• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Only

I got another question, this time about translations (birth certificate, school certificate, diplomas).
The Spreadsheet says that the certified translation is required. When I start looking for such service I found out that such translation can be one of two types:
1. electronic – a service provides me PDF files with translated documents;
2. hard copy – a service also sends me the translated documents by mail.

Which one should we use? Will it be enough to get a PDF, print it and attach to the package?
Or should we go with getting hard copies and send them?

Thank you!

The guidance I provide here is limited to DV based process only, I can’t comment on your I-140 process. Nonetheless I stand by what I already said re having multiple applications in the system at the same time not being a problem because I have also seen applicants with multiple applications who did not run into any unusual delay. You’ll need to make the call on your own on whose word to go by.
Thanks again. Do i need to include traffic citation in 485 and have payment or court documents? I dont have them and im not sure how to get those

I got another question, this time about translations (birth certificate, school certificate, diplomas).
The Spreadsheet says that the certified translation is required. When I start looking for such service I found out that such translation can be one of two types:
1. electronic – a service provides me PDF files with translated documents;
2. hard copy – a service also sends me the translated documents by mail.

Which one should we use? Will it be enough to get a PDF, print it and attach to the package?
Or should we go with getting hard copies and send them?

Thank you!
It doesn't matter. As long as the translated version is clear and legible.

Thanks again. Do i need to include traffic citation in 485 and have payment or court documents? I dont have them and im not sure how to get those
Yes, you need to list the citation. You don't need court documents for the citation, unless of course you actually had a related court hearing. In that case, you'll need to contact the court clerk for the disposition documents.

hi,
I went through most of the spread sheet and saw very low turnout rate for DV lottery winner while Asylum pending. My CN is 2022AS7** . Is there any one from last years who actually got GC after interview while pending asylum case. There are some threads on Google sheet but they are not discussing about the interview process while on penning asylum. Thanks alot .

hi,
I went through most of the spread sheet and saw very low turnout rate for DV lottery winner while Asylum pending. My CN is 2022AS7** . Is there any one from last years who actually got GC after interview while pending asylum case. There are some threads on Google sheet but they are not discussing about the interview process while on penning asylum. Thanks alot .
There are Timeline spreadsheets from 2011 (I believe) listed on the AOS process spreadsheet. You should take a look at those, you'll be able to see/read about the outcome of those cases from the timeline spreadsheets.

You should have also noticed the tab dedicated to "Asylum Pending" status on the AOS process spreadsheet. If you haven't, I encourage you to take a look at it to help you better understand what you're facing if you're filing a DV based AOS from "Asylum Pending Status". The interview process is more or less the same for all applicants regardless of their current status, however if you want to read about specific cases, click on the "DV Incident Tracker" spreadsheet (which is still under development, but useful enough as is) which can be found on the "Timeline" tab of the AOS process spreadsheet

Hi, i have renewed my passport . For i485 and i765 forms which passport number should i provide? the one i entered US with or the new one

It doesn't matter. As long as the translated version is clear and legible.
Hello, wanted to follow up on this with a question. For birth certificate of my country, it says "Certified Copies Available: Certified copies are not available." (on the reciprocity page)

Does that mean I should just submit the original (in my language) without translating it by a certified translator? It does say do not submit a international version but rather the original Serbian one. Just I do not see anywhere it saying that it needs to be translated.

Many thanks!

The passport you were admitted into the US with.
Thanks alot, and for Eligibility Category section, i couldnt find the code for DV.
I tried to insert the link to the USCIS page i was looking but didnt allow me, where can i find those codes?

And another question that i have is regarding the EAD if i have two 485 can i apply for two EAD and if using one and get rejected in one of them, will i be out of status in general? Or they consider the other application

Hello, wanted to follow up on this with a question. For birth certificate of my country, it says "Certified Copies Available: Certified copies are not available." (on the reciprocity page)

Does that mean I should just submit the original (in my language) without translating it by a certified translator? It does say do not submit a international version but rather the original Serbian one. Just I do not see anywhere it saying that it needs to be translated.

Many thanks!
Maybe you should spend some time going over the I-485 which you will be submitting the B/C in support of, where the instruction says:
"Translations. If you submit a document with information in a foreign language, you must also submit a full English translation. The translator must sign a certification that the English language translation is complete and accurate, and that he or she is competent to translate from the foreign language into English. The certification must include the translator’s signature. DHS recommends the certification contain the translator’s printed name and the date and the translator’s contact information."

And if you want to go by the USDOS's website, the instruction there also says:
"The applicant and each family member who will accompany the applicant to the United States will need to submit scanned copies and any required translations of original documents or certified copies of the documents listed below from an appropriate office, authority, or issuing entity in your country. You will be required to bring the original documents to your visa interview at the U.S. embassy or consulate, along with any translations required."

Thanks alot, and for Eligibility Category section, i couldnt find the code for DV.
I tried to insert the link to the USCIS page i was looking but didnt allow me, where can i find those codes?

And another question that i have is regarding the EAD if i have two 485 can i apply for two EAD and if using one and get rejected in one of them, will i be out of status in general? Or they consider the other application
Eligibility category code for which form? Be specific and please number your questions if you have more than one in a post!

It's been a month that I have filled out DS-260 form but haven't received the confirmation that I want to do AOS. How long it's gonna take? Case #: AS10XXX

It's been a month that I have filled out DS-260 form but haven't received the confirmation that I want to do AOS. How long it's gonna take? Case #: AS10XXX
Be P.A.T.I.E.N.T.!

KCC is quite busy sorting out the 2021 FY mess, your FY hasn’t started, plus your CN doesn’t appear to be on the low side. You can spend some time going over the current AOS thread to get an idea of what applicants are experiencing (and maybe previous years’ too). You should also review both the current and past timeline spreadsheets by the way.

So, going home can compromise my future AOS application? I just don’t won’t to go home if that jeopardize my DV visa.
You misunderstood the answer that was given to you. You can go for a short trip as long as you have a valid visa that can allow you to re-enter the US territory and stay for a longer period than a tourist visa (B1 or B2) would do!

Eligibility category code for which form? Be specific and please number your questions if you have more than one in a post!
Sure, Part2 page 3 item 27 in form i765. For 485 is has bunch of combo boxes which has dv program among them but for i765 need a code

Sure, Part2 page 3 item 27 in form i765. For 485 is has bunch of combo boxes which has dv program among them but for i765 need a code
And number 2 question: is about the EAD card for different 485 forms and does it work, if one get rejected for instance

And number 2 question: is about the EAD card for different 485 forms and does it work, if one get rejected for instance
I'm sorry I still don't understand what your question is here. Just ask this question all over again, without trying to reference or refer to something you previously wrote. I don't have the time to be going back and forth between posts trying to weave them together and figure out what the question is about.

Hello,

I hope you are all well and safe. I have a question in regards to submitting the DS 260 form. I hope that you can address my question. I've completed the application form but having a hard time submitting the form. Everytime I try to submit the form, it does not go throgh even though I double check the accuracy of the information a zillions of times. I am receiving a red triange circled below which I think indicates that the KCC case number needs to be double checked. But the number is correct and I am sure that I entered it correctly. I tried copying/pasting, key in manually but the result still the same.

Can you pleae help on what to do?

Your help is appreceited.

1624247936846.png