• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Only

Wait, can you please clarify, as I'm a bit confused - I thought asylum pending was not a valid status from which you could adjust via AOS. Apparently, tm_austin's case proved my understanding was wrong. Does it only apply to asylum cases?
Surely this wouldn’t be the first time you’re coming across something like this considering you referenced the DV Tracker spreadsheet for similar cases in this post not too long ago.

It depends on how they fill out the form and what sort of supporting documents they provide you with.
So at the moment, they are still working since they still have 3 weeks to finish their job, so they did put that they are employed and provided me with w-2's and pay stubs going back 4 months. They also indicated some assets.

Surely this wouldn’t be the first time you’re coming across something like this considering you referenced the DV Tracker spreadsheet for similar cases in this post not too long ago.
Well, in all those cases I always assumed (in part, after reading earlier discussions here) that asylums were add-ons on top of regular statuses. I could've been reading not too attentively. So, ultimately, you can have only asylum pending and still be able to complete AOS, correct?

Well, in all those cases I always assumed (in part, after reading earlier discussions here) that asylums were add-ons on top of regular statuses. I could've been reading not too attentively. So, ultimately, you can have only asylum pending and still be able to complete AOS, correct?
We’ve seen such cases both approved and denied.

So at the moment, they are still working since they still have 3 weeks to finish their job, so they did put that they are employed and provided me with w-2's and pay stubs going back 4 months. They also indicated some assets.
You should be fine.

I think you should take another look at the Tracker in that case since it has more details.

Good morning @Sm1smom . I was planning to send USCIS fee by money order, today I realized on USCIS site saying that

"Also, some offices will no longer accept money orders or cashier’s checks, such as the Los Angeles Field Office. Please see our News page for updates."

When I click News to see about field offices, my field office is included in this list and say that these offices only accept these forms:

"Effective immediately, these offices will only accept payments in the form of a: ...................." and it does not include money order

Does it mean that I cannot send money order to pay my fee for I-485? Thank you so much again! (I could not copy paste the USCIS links as the system sees them as spam I guess. But it is the classical forms/filing-fees link of USCIS.)

Good morning @Sm1smom . I was planning to send USCIS fee by money order, today I realized on USCIS site saying that

"Also, some offices will no longer accept money orders or cashier’s checks, such as the Los Angeles Field Office. Please see our News page for updates."

When I click News to see about field offices, my field office is included in this list and say that these offices only accept these forms:

"Effective immediately, these offices will only accept payments in the form of a: ...................." and it does not include money order

Does it mean that I cannot send money order to pay my fee for I-485? Thank you so much again! (I could not copy paste the USCIS links as the system sees them as spam I guess. But it is the classical forms/filing-fees link of USCIS.)
That information is about people making certain payments in person at the FO. You’re not making the payment in person, your payment is not going directly to your FO, so that notice is not applicable to you. Ignore it.

Hi! Finally last Saturday we got our Green Cards mailed at home for the four of us. I would like to thank you very much to all the people in this group, and specially to Sm1smom and SusieQQQ for their time and dedication sharing their knowledge with the rest of us.

I have updated the spreadsheet with my data.

Best of lucks to all of you that are still working on it!

Hi! Finally last Saturday we got our Green Cards mailed at home for the four of us. I would like to thank you very much to all the people in this group, and specially to Sm1smom and SusieQQQ for their time and dedication sharing their knowledge with the rest of us.

I have updated the spreadsheet with my data.

Best of lucks to all of you that are still working on it!
Fantastic! Congratulations.

It depends. You’ll need to be a bit more specific with the situation you’re dealing with in order to be pointed in the right direction.
1. When did you file your AOS application?
2. Have you completed your biometrics appointment?
3. Is the rest of your family now in the US? If yes, when did they enter and when did they send in their AOS package?
4. Did you already make the DV administrative fee for your wife and child? (previous post was about your IO wanting you to make the DV administrative fee payment for your spouse and kid who were supposed to be processing FTJ). If yes, when?
1. 485 Sent Apr 25, receipt May 13.
2. Yes.
3. No.
4. No as the only main applicant is in the US. He emailed KCC about processing FTJ, they answered: "The adjustment of status fee to the Department of State has been paid or indications on your DS-260 show that you wanted to adjust your status in the US. The payment of the adjustment of status fee indicates to KCC that you are residing in the US and wish to process your case at the local USCIS office. As a result, KCC did not continue the processing your case. To continue this case to consulate processing, please notify KCC with your request".
As we understand, KCC sent our case (of three persons) to the local USCIS office. To unlock the main selectee's DS260 will take much time...

