• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Only

hello everyone,

I got my 2nd NL today from this email address - KCCDV@state.gov
there is a pdf document attached to the email and it. it has 58 pages but only the first 2 pages have content in it. and the letter on the pdf is not well-formatted as well. it has lot of unwanted spaces in between and the lot of words are wrapped. the attched image has just a part of the letter.
View attachment 2865
Can someone tell me is this the normal way they sent letters or should I be concerned about that. Also in the spreadsheet it says to printout the email but in the email it says the Attached is the Adjustment Letter. I would be grateful if someone can guide me on that as well.
Thank you!
You received a badly formatted 2NL. It is no big deal though, nothing to stress or worry over.

You received a badly formatted 2NL. It is no big deal though, nothing to stress or worry over.
okay, thank you for your reply.
I can possibly edit the pdf to a proper format before sending it with my AOS package. is it unnecessary or would editing it affect my case in a bad way?

hello everyone,

I got my 2nd NL today from this email address - KCCDV@state.gov
there is a pdf document attached to the email and it. it has 58 pages but only the first 2 pages have content in it. and the letter on the pdf is not well-formatted as well. it has lot of unwanted spaces in between and the lot of words are wrapped. the attched image has just a part of the letter.
View attachment 2865
Can someone tell me is this the normal way they sent letters or should I be concerned about that. Also in the spreadsheet it says to printout the email but in the email it says the Attached is the Adjustment Letter. I would be grateful if someone can guide me on that as well.
Thank you!
I also received my 2NL today. It is exactly similar (with 58 pages) to what you have explained.
I submitted my DS260 about two months ago.

Hi my question is after being approved to receive a waiver for a j1 visa…is it possible to start application of AOS without your case number become current? Because someone told me after being approved a waiver i can start to filling AOS to green card through lottery without going back home …he was told me its bypass,,, it’s possible?

Hi my question is after being approved to receive a waiver for a j1 visa…is it possible to start application of AOS without your case number become current? Because someone told me after being approved a waiver i can start to filling AOS to green card through lottery without going back home …he was told me its bypass,,, it’s possible?
The requirement to be current applies to both consular processing and AOS. Waiver or no, your number must be published as current (in the advance notification section of the visa bulletin) to start AoS. If you don’t understand the AOS process, please see the spreadsheet in the first post. You can stay in the US to adjust IF you will be able to maintain a legal status until your case number is current. If you will not be able to maintain a legal status you will need to go home to get a visa.

USCIS UPDATE RE SSN:

Applicants filing for lawful permanent resident status are now able to apply for a Social Security number (SSN) or replacement card as part of the adjustment of status application process. Previously, these individuals had to apply for a Social Security number at a Social Security office. USCIS is revising Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, to include the additional questions needed to apply for an SSN or a replacement card. This change to Form I-485 is effective immediately, and applicants can begin filing with the updated form today.

For any DV22 selectee who already completed the old I-485 form (03/10/21 edition) which is still acceptable until Oct. 13, 2021 when the new I-485 form (03/29/21 edition) becomes the only acceptable version, you should consider replacing it with the new version NOW (before Oct. 13th) to ensure you automatically get a new or replacement SSN card CPers do.

I am a Dv2022 winner. I am planning to do AOS. So when I am filling the I485 form, it has question no 23.b on page 2 regarding the expiration date on I94 but My I94 says the date as D/S. So What should I put an expiration date on the form? if anyone knows please reply to me. Thank you

I am a Dv2022 winner. I am planning to do AOS. So when I am filling the I485 form, it has question no 23.b on page 2 regarding the expiration date on I94 but My I94 says the date as D/S. So What should I put an expiration date on the form? if anyone knows please reply to me. Thank you
You put D/S.

Hello everyone,

Recently I have received an NL2 letter from KCC which tells that further communication must be done with USCIS. At the same time I realized I made a mistake on my DS-260 submitted form. Should I request to unlock it and fix the answers or should I just provide the correct answers in my I-485 form taking in account that DS-260 is not processed.

Also I'm a bit concerned that the unlock request could be processed for a long time. Can it affect anything?

Thank you!

Hello everyone,

Recently I have received an NL2 letter from KCC which tells that further communication must be done with USCIS. At the same time I realized I made a mistake on my DS-260 submitted form. Should I request to unlock it and fix the answers or should I just provide the correct answers in my I-485 form taking in account that DS-260 is not processed.

Also I'm a bit concerned that the unlock request could be processed for a long time. Can it affect anything?

Thank you!
What is your case#?

I did for DV2022, it took about 4-5 weeks and on top of that they sent me someone else's receipt. I reached out to the receipt owner and luckily it was just a swap so we sent each other's receipt.
Hello Yadman. Appreciate if you can help me with this. I have minimum experience with mailing letters and just don't want to mess things up. When you send the SASE did you buy 69 cents postpaid envelope from USPS or you pasted the stamps. If you pasted stamps how much? Couldn't find any reliable instructions in the internet. Appreciate if you could answer.

Hello everyone,

Thank you!
If the error is a minor one (and not series of errors), you can ignore it and just make sure your I-485 is accurately filled out.

Hello Yadman. Appreciate if you can help me with this. I have minimum experience with mailing letters and just don't want to mess things up. When you send the SASE did you buy 69 cents postpaid envelope from USPS or you pasted the stamps. If you pasted stamps how much? Couldn't find any reliable instructions in the internet. Appreciate if you could answer.
I sent a pre-stamped priority mail envelope with the DV fee. it costs around $7.50 I think. you can ask the person in the post office to stamp it and he will stamp the envelope and give you the tracking number.

If the error is a minor one (and not series of errors), you can ignore it and just make sure your I-485 is accurately filled out.
Can I treat a mistake in a single security question (which doesn't prevent the immigration) like a minor error?