questions.

Sorry for asking many questions. I appreciate @Sm1smom and @SusieQQQ . As I said earlier, I am on Asylum pending status and I won the lottery this year. Can I file for unemployment if I would be eligible? And is this gonna affect on my DV lottery interview? Is receiving EDD would be risky for my DV lottery interview?