Hello all,

Is there any way that I can get the biometric notice faster? I mean by contacting Emma or a live agent? Has anybody done this beforehand?

@AngyAngy hi. What did you end up doing? Pay the KCC for everyone or just for the AOS applicant?

I have been emailing KCC for different reasons, but KCC only sends generic response which doesnt make sense, it is really impossible to get things worked out with them :( I hope you will have good luck. (They first told me ok, your interview location is updated as aos, email us again unlock. Now they are saying, your number is current, we cannot unlock blah blah :) )

1. 485 Sent Apr 25, receipt May 13.
2. Yes.
3. No.
4. No as the only main applicant is in the US. He emailed KCC about processing FTJ, they answered: "The adjustment of status fee to the Department of State has been paid or indications on your DS-260 show that you wanted to adjust your status in the US. The payment of the adjustment of status fee indicates to KCC that you are residing in the US and wish to process your case at the local USCIS office. As a result, KCC did not continue the processing your case. To continue this case to consulate processing, please notify KCC with your request".
As we understand, KCC sent our case (of three persons) to the local USCIS office. To unlock the main selectee's DS260 will take much time...
Since your family is not currently in the US, I cannot discuss the possibility of their AOS applications being fast-tracked to join yours which is currently at your FO, or the impact of their filing on yours.

As for the three files being sent to the FO by KCC, that is the standard practice since they are beneficiaries. Beneficiaries case files are always tied to that of the main selectee. For FTJ cases, the KCC file of the main selectee and their derivatives gets sent by the KCC to the FO. After the main selectee completes the AOS process (after they've been approved), the FO sends the entire case file, (main selectees approval notice and the derivatives' KCC files) to the embassy where the derivatives are supposed to attend their CP interview.

Hello all,

Is there any way that I can get the biometric notice faster? I mean by contacting Emma or a live agent? Has anybody done this beforehand?
If the bio appointment has already been scheduled, it is possible to find out the date (note necessarily get the notice itself) by contacting Emma.

Approximately how long after the Bio Appointment or how long after the Bio Walk-in, one should get worried if the person has not received the letter of interview yet? My Bio Schedule was for 22nd of June and I did the Walk-in on the 13th. I know from the excel sheet that I should still be good and waiting specially that my field office might be a more crowded one. However, I just want to have a rough deadline in mind to know by when I should start thinking of taking actions if that deadline is passed and I still have not heard or received a letter for the interview. I appreciate your answer. Please beware that I know this is all very relevant and dependent on each case and your answer is not the only thing I would depend on for taking further actions. My question is just about the estimate for the deadline out of experience and seeing many cases throughout the years. Otherwise, I will myself decide and consider everything on my own discretion. Thanks!

@Sm1smom

Hi all! I have a question about the process. We are waiting for the interview notice once our fingerprints were taken last month. We haven't had any update from USCIS since May18 until today, when we received this update:
June 18, 2022

New Card Is Being Produced​

On June 18, 2022, we ordered your new card for Receipt Number MSCxxxxxxxxxxx, and will mail it to the address you gave us. If you move, go to xxxxxxxxx to give us your new mailing address.

Is this that our interview has been waived and we are going to have our cards mailed to our address?

Thanks!
Congratulations could you please tell us which location you did you bio

Another question.
1- Does USCIS or the Field Office considers sending the letter of interview from the time Bio was scheduled or from the time Bio was done/finished? Or is it a separate process and has nothing to do with the Bio appointment or procedure?

2- Is there a rough pattern throughout the years on the field offices or the cases for which cases have their interviews waived? Maybe based on nationalities? e.g. Europeans hypothetically get their interviews mostly waived for example ... People who have their field offices somewhere crowded get their interviews waived for example ... Any potential patterns were noticed at all? I understand this is very tough to answer. So if there is no pattern observed never mind this question. Thanks.

Congratulations could you please tell us which location you did you bio

Hi all! I have a question about the process. We are waiting for the interview notice once our fingerprints were taken last month. We haven't had any update from USCIS since May18 until today, when we received this update:
June 18, 2022

New Card Is Being Produced​

On June 18, 2022, we ordered your new card for Receipt Number MSCxxxxxxxxxxx, and will mail it to the address you gave us. If you move, go to xxxxxxxxx to give us your new mailing address.

Is this that our interview has been waived and we are going to have our cards mailed to our address?

Thanks!
Could you please tell us a bit about your case? As much as you are comfortable. Maybe your nationality or Status or State or field office location? I am hoping to find a pattern for those who get their interviews waived.